Contract and Iregs?

F

Frankie's Friend

You are more than welcome to use that code; however, you may lose your daily guarantee if you do.
You dont even know what youre talking about.
The oms will see the timecard error and change it to 06 or 05.
Your guarantee is not affected unless you choose to 05.

MrBates

Is there anything being done about all the damn all the items we have been getting slammed with? I don't know about you guys, but I'm sick of delivering, trampolines, couches, grills, 8ft bookcases, etc.

If the union doesn't address this issue I think everyone should start requesting help to move packages. Fight then with over allowed. Anytime you have a box that says "team lift" or "medh lift" call the center and ask for help.

I read something about this in a draft of the upcoming contract. There is a proposal on the table to have "Irreg routes" up for bid. Supposedly the route will consist of a team of two people delivering irregs all day in a footer. Havent seen any updates on that yet. The idea has some merit. Most of my Irregs get crushed and I do my best to tape it up, but sometimes its just downright embarrassing, especially when your trying to DR it, ring the bell, and get out of dodge before the customer can comment on it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I read something about this in a draft of the upcoming contract. There is a proposal on the table to have "Irreg routes" up for bid. Supposedly the route will consist of a team of two people delivering irregs all day in a footer. Havent seen any updates on that yet. The idea has some merit. Most of my Irregs get crushed and I do my best to tape it up, but sometimes its just downright embarrassing, especially when your trying to DR it, ring the bell, and get out of dodge before the customer can comment on it.

I usually knock, drop and roll but when the box is trashed I just drop and roll.

My building already has irreg routes. When the AM air drivers come back to the building they load up all the left behind over weights and over size and left in building packages. Along with misloads. Easy money but a lot of days you end up working 10+hours at top driver rate.

F

Frankie's Friend

My building already has irreg routes. When the AM air drivers come back to the building they load up all the left behind over weights and over size and left in building packages. Along with misloads. Easy money but a lot of days you end up working 10+hours at top driver rate.
We would file on that. Air drivers continuously delivering ground. Your local allows this?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
From what I was told by our IE guy (who's actually a pretty good guy.). They use the GPS in the truck and DIAD to calculate it. The issues that come from that are people who stop complete in the truck. Also stops that you have to walk a long distance around something or up many floors to deliver but to the GPS you're only a few yards away from the truck.

Still it's not accurate and they don't care so neither do I. :censored2: pay me. :)

I've tested this theory. Scan package as I leave car, stop complete at delivery point every single stop. If it actually adds any time, it takes so much longer to do it that way it more than negates any gains. My guess is that they can use that information if they want to update a time study, but don't use it to calculate actual over/under on a daily basis.

F

Frankie's Friend

Been going on for years. Bargaining union employees performing bargaining Union work at the the agreed rate of pay (top driver rate). Unforeseen fluctuation in volume or staffing issues.
Thats different than your air driving scenario.
Where in the contract or your sup/rider does it say that air exception drivers can be used on a continous basis to deliver ground pkgs.
Please post it.
Are you meaning SDV drivers that just happen to be exception air drivers?

542thruNthru

I've tested this theory. Scan package as I leave car, stop complete at delivery point every single stop. If it actually adds any time, it takes so much longer to do it that way it more than negates any gains. My guess is that they can use that information if they want to update a time study, but don't use it to calculate actual over/under on a daily basis.

I believe it's only used for the time study. Once the study has been done it's not going to help you anymore.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Glad to see that they are getting top ground rate.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
You absolutely still get credit for it. It's just not punched in manually anymore because guys would amazingly have 150 over 70s everyday.
says the guy who has never done the job! If we automatically got credit for it why would it show up only 1/3 of the time? Use your head man, the rest of us are watching and thinking, "oh look another management idiot!"

I put it in special counts A. It gets a 1 somewhere trust me.
No friend, it doesn't!

Pants? I don't understand. It's just a picture of Upstate with a beard. ;)
That is NOT a beard!