Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have never been in management and I am not yet vested. I understand that under the current formula, UPS is responsible for my pension. I also understand that UPS has paid a large amount of money to buy themselves out of Central States and I also see that Central States is not going to be able to pay out their obligations over the long term.

There will be a point where UPS says, "Eff this, we are done with pensions, they are too expensive." and my bet is that that happens before it is my time to collect.
How long have you been at ups barn???

barnyard

KTM rider
I mean....it is nothing the Union should be asking for, ever.

The tech is there and is being employed on railroads and some OTR trucks. I would suggest if you never want to see it in a brown truck, that language goes in before the company starts installing them and negotiates the language after they are installed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm talking about drivers. Some area's have bonus. Basically if you get done before your planned time you get paid extra.. not a good way to grow jobs.
Very few people even make bonus anymore and in my experience those that do (many,not all...) are manipulating their day to get it....ups wants the appearance of a bonus system but doesn't want drivers to get it.... That is absolutely apparent in the amount of bonus over the years getting smaller and smaller with only a small amount of technology to make the job faster... It's a scam, nothing less nothing more.

Last edited:
Very few people even make bonus anymore and in my experience those that do (many,not all...) are manipulating their day to get it....ups wants the appearance of a bonus system but doesn't want drivers to get it.... That is absolutely apparent in the amount of bonus over the years getting smaller and smaller with only a small amount if technology to make the job faster... It's a scam, nothing less nothing more.
In an extended center it makes good business sense. But the union should never allow it

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My center is a bonus center, and have added double digit drivers the last couple of years. Meanwhile, those who hustle (and that doesn't mean skip lunch or work unsafe) are rewarded for a job well done.

I appreciate the union value of everyone equal, with preference given to those who have lasted the longest. I also appreciate some type of recognition based on merit. Bonus accomplishes this.
Some of the largest routes in my building ( read: heaviest pickups and deliveries) have lost some of the largest amounts of time over the years... These routes have been the hardest and in many cases the biggest bonus routes back in the day.... Not anymore...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You gotta make your stand, been there done that. Do your job the correct way and then tell them to friend O.
And they don't get to come out and find a couple things you "miss" or "method violations " and get to throw the book at you... How many " methods" could a driver do within a day... How many thousands??? You don't get to put me on suspension or try to terminate me for forgetting to grab a friend'ing handrail a couple times.... This needs to stop in the next contract!!

And they don't get to come out and find a couple things you "miss" or "method violations " and get to throw the book at you... How many " methods" could a driver do within a day... How many thousands??? You don't get to put me on suspension or try to terminate me for forgetting to grab a friend'ing handrail a couple times.... This needs to stop in the next contract!!
Absolutely.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have no doubt
i have never heard a driver questioned about something that has happen on road because of info that was recorded on a camera ....I know on other companies rigs if you go over the fog line for a certain amount of seconds it will start recording in case the driver is avoiding something in the road or if they fall asleep... Not sure if ups does this also..

i have never heard a driver questioned about something that has happen on road because of info that was recorded on a camera ....I know on other companies rigs if you go over the fog line for a certain amount of seconds it will start recording in case the driver is avoiding something in the road or if they fall asleep... Not sure if ups does this also..
You never know. Don't forget who we work for.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The tech is there and is being employed on railroads and some OTR trucks. I would suggest if you never want to see it in a brown truck, that language goes in before the company starts installing them and negotiates the language after they are installed.
"The tech" has been here for years, and there is no need for the Union to entertain the notion....ever.
I believe forward facing cameras would be good for our drivers. I believe our drivers are good enough that these would exonerate them in most accidents, for example.
Exonerate us how, in light of the judgement not being based on fault, rather an arbitrary Company determination of "avoid-ability".
They already pick apart and twist every nuance of an accident, based on statements.
Why expand the field voluntarily?

No thanks, no way!!!!

~Bbbl~™

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You never know. Don't forget who we work for.
All I know is we need something big in this contract , like the 9.5 language and 8 hour days... These were two things that were groundbreaking and new and fresh. Even though they wernt perfect and have been tweaked a few times they have made those of use who use them happy to have em. The last few contracts have only had marginal improvements. Last contract in regards to teamcare the Union should have got something big in trade for that...they dropped the ball because they had leverage right there and didn't take full advantage of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.