Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyena

#1 ELIMINATE LAZY OLD BUSINESS AGENTS WHO CANT RELATE TO THE RACIAL MAKEUP OF TODAYS TEAMSTERS.
#2 GRIND BUG UP INTO GROUND CHUCK SO HE CANT DAMAGE THE PENSION FUND ANYMORE
Come on brother..can't we have just one thread, that's not Teamster vs Teamster. what's your proposal?

Last edited:

hyena

This may be a long stretch, but how about some monetary gain for Article 37 grievances instead of the company agreeing to honor it. How about a hour penalty pay? In my opinion this might make them think twice...

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This may be a long stretch, but how about some monetary gain for Article 37 grievances instead of the company agreeing to honor it. How about a hour penalty pay? In my opinion this might make them think twice...
H, what part are you referring to?

Duckwithapipboy

Sure would be nice if we could get our one that the contract already "guarantees."

So since it was brought up, I do have another proposed change: Language covering breaks should explicitly state that breaks are to be given as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and shall not under any circumstances be given at the end of a shift when an employee is finished working altogether.

Yeah, that's been pissing me off lately. Hub start would be at 17:20 and they wouldn't call break until 20:45/21:00, with downtime at 21:45.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Central. My coworkers are the ones not getting their breaks. I make sure I get mine. For some reason, they don't file when they don't get one. If everybody in my area filed for not getting a break, the problem would be fixed in a matter of days. It never gets resolved because only one person gives them a headache about it (me).

How many of those same people do not demand their guarantee and are more than happy to leave early when asked?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sure would be nice if we could get our one that the contract already "guarantees."

So since it was brought up, I do have another proposed change: Language covering breaks should explicitly state that breaks are to be given as close to the middle of the shift as possible, and shall not under any circumstances be given at the end of a shift when an employee is finished working altogether.

Read your supplement----I will bet that the language you are requesting is already in there.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

What supplement are you under?

dudebro

No thanks. I'll take the hour thanks. 60 routes in my center, at -.50 for lunch, that's 30 hours. You just cut almost 4 routes for that idea. Nooooo thank you!

No, he means you still get the hour total. You just get paid for half of it. So 9 hour paid days where you work from 9a-7p become 9.5 hour paid days when you work 9a-7p.

Cornbread

I have absolutely no clue what to put here
Part time starting at $13/hr ending in progression at 16.75 + contractual raises after progression
Extra 15-30min for part time guarantee
Keep 4 year progression for full timers but with better raises instead of huge jump 3rd to 4th year.
Extra 15-30min for air guarantee
If the company wants to take away black Friday as a holiday than we should get our birthday as a paid day off.
Strengthen pensions
401K company match at least 2-3%
Tougher language on subcontractors
Better language on technology/discipline
Retirees given a col adjustment
Health insurance for part times reduced to st least 6 months for themselves and 1 year for dependants
More 22.3 jobs
Institute for feeder cover drivers a on call payout that's 1/4 your daily guarantee at 1/2 your current rate for days that you wait for the phone to ring and you don't get any work

Just a few ideas I had floating around in my mind.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

National transfer policy, beyond education and hardship.

Ability for FT to go back to PT.

Ability to break up vacation and sick into HOURS, as they are indicated on the checks.

Language for creation of local supplement Q-lists, reducing need for outside hires.

National language opening up CDL jobs to PTmers who have or are willing to get their CDL.

With national transfer policy:

1.Can only transfer into a place that has a need.

2.If request transfer, someone must be willing to transfer in to fill vacancy. In Post Office, one can only transfer somewhere where someone else wants to travel to their location. Can be expanded here to if anyone fromay around country wants to transfer into that location it will satisfy, and may include promotions from within. So, if you want to transfer out of Timbuktu, and there isn't someone wanting to transfer into Timbuktu, national search could be initiated through locals.

3.Hubs with a large supply of potential workers to choose from may be exempted from having to fill hole, so if I am a preloader in NYC wishing to transfer to VA Beach, given the ready supply of preloadersome in that area, my position may not need to be filled for me to transfer out.

4.Will start out in bottom of seniority list transferring into, FT or PT. No dovetail. Consider starting at the bottom helping to defray costs involved with allowing transfer to happen in first place. However, keep company time, spot in wage progression, etc.

hyena

Part time starting at $13/hr ending in progression at 16.75 + contractual raises after progression
Extra 15-30min for part time guarantee
Keep 4 year progression for full timers but with better raises instead of huge jump 3rd to 4th year.
Extra 15-30min for air guarantee
If the company wants to take away black Friday as a holiday than we should get our birthday as a paid day off.
Strengthen pensions
401K company match at least 2-3%
Tougher language on subcontractors
Better language on technology/discipline
Retirees given a col adjustment
Health insurance for part times reduced to st least 6 months for themselves and 1 year for dependants
More 22.3 jobs
Institute for feeder cover drivers a on call payout that's 1/4 your daily guarantee at 1/2 your current rate for days that you wait for the phone to ring and you don't get any work

Just a few ideas I had floating around in my mind.
If the company takes Black Friday away I say we get three additional option days.

Status
Not open for further replies.