Contract hidden issues found thus far

hyena

Let me ask you this, If someone has a grievance in your building, what happens? Is Hoffa expected to come down to deal with that? WE deal with contract issues everyday. The enforcement doesn't start at the top buddy, it starts with the employees. The fact is, as a steward, I've looked at every aspect of these changes over and over that effect my people I look after. I'm there for their protection. I like this TA because of the changes in language. 9.5 will be a cake walk in our building (even for PT casuals), harassment is already being handled in our building by increased intensity of the grievance process, article 6 was clarified by one word, intentional, guys on TAW will make their full rate, a few others that I'm too tired to remember, plus the wages and H&W and pension contributions will bump us up $25,000.
You said the leadership is out for personal gain?It would be more believable had our wages been higher. If I were to fleece workers, I'd focus on wages since our dues is related to that. As far as the language,, didn't I PM you on con Hyenatract language already? I'm still waiting for what would be a satisfactory contract for everyone? Some please post it.
You think I'd waste a Saturday doing that?

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/...ect-contract-350229/index3.html#ixzz2TiCH7lC3

stink219

But you miss the point. When I say I like the TA, it's reflective of what can be seen. When someone says they don't like it, there is a void in interpretation of how it could be better.

hyena

But you miss the point. When I say I like the TA, it's reflective of what can be seen. When someone says they don't like it, there is a void in interpretation of how it could be better.
Go on then, whats their to like all your brothers and sisters getting screwed?

stink219

The fact that we are $20 higher than a FedEx worker. Job security. PTs being the highest paid in the industry. PT healthcare. Relief of excessive OT FOR ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DRIVERS!!!!! Unless the stewards are yellow and refuse to enforce. Ok, so hyena, what specifically could be improved upon in this contract. Mind you, UPS Freight lost money and UPS covered that burden. The only reason UPS picked up freight was to compete in the industry. But we don't talk about that!!!

RealPerson

The fact that we are $20 higher than a FedEx worker. Job security. PTs being the highest paid in the industry. PT healthcare. Relief of excessive OT FOR ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DRIVERS!!!!! Unless the stewards are yellow and refuse to enforce. Ok, so hyena, what specifically could be improved upon in this contract. Mind you, UPS Freight lost money and UPS covered that burden. The only reason UPS picked up freight was to compete in the industry. But we don't talk about that!!!

My last neighbor worked for FedX, they do HALF or even less the amount of work. A junior 2 years classmate delivers for FedX, he went to work for 4 days as an off the street driver for UPS, LOL he is back to his route at FedX.

stink219

My last neighbor worked for FedX, they do HALF or even less the amount of work. A junior 2 years classmate delivers for FedX, he went to work for 4 days as an off the street driver for UPS, LOL he is back to his route at FedX... Stuff it!
What does that have to do with the price of tea in china? My neighbor worked for UPS for a day and quit and now he says home and drinks and can't pay for shyt! .

Newfire

Has anyone seen the Maximum Medical Improvement addition to Article 3 section 3 (e). If an employee reaches maximum medical improvement for an ON or OFF job injury or illness his/her seniority shall be considered broken and they will be terminated. Hope no one ever gets seriously hurt on or off the job or gets sick with cancer or another disease that takes a long time to heal from because you will be fired if you reach MMI. How could anyone in their right mind vote yes for this contract and no more UPS health benefit's WOW we are being sold down the river folks.

RealPerson

Has anyone seen the Maximum Medical Improvement addition to Article 3 section 3 (e). If an employee reaches maximum medical improvement for an ON or OFF job injury or illness his/her seniority shall be considered broken and they will be terminated. Hope no one ever gets seriously hurt on or off the job or gets sick with cancer or another disease that takes a long time to heal from because you will be fired if you reach MMI. How could anyone in their right mind vote yes for this contract and no more UPS health benefit's WOW we are being sold down the river folks.

