Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

MostHelpNeeded

5 at 15
6 at 20
7 at 25 cap.

These things should be negotiated in the Master. If They're willing to do it somewhere, they're willing to do it all. Sick/optional and vaca for every supplement should all be looked at, the best chosen and instated across the board.

10 Pt

These things should be negotiated in the Master. If They're willing to do it somewhere, they're willing to do it all. Sick/optional and vaca for every supplement should all be looked at, the best chosen and instated across the board.
Our sick days became our option days.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
1.) Automatic double time after 9 / triple time after 9.5 -Reclaim our family time
2.) Keep 4 year progression, but start at 80% of top rate, every year 5% closer
3.) Part time $15/hr start 4 year progression at $2.50 to $25/hr top rate
4.) yearly wage increase 3% of top rate across the board - both PT and FT
5.) All weekend work paid at 1.5X hourly rate - Get that in now before Tues- Sat becomes Wed- Sun
6.) Orion is a tool to help; it is merely a suggestion; a guide. Nothing more.
7.) Company provides all cotton Uniform apparel including socks, t-shirts and a hooded sweatshirts
8.) Methods are a suggestion for efficiency and safety, not a necessity and not subject to discipline.
9.) Radio with USB charging ports in every package car :)
10.) Unlock DIAD communication between drivers. So much easier to communicate missloads / meets

There's 10 ideas. I'm sure I could come up with more lol
I like it... but I would change 9 and 10 to the following
9. Surepost stops in town that are in town and 1/4 mile away from another surepost stop (and, or) ground,air stop gets kicked back to Ups driver to deliver. Out in the country the proximity will be 1 mile away from another surepost, ground, air stop and we get it back...
10. Some sort of monetary penalty for harassment... getting out of hand.. you get ridden with more than 2 a year (one safety, one ojs only) then your name gets sent to the newly formed "harassment " committee where the union looks into the reasonings an employee is getting harassed and if they find the employee for whatever reason is getting taken advantage of then employee gets 1000 dollars for every form of harassemeng after that ... could be getting rode with, could be taken into the office, etc. obviously, if employee is late and pulled into the office, or has a legitimate customer complaint, or has late air etc. these types of things wouldn't be covered under the 1000 dollar penalty...up to the union and employee to show good judgement ...ALONG WITH THE COMPANY!!!!

And just to expand on #7... would like to see more underarmour or Nike type dry fit materials worked into our uniforms they need an update and would like to see more high viz jackets and vests with goretex.. they want us to be out delivering in the dark and in high traffic yards for feeder we need some high viz gear...the reflective strips they have on the jackets and vests now are unacceptable and usually fall off anyway.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not sure how everyone else's supplement is but we only get one 15min break "mid morning" and we are required to take our lunch before the 6th hour. So I would want new language so we got a "mid evening" break on days we work 10+ hours. There are times when I get extra tired at night or hungry again so a break later on would really help out. So instead of one 15 minute break only a few hours after we start, we could take a 10 minute break in the morning and a 10 minute break in the afternoon/evening.
Unless you already have the language all ft. Employees get 2 10 minute breaks and a additional 10 minute break after 10 working hours(not including lunch)... all part time employees get a 15 minute break and an additional 10 minute break after 5 hours ....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Unless you already have the language all ft. Employees get 2 10 minute breaks and a additional 10 minute break after 10 working hours(not including lunch)... all part time employees get a 15 minute break and an additional 10 minute break after 5 hours ....
I doubt they're going to address things that are currently supplemental issues.

In the Southern FT gets no breaks, PT gets one 10 minute. I've worked 10 hour days during peak with only one 10 minute break when I was part time. It needs to be changed but I don't think it's going to happen on the national level.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I doubt they're going to address things that are currently supplemental issues.

In the Southern FT gets no breaks, PT gets one 10 minute. I've worked 10 hour days during peak with only one 10 minute break when I was part time. It needs to be changed but I don't think it's going to happen on the national level.
Everyone should get breaks... If management can go outside a dozen times a day for smoke breaks we should at the very minimum receive 1 15 minute break....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Everyone should get breaks... If management can go outside a dozen times a day for smoke breaks we should at the very minimum receive 1 15 minute break....
No doubt. I'm just not holding my breath to see them tackle that, they've got a lot on their plate this time around, stuff I would consider more important.

