Contract leader O'brien

Peak Cardboard

This is an old membership meeting tactic, whereas the chair hoping to avoid discussing the topic on the floor, suggests that we finish the discussion "upstairs, after the meeting".

This being an open Internet forum, I would think "blowhardedness" would be encouraged?

I purpose we keep it "open and honest" here in this thread and venture to ascertain if I am alone in my memories of the past, or has the majority "moved on"?
Fire away then-lay it on me. Let's move forward together brother. From my first post I wanted to encourage solidarity and giving O a chance because I've met him and heard him speak and to quote others-he legit is like Hoffa Sr. reincarnated. So what were the issues and how can they be fixed?

Peak Cardboard

I wonder if the old guard had not won the election. If all the H supporters would be trying so hard to make nice

Just a thought
I personally would be open about it-because I want OUR union to present a strong unified front to UPS who likely will try to divide and conquer like Scott Walker in WI (AND more importantly-since the election many other companies who feel emboldened by the political climate to push us around) All of you at UPS imo really do represent the most public facing/easily recognizable division of OUR
Brotherhood and I for one want US ALL to succeed TOGETHER. (But then again I'm a young buck and an idealist/dreamer of a trade unionist)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Fire away then-lay it on me. Let's move forward together brother. From my first post I wanted to encourage solidarity and giving O a chance because I've met him and heard him speak and to quote others-he legit is like Hoffa Sr. reincarnated. So what were the issues and how can they be fixed?
I will be all ears, all the time, looking for the whole truth and transparency, with the expectation that my vote will count.

Btw, your first posts may have been righteous, but your days work was spent going overboard on Little Jumbo.

hyena

I will be all ears, all the time, looking for the whole truth and transparency, with the expectation that my vote will count.

Btw, your first posts may have been righteous, but your days work was spent going overboard on Little Jumbo.
You gotta have faith brother.

Peak Cardboard

All of at you UPS imo

So you really don't have a dog in this fight?
My "dog" is the union and my brothers and sisters-I'll be one of the ones standing out in the cold/heat/rain etc. with you (IF lord forbid it gets to that.) My middle name should be solidarity ;-p
Never let a brother down.
And to quote O:

"don't give up on us and we won't give up on you"

We're all in this fight together. What with the political climate, scary potential for RTW(FL) nationwide (uggghhh I HATE IT) and companies testing the water in trying to push members and unions around.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
My dog is the union itself brother-I'll be one of the ones standing out in the cold/heat/rain etc. IF it gets to that. My middle name should be solidarity

So, your what a paid consultant a cheerleader what iam not trying to disrespect you. Just trying to understand why if your not a UPS employee why are you here

Peak Cardboard

So, your what a paid consultant a cheerleader what iam not trying to disrespect you. Just trying to understand why if your not a UPS employee why are you here
I was directed here by my UNION BROTHERS at UPS who
A. got me involved in becoming a proper trade unionist
B. Keep trying to get me to go to UPS And
C. suggested I take a look at some of the disunity/ridiculousness here to realize that it's not all sunshine and roses. If you want to pay me, I'll GLADLY have you mail a check or case of beer. Other than that-I just want a successful, solidarity filled contract period. I suppose I could say-as goes UPS so go the Teamsters. So THAT is why it matters to me. I'm a hardcore union nut-love a brother or hate a brother-we're in this together. If :censored2: goes haywire at UPS-what's to say my barn won't be next??
(I try not to hate if it's humanly possible)

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
C. suggested I take a look at some of the disunity/ridiculousness here to realize that it's not all sunshine and roses. If you want to pay me, I'll GLADLY have you mail a check or case of beer. Other than that-I just want a successful, solidarity filled contract period. I suppose I could say-as goes UPS so go the Teamsters. So THAT is why it matters to me. I'm a hardcore union nut-love a brother or hate a brother-we're in this together. If :censored2: goes haywire at UPS-what's to say my barn won't be next??

Ohh-k

I guess

anHOURover

You have no business here.
Make sure you know the facts about this last contract at ups.
A union never stole members votes and imposed a contract.
Take these facts back you your "barn"
The IBT needs a makeover.
I'm planning another rally in D.C.

anHOURover

My "dog" is the union and my brothers and sisters-I'll be one of the ones standing out in the cold/heat/rain etc. with you (IF lord forbid it gets to that.) My middle name should be solidarity ;-p
Never let a brother down.
And to quote O:

"don't give up on us and we won't give up on you"

We're all in this fight together. What with the political climate, scary potential for RTW(FL) nationwide (uggghhh I HATE IT) and companies testing the water in trying to push members and unions around.
O is the Boston bully who has a lot of members pissed in my local.
Make sure he knows that and is prepared for battle in 623

anHOURover

M

Brother can I have what you are smoking?
You are calling the Boston bully the rebirth of Hoffa sr? Would sr ever support taking members votes away and imposing a contract? That's what the Boston bully did
He's no leader
FACT