So say you have back surgery, and you are now considered 15% disabled, by the evaluation people. Looks like it is a way to get rid of you...

over9five

Staff member

?????
sig_2022.jpg

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Let me ask you this, If someone has a grievance in your building, what happens? Is Hoffa expected to come down to deal with that? WE deal with contract issues everyday. The enforcement doesn't start at the top buddy, it starts with the employees. The fact is, as a steward, I've looked at every aspect of these changes over and over that effect my people I look after. I'm there for their protection. I like this TA because of the changes in language. 9.5 will be a cake walk in our building (even for PT casuals), harassment is already being handled in our building by increased intensity of the grievance process, article 6 was clarified by one word, intentional, guys on TAW will make their full rate, a few others that I'm too tired to remember, plus the wages and H&W and pension contributions will bump us up $25,000.
You said the leadership is out for personal gain?It would be more believable had our wages been higher. If I were to fleece workers, I'd focus on wages since our dues is related to that. As far as the language, Hyena, didn't I PM you on contract language already? I'm still waiting for what would be a satisfactory contract for everyone? Some please post it.
Here is a contract I would vote for:
#1 Cost of living raises.
#2 Same, or improved health care plan for all employees.
#3 Still a 3 year wage progression for part timers going into full time ranks.
#4 Get rid of the 3 years off on injury-you are fired crap.
#5 Better 9.5 language.
#6 Sure post packages maximum weight limit 5lbs.
#7 Can not use telematics for anything that can punish a driver.

I know I am probably forgeting some things, but this is a good start. And my contract would not hurt the profitablility of UPS down the road.
So tell me stink, what is so bad with what I am asking for?

Newfire

Interesting info. can be found on teamsters89.com it's a site for local 89 which is KY worldport hub check it out!! Maybe a work stoppage at the airport would get some attention, probably only take about 10 minutes of the belt being off and this contract proposal would be in the trash can where it BELONGS!!!!

RealPerson

Interesting info. can be found on teamsters89.com it's a site for local 89 which is KY worldport hub check it out!! Maybe a work stoppage at the airport would get some attention, probably only take about 10 minutes of the belt being off and this contract proposal would be in the trash can where it BELONGS!!!!

What you are calling for is grounds for termination.

Just Vote NO, get others to vote.

RealPerson

Here is a contract I would vote for:
#1 Cost of living raises.
#2 Same, or improved health care plan for all employees.
#3 Still a 3 year wage progression for part timers going into full time ranks.
#4 Get rid of the 3 years off on injury-you are fired crap.
#5 Better 9.5 language.
#6 Sure post packages maximum weight limit 5lbs.
#7 Can not use telematics for anything that can punish a driver.

I know I am probably forgeting some things, but this is a good start. And my contract would not hurt the profitablility of UPS down the road.
So tell me stink, what is so bad with what I am asking for?

#1 They have COLA, but the formula sucks.
#1a No Split Raises
#1b Starting wages of at least $12/$14
#8 Catch up raises between Partime and FT -- (If you have been PT for 10+ years, you obviously are not wanting to go FT, and thus plan to retire from UPS as PT) Just because I go FT, the amount of work I do for Half the time, is still the same with just lower pay. Infact for the second half of the day, the 22.3's are not alowwed to move boxes for the second part of the FT job, as it is to much work!!!!
#9 Better 22.3 language
#10 Harassment on all levels
#11 I want my Damn Turkey Back, LOL It kinda showed that UPS cared some.. LOL

Newfire

Grounds for termination? How about new contract language that states if you reach Maximum Medical Improvement for on or off job injury or illness your seniority will be considered broken so you can then be terminated. See article 3 section 3 part (e). I am voting NO and I hope anyone with half a backbone is voting NO. We'll pay our CEO 4000 thousand dollars an hour but we wont pay our 35 year retirees 4000 a month. Just think and never even had our 401k matched not even 1 penny.