Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yea lets go on strike! Who needs health insurance anyway???!!!! Or a paycheck??!!! All you chat room tough guys are delusional.
Dental and eye once a year is all I use and since peak I've been getting maybe two days a week anyway. I'd be all for it if it meant stopping some bull:censored2: contract from going through.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How about a bonus for sorting the unloaders who keeps a certain percentage flow throughout the shift.
Production bonus?
Lol
You new to unions?
Ain't happening 0% chance.
You must not be in the Central Region?

Article 19, Section 10
There will be no newly implemented incentive plans or bonus plans unless approved by the affected employees and the Union. Current plans will remain in effect unless grieved by the majority of the employees involved and approved by the Joint Area Committee.

My Local not only saw "bonus" eliminated in multiple centers for drivers over the years, through an argues process, only to have it reinstated Local-wide due to a push buy our Local Officers and Agents in the last 6 months.
These guys actually openly petitioned on the shop floor during business hours, for the reinstatement of a Company incentive plan.....

.....sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

I want to say this unequivocally, "bonus programs" are by far the most anti-union initiative that can ever be endorsed by any Local, for any UPSer.

How can a Union claim "we don't acknowledge production standards", while endorsing "bonus programs"?

SMH

Last edited:

10 Pt

Change the termination hearing language to " the company and the local union shall make themselves available within seven days after the company notifies the local union of their intent to terminate a bargaining unit member's employment".
(Any RTW employee will have their local termination hearing at the local union's earliest opportunity...
The same year.)

NXA

I don't know how to word it, but both the union and the employees are being shortchanged by the "regular temporary" category. Maybe it should say that a driver can only be RTD for a single season (or a year?) And they must be FSP the second year, and the first year of service should count in their progression and seniority.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't know how to word it, but both the union and the employees are being shortchanged by the "regular temporary" category. Maybe it should say that a driver can only be RTD for a single season (or a year?) And they must be FSP the second year, and the first year of service should count in their progression and seniority.
Who is going to train all these people?

NXA

Who is going to train all these people?
I don't understand your q. Do you, in your center or building, have a bunch of folks who were seasonal temporary drivers (whatever they call it there), now they work inside part time? hoping for a FSP slot, but come summer they'll go back on the road as RTD, lower pay, no accrued full-time seniority or progression...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't understand your q. Do you, in your center or building, have a bunch of folks who were seasonal temporary drivers (whatever they call it there), now they work inside part time? hoping for a FSP slot, but come summer they'll go back on the road as RTD, lower pay, no accrued full-time seniority or progression...

My preloader is a TCD who has recently started driving on Saturdays. He drove during Peak and will be used to cover vacation and as needed. He is the best loader in the building and it sucks when he is on road but it is about time that he got his chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.