Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

km3

Extra 15-30min for part time guarantee

As a part-timer, I'm not so sure about this. I think if we add too much to the guarantee, UPS might try to argue that overtime should be moved to after 6 hours instead of after 5. I wouldn't like that at all. OT after 5 is just perfect, imho.

Cornbread

I have absolutely no clue what to put here
As a part-timer, I'm not so sure about this. I think if we add too much to the guarantee, UPS might try to argue that overtime should be moved to after 6 hours instead of after 5. I wouldn't like that at all. OT after 5 is just perfect, imho.

I come from a small hub,I'm not sure what building you're in but overtime isn't as frequent here as it may be some where else is why I suggest more time to the guarantee.everything has a trade off unfortunately. What may benefit one group might not benefit another. Maybe it could be something to be negotied in area supplements.

Cornbread

I have absolutely no clue what to put here
If the company takes Black Friday away I say we get three additional option days.
3 additional days probably wouldn't happen if they did go after it the trade off would be for just another day. But Hell it would be nice to have 3 more days!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Does anyone find it obscure the the TU movement going forward is to VOTE NO on any UPS Contract? It's was stated on the big teleconference today. I find this act to be treasonous to our union. Oh and don't forget to donate! They are collecting already for the next election. Some people are just dumb.

Last edited:

rudy5150

$2 raise for all part timers..... $1 for full timers. 1$ raise for both every august 1st...no more split raises! No health care concessions!

hyena

3 additional days probably wouldn't happen if they did go after it the trade off would be for just another day. But Hell it would be nice to have 3 more days!
We start with 5 then. If they take Black Friday we get a minimum of 2 additional option days.

ManInBrown

I'd love to see a mechanism put on the truck, where when you're on lunch it locks the bulkhead door. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing a runner gunner spend his or her entire lunch in the back setting the truck up stop for stop. SMH

I know whatever floats your boat blah blah blah. That just really chaps my :censored3:

'Lord Brown's bidding'

It does not take an hour to sort a truck. Also, personal gear is stored in the truck. So, if I put I'm lunch in the board before I get my stuff out of the back, now I'm stuck?

ManInBrown

It does not take an hour to sort a truck. Also, personal gear is stored in the truck. So, if I put I'm lunch in the board before I get my stuff out of the back, now I'm stuck?
I don't mean the minute break starts. There would time to get something out of back. NO ONE should be spending 10 seconds in the back on meal touching a single package. And I've seen drivers spend the entire 60 minutes in the back touching every package and setting the load up stop for stop. It's BS. No one should be giving the company a millisecond of free labor.

There is a driver that was parked where I take my lunch one day. I went inside to get my food, and decided to eat outside to see how long this driver stayed in the back of the truck. It was the entire meal. Pissed me off to no end

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't mean the minute break starts. There would time to get something out of back. NO ONE should be spending 10 seconds in the back on meal touching a single package. And I've seen drivers spend the entire 60 minutes in the back touching every package and setting the load up stop for stop. It's BS. No one should be giving the company a millisecond of free labor.

There is a driver that was parked where I take my lunch one day. I went inside to get my food, and decided to eat outside to see how long this driver stayed in the back of the truck. It was the entire meal. :censored2: me off to no end

Why should/would that bother you/be any of your concern?

Did he at least have both doors open?

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Funniest damn thread in years.....
when its all said and done and our great leaders give back even more and weakens language I will come back and reread this for a full belly laugh.

10 Pt

He has the right to spend his meal break doing anything other than delivering packages.

Do I think it should be spent sorting the car? No but that doesn't mean that someone else does.
We had a driver take off to get a knee replacement. Another runner gunner who sorts on his 30 min lunch ran (blazed) his route for the several months the older driver was off and since he ran it 30-60 min faster than the bid driver did the management took that time allowance away from the route.
The bid driver came back and not only got more work piled on him he got his spohr allowance jacked up and therefore got picked on for being less productive than the other driver who spent his lunch setting up his truck to get off early every day.

Yeah, I know "age and physical condition", we don't acknowledge their standards, all of that. But to oblivious management reading the racing reports it puts a bull's-eye on his back. They don't care if he had major joint replacement.

P.S. He's working off the clock. Ever do that yourself?

Thekid25

part time employees should be given a four hour minimum daily guarantee seeing how the personal and sick days are paid at four hours

km3

He has the right to spend his meal break doing anything other than delivering packages.

Do I think it should be spent sorting the car? No but that doesn't mean that someone else does.

The need to sort the car during a break wouldn't even exist if management did their job and a) Made sure preloaders load the packages on the right car, in the right spot, even if it means hiring more preloaders and reducing the worker/car ratio from 1:5 to 1:3, and b) Stopped trying to squeeze as many stops out of every single route that they can, such that it no longer remains possible to ensure packages are where they're supposed to be even if the preloader has all the time in the world. You can only fit so many boxes on the 6000 shelf.

LeadBelly

Banned
Getting rid of 17 i or clearly defined cardinal offenses spelled out in the contract.

Harassment language with monetary grievance settlement for proven harassment.

Following drivers needs to be limited

Method infractions as a form of harassment grieved need to heard within a defined time.

All article 37 grievances need to be heard in a minimum amount of time.

Innocent until proven language needs to be defined where members do not lose wages or benefits until the grievance is upheld for article 17 infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.