Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is we need something big in this contract , like the 9.5 language and 8 hour days... These were two things that were groundbreaking and new and fresh. Even though they wernt perfect and have been tweaked a few times they have made those of use who use them happy to have em. The last few contracts have only had marginal improvements. Last contract in regards to teamcare the Union should have got something big in trade for that...they dropped the ball because they had leverage right there and didn't take full advantage of the situation.
No argument from me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
All I know is we need something big in this contract , like the 9.5 language and 8 hour days... These were two things that were groundbreaking and new and fresh. Even though they wernt perfect and have been tweaked a few times they have made those of use who use them happy to have em. The last few contracts have only had marginal improvements. Last contract in regards to teamcare the Union should have got something big in trade for that...they dropped the ball because they had leverage right there and didn't take full advantage of the situation.
That's because the union was drooling over the fact of having control of all that money.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's because the union was drooling over the fact of having control of all that money.
It was needed it for the largest region in the country, the Central Region.
They even saw fit to "re-brand" the C6 Plan in anticipation, to TeamCare eighteen months prior to the proposal.

That was a tell.

Inthegame

It was needed it for the largest region in the country, the Central Region.
Does it ever bother that you have no facts to support your opinions?
TeamCare had 23 months of reserve prior to the UPS infusion. TeamCare has 23 months of reserve today. No conspiracy here, look under a different rock.

10 Pt

TeamCare had 23 months of reserve prior to the UPS infusion. TeamCare has 23 months of reserve today. No conspiracy here, look under a different rock.
Hey partner,
If there were added, let's say, 150,000 more members to TeamCare and the reserves are still parallel to the former balances (in ratio) then what would be the enticing factor for the union to want it except the quantity issue?

They negotiate contribution rates that provide your benefits. They negotiate the terms that provide you with "your" money. You're in charge (or maybe I should say Mrs I've) of your money.
I do not want the union in charge of my pension and health care.
They are not got stewards of my future money

Inthegame

Hey partner,
If there were added, let's say, 150,000 more members to TeamCare and the reserves are still parallel to the former balances (in ratio) then what would be the enticing factor for the union to want it except the quantity issue?
As hard as this seems for readers on these pages to accept, the reason the union exists is to provide a better benefit together than we could get singly. UPS wanted a huge reduction in benefit costs which was untenable to the IBT negotiators. Up stepped TeamCare.
There was no enticing factor other then the mission of the union. With the contributions, comes additional claims. To keep the balance parallel is commendable as H&W costs continue to increase.

10 Pt

As hard as this seems for readers on these pages to accept, the reason the union exists is to provide a better benefit together than we could get singly. UPS wanted a huge reduction in benefit costs which was untenable to the IBT negotiators. Up stepped TeamCare.
There was no enticing factor other then the mission of the union. With the contributions, comes additional claims. To keep the balance parallel is commendable as H&W costs continue to increase.
Got it. No one likes change when they have great benefits but I believe the sales job and the initial statement from Hoffa that it was (at that time) unsustainable didn't help the negative reaction.
Hopefully that lack of communication issue changes this time.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It bothers me deeply, as nobody ever adequately answers the difficult questions.

What were the actuarial projections for C6/TeamCare before UPS bought in?

How much money was "23 months of reserves" in 2013, the same number boasted before the huge infusion in 2014?
How much money is "23 months of reserves" in 2017?

What is done with this "reserve money", how is it invested, and how is the interest redistributed?

hyena

Bringing reproach on another brother?
Laughing like a hyena.
Don't make the powers that be angry.:furious:

@BigUnionGuy, let's get the IBT up to speed with a Proposal Site that breaks down the riders, regions and national master areas and if there's not enough man power to man it in one location they could appoint members from prominent locals in each area to oversee the collection of info from their area.

That would get more people involved at face level...member to member.
Volunteers would surface. Strength and solidarity would precipitate.
Hence the "lmao" and tagging you, I was screwing with you , no need to get angry. I guess I know how you feel snowflake.

km3

The contract doesn't allow one area to be treated differently than other as it is now

Which part says that? Areas are already being treated differently. Where I am, everybody on sunrise gets the $1 raise, regardless of what job they do. @PT Car Washer says that in his local, nobody on sunrise--including actual preloaders--get the raise because they're all "unskilled." That's what UPS says about the jobs here, too, but everybody gets the raise anyway.

So in UPS' eyes, in two locals, all of these employees on the sunrise/preload shift are "unskilled," but in one everybody gets the raise, and in another nobody gets the raise. So UPS already does treat one area differently from another. At this point, what would be the harm in increasing the starting rate in an area struggling to keep people around? Which part of the contract would be violated in doing so, that isn't already being violated?

10 Pt

Hence the "lmao" and tagging you, I was screwing with you , no need to get angry. I guess I know how you feel snowflake.
I'm not angry but evidently someone else didn't like our three late night Kermit posts during an almost three hr period that no one else was posting. Sometimes we just need to laugh and joke for a few minutes. It's just being human.
The first three sentences were posted to you in fun and that's the problem with posts...you can't see the other person's face.

The rest of the post was a serious suggestion about interjecting contract proposals in a way that makes it easier for more people to get involved with their specific contract language. You can enter your suggestions into a data base from your smartphone at any time much like the ERI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.