Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last time they wanted all supplements done by the end of the year. The NNC started meeting in early 2013 and had a T/A by the end of April.
I'd imagine a similar timeline would be in place.
I thought after the last contract barely passing they'd give themselves more time.

dudebro

When I started, one sup had to be there until the last git punched out. It have them second thoughts about shoving your route up your ass.

The old days weren't so full of glory. I saw plenty of centers where the standing order was "last driver in the group rings my home phone twice, then hangs up and punches out." That way the sup knew everyone was in...

10 Pt

I noticed the thread was getting derailed so I had to add my own chaos to it. Besides everyone loves the Kermit gif. And dont forget to blame @10 Pt he was encourageing me Lmao.Yes this has been a very useful thread though and I would like to know more of @BigUnionGuy s proposals as well.
Bringing reproach on another brother?
Laughing like a hyena.
Don't make the powers that be angry.:furious:

@BigUnionGuy, let's get the IBT up to speed with a Proposal Site that breaks down the riders, regions and national master areas and if there's not enough man power to man it in one location they could appoint members from prominent locals in each area to oversee the collection of info from their area.

That would get more people involved at face level...member to member.
Volunteers would surface. Strength and solidarity would precipitate.

dudebro

I'm sure you're talking about drivers, but that's something I have an issue with too. During peak, they were giving new hires $250/week just to show up every day, on time. Before peak it was $70, and bumped up to $150.

For almost half of last year, each of my paychecks could have been as much as $70 or $150 larger than they were for doing the same work, for being on time, for not calling in, than they actually were.

I don't wanna see this crap anymore. Trouble hiring people and getting them to stay? Raise the :censored2: starting rate.

The contract doesn't allow one area to be treated differently than other as it is now, so "attendance bonuses" in those areas where the starting rate is inadequate is probably a loophole...
You wouldn't raise the rate nationwide if your issue was only in certain metro areas.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
[QUO

TE="Brownslave688, post: 2673440, member: 34439"]I thought after the last contract barely passing they'd give themselves more time.[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling UPS is confident the contract will pass. So far nothing from the union. Which we are getting accustom too. We only find out what's in the contract when we receive it in the mail to vote on it. I will vote NO again

[QUO

TE="Brownslave688, post: 2673440, member: 34439"]I thought after the last contract barely passing they'd give themselves more time.

I'm feeling UPS is confident the contract will pass. So far nothing from the union. Which we are getting accustom too. We only find out what's in the contract when we receive it in the mail to vote on it. I will vote NO again[/QUOTE]
Amen

Brownslave688

I'm feeling UPS is confident the contract will pass. So far nothing from the union. Which we are getting accustom too. We only find out what's in the contract when we receive it in the mail to vote on it. I will vote NO again
I am not confident at all that this contract will pass.

Is ups confident it will pass or just confident there's no way the union will try to strike?

dudebro

No match at all.

The company puts like $400 a week into our pension fund.

I'll give them a 25% break for me having control of my money. Put $300 a week into my 401k.

A 6% match is letting them off stupid cheap.

Think about that. $400 / week = $1720 a month. $1720 a month into a retirement account at 7% grows to $2.1 million dollars in just 30 years. At 4% growth, you could then withdraw $10,000 per month for 30 years before you ran out.

3 done 3 to go

I am not confident at all that this contract will pass.

Is ups confident it will pass or just confident there's no way the union will try to strike?

I think both. Especially the union wont strike. Without UPS there would be no union. They will do whatever to try to keep the money to keep afloat. Our local was one of the best in the country 20 yrs ago. Now they are the 1st in the nation to accept the garbage we got.

Brownslave688

Think about that. $400 / week = $1720 a month. $1720 a month into a retirement account at 7% grows to $2.1 million dollars in just 30 years. At 4% growth, you could then withdraw $10,000 per month for 30 years before you ran out.
Instead I'll get a $3500 pension if I'm lucky

dudebro

I mean....it is nothing the Union should be asking for, ever.
I believe forward facing cameras would be good for our drivers. I believe our drivers are good enough that these would exonerate them in most accidents, for example.

I can definitely imagine the rank and file being AGAINST inward facing cameras.

3 done 3 to go

I bel.ieve forward facing cameras would be good for our drivers. I believe our drivers are good enough that these would exonerate them in most accidents, for example.

I can definitely imagine the rank and file being AGAINST inward facing cameras.

Hell NO! Some place to wipe boogers

Status
Not open for further replies.