I think we've got a lot of issues that could be brought under the umbrella of more full time jobs. Surepost, overtime language, technology etc. Full time jobs would be my main issue in this contract, and I think that's an easy argument to win with workers and the public if need be.

If you've never seen a RUBIS trailer being unloaded without a worker..... well I'll just say there's a fight coming to defend these jobs, maybe not this time around, but it's inevitable.

rudy5150

How bout bidding rights for part timers? They pay union dues just like full timers but dont get to bid on trucks they want to load or area in warehouse where they want to work. Why do drivers have bidding rights but not part timers?

Rack em

Made the Podium
How bout bidding rights for part timers? They pay union dues just like full timers but dont get to bid on trucks they want to load or area in warehouse where they want to work. Why do drivers have bidding rights but not part timers?
I love this idea! When I was a preloader I was basically in the same position the whole time, but whenever there was a problem I was always reminded that PT don't have bid positions so they could move me where ever they wanted. I know how to play their game so I knew if I sucked at unloading they would move me back eventually. The preloaders now might like to have that extra security knowing they can load the same cars everyday and not have to worry about being moved around all the time.

Also this would benefit the drivers because the bid preloader would know where a certain driver likes certain stops.

I would like to see other pensions secured. After 21 full time years mine has earned 45K or 3750 a month. And is is accruing $2800+ a year. I will give up some of my pension contributions, my 2nd and 3rd 10 min breaks, and my option week (40 hours) vacation. This would add up to about $5000+ a year to give to a flandering pension participant or retiree.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Why do drivers have bidding rights but not part timers?
Because drivers vote and actively participate in the bargaining process at a much higher percentage than part timers do.

Also, try to remember, neither UPS or the Teamsters want part timers to stick around for any significant period of time....

....it costs them money when they do.

Inthegame

Because drivers vote and actively participate in the bargaining process at a much higher percentage than part timers do.

Also, try to remember, neither UPS or the Teamsters want part timers to stick around for any significant period of time....

....it costs them money when they do.
Another conspiracy theory...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Another conspiracy theory...
Not really a "conspiracy???
Just follow the money.

UPS would much rather have the regular turnover in order to control wages, vacations, benefits (none for a year), paid holidays, etc....

....and the IBT more than makes up for the wage/dues differential with the constant flow of initiation fees collected.

Inthegame

Not really???

UPS would much rather have the regular turnover in order to control wages, vacations, paid holidays, etc....

....and the IBT more than makes up for the wage/dues differential with the constant flow of initiation fees collected.
And you're certain of those findings, Mr Secretary Treasurer?

I know it fits right in with this threads constant suspicion of all things IBT but can you point out the differential on how many pt's pay a full initiation in thirty days vs the dues collected by a local with long term (higher dues paying) pt's?

Of course you can't but that doesn't stop your determined belief in your own fantasies, so carry on.

We wouldn't read these pages if they were filled with boring facts...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And you're certain of those findings, Mr Secretary Treasurer?

I know it fits right in with this threads constant suspicion of all things IBT but can you point out the differential on how many pt's pay a full initiation in thirty days vs the dues collected by a local with long term (higher dues paying) pt's?

Of course you can't but that doesn't stop your determined belief in your own fantasies, so carry on.

We wouldn't read these pages if they were filled with boring facts...
Ok, let's try this?

How about we make a list of all of the contractual enhancements vs the concessions incurred by part timers in the past 40 years?

If this list produces facts that show the Company and Union aren't benefiting, I'll autograph my tinfoil hat and send it to you.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Years ago PT did bid different jobs and different sorts. Now we have a preferred job book but who knows if they follow it or not.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Not really a "conspiracy???
Just follow the money.

UPS would much rather have the regular turnover in order to control wages, vacations, benefits (none for a year), paid holidays, etc....

Since there are way more part timers, if it were the IBT's concern for cash, wouldn't it make more sense to enhance the part time wage?

Status
Not open for further replies.