Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A cell phone has become a necessary evil of the job so a 12v plug in all package cars. Opt out of 9.5 list not in.
This post makes me want to cry....

....right after I'm indicted for choking out the OP???

I bet he's willing to bring his own cell phone charger to work, so he can call his wife during his last break, letting her know he'll be late again.
SMH

~Bbbl~™

AlphaMikeBravo

Part time to full time transfer driver qualification: If a part time to full time transfer gets disqualified, it has to be a unanimous decision by both center manager and Shop Steward. If, after packet review, Shop Steward finds the disqualification unfair, the part time to full time transfer gets another shot at running 30 days.

I've seen too many part time teamster bros get screwed over because they were improperly trained. We need a measure to take care of fellow teamsters that have paid their dues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

part time employees should be given a four hour minimum daily guarantee seeing how the personal and sick days are paid at four hours

Vacations are paid at a slightly higher rate to account for overtime. Drivers locally get 45 hours for this very reason, which actually gives me a pay raise a I get little to no overtime.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The need to sort the car during a break wouldn't even exist if management did their job and a) Made sure preloaders load the packages on the right car, in the right spot, even if it means hiring more preloaders and reducing the worker/car ratio from 1:5 to 1:3, and b) Stopped trying to squeeze as many stops out of every single route that they can, such that it no longer remains possible to ensure packages are where they're supposed to be even if the preloader has all the time in the world. You can only fit so many boxes on the 6000 shelf.

1. There is no need to sort.

2. Are we to fault the company for trying to maximize efficiency wherever possible?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I bet he's willing to bring his own cell phone charger to work, so he can call his wife during his last break, letting her know he'll be late again.
SMH

~Bbbl~™

I use my personal cell phone for work when it benefits me.

LeadBelly

Banned
IMG_4473.JPG

SMH

~Bbbl~™
I bring my battery

LeadBelly

Banned
Part time to full time transfer driver qualification: If a part time to full time transfer gets disqualified, it has to be a unanimous decision by both center manager and Shop Steward. If, after packet review, Shop Steward finds the disqualification unfair, the part time to full time transfer gets another shot at running 30 days.

I've seen too many part time teamster bros get screwed over because they were improperly trained. We need a measure to take care of fellow teamsters that have paid their dues.
A steward can't bring reproach upon another member. So that's out.

10 Pt

A fair and unbiased review of a qualifying driver's performance would be reproach?
Yes. He's not management and should have no part in disqualifying another member. That's why the safety committee cannot rule an accident to be avoidable or any other disposition anymore involving something detrimental to another member's welfare or job.
Simply put, it's not your job to be management.

LeadBelly

Banned
Yes. He's not management and should have no part in disqualifying another member. That's why the safety committee cannot rule an accident to be avoidable or any other disposition anymore involving something detrimental to another member's welfare or job.
Simply put, it's not your job to be management.
Agree

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A fair and unbiased review of a qualifying driver's performance would be reproach?

Absolutely.

It's not within a Stewards "scope of position", to pass judgement on another member.

If the company decides the driver didn't meet their qualification standards, it's up to them

to DQ the driver. The driver can then file a grievance to protest the decision.

I've seen more than one driver, get a shot at re-attempting to qualify.

Either by an extension of the qualification period, or a new 30 day period.

Some training routes have such bad time studies, they can't be scratched by anyone.

Usually it gets ditched as a training route when no one can qualify on it.

I'm seeing some constructive ideas for proposals.

Keep em' coming !

-Bug-

LeadBelly

Banned
Absolutely.

It's not within a Stewards "scope of position", to pass judgement on another member.

If the company decides the driver didn't meet their qualification standards, it's up to them

Some training routes have such bad time studies, they can't be scratched by anyone.

Keep em' coming !

-Bug-
Bravo on the good positive thread BUG.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Absolutely.

Keep em' coming !

-Bug-
A lot of PTers and air drivers in my building are looking for an increase guaranteed hours. Also, air drivers "chasing missed" from drivers instead of Sup's.

Status
Not open for further replies.