Contract and Iregs?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why don't you get off your high horse ass and see if you can move the 8-burner gas grill that I saw being "loaded" into a car yesterday. This has nothing to do with a damn time allowance. It's about safety, but also these things limit egress, destroy other packages in the car, and bottom line are FREIGHT to be delivered with the proper team of people and truck. They are not packages!

No one is disputing that. He was talking about drivers purposely inflating their O-70 numbers to increase their planned day, which is called falsifying a time card and can be a dischargeable offense if the company decided to press the issue.

Heavy Package

What UPS thinks this job is...

senior-couple-loading-large-package-into-back-of-car-ereebn.jpg

What this job actually has become...

article-2535670-1A7BFC7100000578-5_634x370.jpg

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Like when they do a time study and if a driver gains any time they throw it out??? Seen that before many times and it personally has happen to me...and they want to know why everyone thinks this company is run by a bunch of con artists and scammers....
Until they start giving bonuses based on customer satisfaction instead of the lying cheating and stealing, our company is doomed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why don't you get off your high horse ass and see if you can move the 8-burner gas grill that I saw being "loaded" into a car yesterday. This has nothing to do with a damn time allowance. It's about safety, but also these things limit egress, destroy other packages in the car, and bottom line are FREIGHT to be delivered with the proper team of people and truck. They are not packages!
We give all of the small parcels and bags to the post office.... almost 10% of the volume is irregular and overweights....we all know it’s a joke...except mgt who wants you to get that 100 lb pkg up to the 2nd story apt and back down in 30 seconds .... another joke right there

Brown Down

You absolutely still get credit for it. It's just not punched in manually anymore because guys would amazingly have 150 over 70s everyday.

Until the shipper lies on the weight. Had a huge box yesterday that on our label said 28 pounds. Sticker on the side had 115. No credit in the board

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
So instead of questioning a bad employee, cheat all out of proper credit? I check every time I scan an Irreg, almost 1/3 of the time it doesn’t show in special counts. Shocking!
That guy thinks it’s still included. I deliver 4-5 O70’s a day. Used to do some myself. Since the Special Counts credit went away my O/A bumped up significantly. Now I just call for help for every O70. friend them. It’s their issue not mine. I can’t wait for my O/A to reach 8 hours over.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That guy thinks it’s still included. I deliver 4-5 O70’s a day. Used to do some myself. Since the Special Counts credit went away my O/A bumped up significantly. Now I just call for help for every O70. friend them. It’s their issue not mine. I can’t wait for my O/A to reach 8 hours over.
Love some of these routes that have 200 stops and it’s considered an underload.... total joke..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
No one is disputing that. He was talking about drivers purposely inflating their O-70 numbers to increase their planned day, which is called falsifying a time card and can be a dischargeable offense if the company decided to press the issue.
How about them falsifing the amount of time it actually takes to do this job safely and efficiently....they have been inflating these numbers for years and everyone knows it...

M

MenInBrown

Until the shipper lies on the weight. Had a huge box yesterday that on our label said 28 pounds. Sticker on the side had 115. No credit in the board

We had our ability to put in over 70s taken from us a while ago. If the shipper lies about the weight we can’t put in that it’s really an over 70. No big deal to me. I haven’t seen my time allowance in years nor do I care to. I’ve told my sups over the years that the time allowance over/under crap was for them, not for me.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Had a driver in a small extended center do exactly that. He was even putting

in oversize 1 & 2 in the board. Only problem was.... his "over-allowed" problem

went away, and the company audited his car for 3 days. He got his job back at the

state panel, but sat out a couple weeks because he was a long term employee.

Love some of these routes that have 200 stops and it’s considered an underload.... total joke..

6.75 hour dispatch on paper.

Yet.... no one in management can run it in that time.

Even IE has ridden on these routes, and agrees the allowances are wrong.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Actually they have been deflating those numbers for years.

Bingo!
Had a driver in a small extended center do exactly that. He was even putting

in oversize 1 & 2 in the board. Only problem was.... his "over-allowed" problem

went away, and the company audited his car for 3 days. He got his job back at the

state panel, but sat out a couple weeks because he was a long term employee.

6.75 hour dispatch on paper.

Yet.... no one in management can run it in that time.

Even IE has ridden on these routes, and agrees the allowances are wrong.
I’ve heard I these “mystical” IE rides and even though they know it’s BS, they still don’t do any adjustments....all smoke and mirrors....paid by the hour

OrionsBitch

Not...
I'd honestly have to look at it to get the actual number. But I know it isn't that low though.
If we are getting credit for then then why are the number of irregs and the number of stopper per car, volume etc all going way up? In the short amount of time I've been driving every route in my building has gone up at least 30-40 stops....the trucks are always plugged with over weights and the ones that aren't overweight are always around 40-50lbs and bulk stops. Not to mention every new truck we get is at least and 800. I have seen three routes in 500 go to 700 and then 800 in two years. So yeah.....credit my ass... UPS is going to have one hell of a time keeping up with all the workman's comp cases in about 10 years when all these 20 year old drivers are wore out prematurely from the ridiculous dispatches and overweight/oversize boxes. Look at the older guys now when went through a lot of their career without having over 70's, high stop counts/ oversize boxes (what happened to the chain?). They are beat to hell!

And our benefits are being threatened? I wonder why?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I’ve heard I these “mystical” IE rides and even though they know it’s BS, they still don’t do any adjustments....all smoke and mirrors....paid by the hour

Back in the day (I sound like @rod now) physical time studies were accurate.

Then again.... if you worked over 9.5, you were in the office the next morning.

-Bug-

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If we are getting credit for then then why are the number of irregs and the number of stopper per car, volume etc all going way up? In the short amount of time I've been driving every route in my building has gone up at least 30-40 stops....the trucks are always plugged with over weights and the ones that aren't overweight are always around 40-50lbs and bulk stops. Not to mention every new truck we get is at least and 800. I have seen three routes in 500 go to 700 and then 800 in two years. So yeah.....credit my ass... UPS is going to have one hell of a time keeping up with all the workman's comp cases in about 10 years when all these 20 year old drivers are wore out prematurely from the ridiculous dispatches and overweight/oversize boxes. Look at the older guys now when went through a lot of their career without having over 70's, high stop counts/ oversize boxes (what happened to the chain?). They are beat to hell!

And our benefits are being threatened? I wonder why?
These drivers will get hurt and get kicked to the curb... the company is thinking short term in regards to employees health and safety....the bigger problem is why are these kids flying through the routes ... running, skipping personal time....young and naive.... when they finally learn it will be too late...

OrionsBitch

Not...
Common sense never makes it's way into UPS......if the box says "Team Lift" or especially "Mechanically Lift".....it's freight....it's that :censored2:ing simple but pea brain management can't figure that out. All they care about is numbers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Back in the day (I sound like @rod now) physical time studies were accurate.

Then again.... if you worked over 9.5, you were in the office the next morning.

-Bug-
I have heard that these virtual rides can’t even calculate different levels of buildings and apartments but I’m sure some big shot IE guy will prove us wrong...