Contract hidden issues found thus far

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
There is another member on here referred to as Stewie. (PTStewie)
​The poster you are referring to is anonymous or 407.

407 is an OG cheerleader who comes on here to destroy certain threads that go against the OG. He will start arguments, ask question about stupid things like tv shows, weather, and other idiotic material. Ignore him.

anonymous4

One side says look at these concessions, then the IBT cheerleaders come to say "stop whining my boy". What are you benefiting from another brother's loss and why would it be whining on their part?

Reading BC the past month, it feels like I am being sold a "YES" vote by people with interests unbeknownst to me. A vote that when observing the details, looks to be more and more deserving of "NO".

407 is an OG cheerleader who comes on here to destroy certain threads that go against the OG. He will start arguments, ask question about stupid things like tv shows, weather, and other idiotic material. Ignore him.
Judging by my rep I think the majority think otherwise. Maybe you should go back to brownave. God bless.

anonymous, what's your opinion of the part-time give-backs in this TA?
I think it happens every contract no matter if it it's hall or Ron Cary. Times are a changing and the part timer will get squeezed. They need to become vigilant on filing GOOD grievances. This will help in their fight. Make your agenda to go full time and if you don't ACCEPT the consequences. I'm sorry that you always give back but remember this. You are a part time employee and a full timer will always get the benifit of this doubt. You might not like it and you might not like what I say but it's the truth. Time to evolve. The good ones evolve. I've been doing it forever. God bless

I think it happens every contract no matter if it it's hall or Ron Cary. Times are a changing and the part timer will get squeezed. They need to become vigilant on filing GOOD grievances. This will help in their fight. Make your agenda to go full time and if you don't ACCEPT the consequences.

​ I'm sorry that you always give back but remember this. You are a part time employee and a full timer will always get the benifit of this doubt. You might not like it and you might not like what I say but it's the truth. Time to evolve. The good ones evolve. I've been doing it forever. God bless

anonymous4

Are the opportunities to go full-time dwindling because of the union "squeezing" the part-timer (use of cover drivers, longer progression, extending use of seasonal & helper types)?

How will filing good grievances protect the part-timers from more union give-backs in the next contract?

Are the opportunities to go full-time dwindling because of the union "squeezing" the part-timer (use of cover drivers, longer progression, extending use of seasonal & helper types)?

How will filing good grievances protect the part-timers from more union give-backs in the next contract?
Documentation. Ask your steward & business agents to be on the front line and do the documentation. Ill take the brunt. In the next contact you will have an a avenue for this. Just wait till August 1.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
And Bottomups, these supplements do NOT have to be voted on by the members. They are added clauses to our contract and there are several things that have been added that at the present time the company does not enforce. This is apparently one of them. I know we do not have this language in our agreement. These are things the company keeps in their back pocket to pull out at any time to benefit whatever agenda they are now trying to pursue. If you read the top of the supplement it says, August 1,2013. That is when it goes into effect and can be enforced at any time. Someones giving you a line of crap if they say you get to vote on this. Check your facts....you already voted on this.
Lets try this again and you will come to the conclusion that nothing sucks more than the moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong!
First, these supplements DO have to be voted on by the members. When you receive your ballot, assuming you are a dues paying member in good standing, you will get the opportunity to vote on the Master,any regional supplement you are in and your local rider.
Second, we have the language in the current contract for the period August 1, 2008 through July 31, 2013 that allows split vacation picks with the approval of the union. If you choose not to believe me, google the Central Region Supplement of our current contract and read it for yourself.
Third, it can not be enforced at anytime. It would have to be voted on and approved by a majority of the members that it would involve and only then could the union approve the measure. It has not even come up for a vote in any center in my local and I do not believe many centers would approve it.
Finally, you are correct in your last sentence. I have already voted on this when I cast my ballot for the current contract back in 2008.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I've looked over the proposed agreement and here's what I've found.

You "found" something.... written in plain english. Good Job.

Wrong. You will no longer be breaking up the option week of 50 hours.
Regular vacation weeks of 45 hours would apply. 45/5=9 hours.

The second time.... it had to be explained.

If you split your option week into single days you will be only paid for 9 hours instead of 10. DO NOT DO THIS it will save the company the hourly wage wvwry time you do it

^^^^

I'm stating the facts

Really....

These supplements do NOT have to be voted on by the members.

Uh.... the supplements are voted on.

The driver helper pay use to be time and a half if a part time employee went out after his shift.

So the issues pointed out here are all Central State, correct?​

Helpers in my area never got over time after 5 hours.

I am reading the Central Region Supplement.

Maybe.... You could be a "Asskicker" within your own supplement.

Instead, of trying to inject your thoughtless opinion in ours.

Has anyone else read anything that supports the "facts" stated by the OP?

No. He's an asskicker.

You don't know a thing about me, yet you find it necessary to attack me and my reputation.

And, you don't know a "thing" about anyone, the contract.... But attack everything "not to your liking". Good Job.

God bless....

Generous.... salutations.

​-Bug-

Eman1978

"Deductible is per person and new coverage does not cover kids...just you and your spouse"

Wait, so the new insurance won't cover my kids?

RealPerson

It does say that the Vacation Pick split must be approved by the Local Union.
I was corrected also on the 10 to 9 hour thing. You keep the Optional week with MORE hours and split 2 Regular Vacation weeks, so it would be 9 hours..

My Building already quit paying Drivers helpers overtime... So if you work 4 hours driver helper and 3.5 on your normal shift you are only getting 7.5 instead of the good ole days of 2.5 OT