Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
how about either getting rid of ORION as it is worthless in its present format, or wording in the contract to stop harassment.ORION should be an optional tool, not required but you use it if it works for your route.
Btw:I do not follow ORION at all, and ignore all the whining harassment they throw at me

Inthegame

Yeah, they do. They hire an outside company to administer our healthcare plan but they are in charge of how our money is spent.
Partially you are correct, however Taft Hartley plans are jointly trusteed by equal numbers of union and participating employer representatives, so they check each other. Trustees are bound by fiduciary rules that guide their conduct, in other words they must act in the best interests of the plan, not their employer.
The SPD of your plan, while approved by the trustees, is prepared by professional credentialed H&W Plan administrators, and becomes the "rules" for how any funds are expended. After that process is completed, trustees quarterly meet and make decisions on reserve investment and claim appeals.
In any case, the union treasury receives nothing from H&W or Pension plans.
Trustees are not paid for this service.

Inthegame

It bothers me deeply, as nobody ever adequately answers the difficult questions.
Or maybe the answers are explained adequately but not believed as they run counter to an opinion.
What were the actuarial projections for C6/TeamCare before UPS bought in?
As previously posted, the uncertain claim experience of H&W plans restrict actuarial projections to two maybe three years, certainly nothing like a known quantity of Pension plans.
How much money was "23 months of reserves" in 2013, the same number boasted before the huge infusion in 2014?
How much money is "23 months of reserves" in 2017?
More.
But again, as previously posted, H&W are contributions in, claim payments out propositions. With more participants, contributions are higher as are claims.
What is done with this "reserve money", how is it invested, and how is the interest redistributed?
Normally very conservatively. Interest income becomes additional reserve to be further invested.
Taft Hartley plans are non-profit plans, with very modest administration costs, that are regularly encumbered by lawmakers that are bought and paid for by the for profit insurance industry. To survive and flourish in that environment is challenging.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
how about either getting rid of ORION as it is worthless in its present format, or wording in the contract to stop harassment.ORION should be an optional tool, not required but you use it if it works for your route.
Btw:I do not follow ORION at all, and ignore all the whining harassment they throw at me

I don't see Orion going away, as the company has a right to run their business.

Meaning, if they wanted to go with orange uniforms instead of brown, thats their choice.

But.... incorporating some specific anti-harassment language is a good idea.

-Bug-

* This thread is getting side tracked. Can we at least try.... to stay on topic ? *

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Partially you are correct, however Taft Hartley plans are jointly trusteed by equal numbers of union and participating employer representatives, so they check each other. Trustees are bound by fiduciary rules that guide their conduct, in other words they must act in the best interests of the plan, not their employer.
The SPD of your plan, while approved by the trustees, is prepared by professional credentialed H&W Plan administrators, and becomes the "rules" for how any funds are expended. After that process is completed, trustees quarterly meet and make decisions on reserve investment and claim appeals.

Ours has an 18 month reserve so......

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Or maybe the answers are explained adequately but not believed as they run counter to an opinion.
As previously posted, the uncertain claim experience of H&W plans restrict actuarial projections to two maybe three years, certainly nothing like a known quantity of Pension plans.
More.
But again, as previously posted, H&W are contributions in, claim payments out propositions. With more participants, contributions are higher as are claims.
Normally very conservatively. Interest income becomes additional reserve to be further invested.
Taft Hartley plans are non-profit plans, with very modest administration costs, that are regularly encumbered by lawmakers that are bought and paid for by the for profit insurance industry. To survive and flourish in that environment is challenging.

Derailed!!
FACT

ITG....

Posted FACTS.

Do you have a problem with that ?

-Bug-

anHOURover

ITG....

Posted FACTS.

Do you have a problem with that ?

-Bug-
It's already a done deal. You are insane if you think the Boston bully will produce.
He's already responsible for the low point in teamsters history.
Forcing contracts on members.
YOUR VOTE DOES NOT COUNT
INSANITY. FACT

clean hairy

Reduce the amount each month retirees pay for health insurance.
Negotiate for current employees to have zero deductible for health care.
In 2018 I believe it is 200 for the employee, and 400 for family.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Constructive.... observation.

We need these types of opinions, in this thread.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Constructive.... observation.

We need these types of opinions, in this thread.

-Bug-
Why?.....so they can be disappointed when it doesn't come to fruition?

Because after all, these issues won't be negotiated by the Union with the Company, rather by the members with the Union.

Pandora's Box has been opened and will never be closed.

~Bbbl~™

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've got an idea work as directed make more money and quit thinking.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Meaning, if they wanted to go with orange uniforms instead of brown, thats their choice.
Might as well be orange. Lol
53731402-31e9-4470-9a09-b81123bc39f6_1.19c538d9eef77f37db72b2360ae4ba39.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.