Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeadBelly

Banned
I just wanna see PT get better wages so the good ones stick around. I can't believe how bad they are underpaid.
I think it will be addressed, but how much do you think is enough, and what do you do with the ones that already work here? Do you think lower raises for the full timers? I'm just bouncing things off you. What do you think.

Rack em

Made the Podium
That's all you want? What do you do at UPS?
I'm a FT driver now, but occasionally get called in to preload because we can't keep them around.
I think it will be addressed, but how much do you think is enough, and what do you do with the ones that already work here? Do you think lower raises for the full timers? I'm just bouncing things off you. What do you think.
Part timers should make $15 at least for what they have to put up with. I think drivers make enough as it is to take a raise reduction in order to have part timers make more. We have one part time employee who has been with the company over 35 years and she doesn't make as much as a driver!

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm a FT driver now, but occasionally get called in to preload because we can't keep them around.

Part timers should make $15 at least for what they have to put up with. I think drivers make enough as it is to take a raise reduction in order to have part timers make more. We have one part time employee who has been with the company over 35 years and she doesn't make as much as a driver!
Thank you for your contribution. She missed the 1982 red circle.

10 Pt

I'm thinking the part time members need to be heavily communicated with by the local and the stewards to mobilize them to vote.
They could sink the contract if they didn't get substantial starting wage increases. They control their own destiny.
There is the ultimate Vote No movement that is effective.

LeadBelly

Banned
I'm thinking the part time members need to be heavily communicated with by the local and the stewards to mobilize them to vote.
They could sink the contract if they didn't get substantial starting wage increases. They control their own destiny.
That's a good point.

10 Pt

That's a good point.
Even if a good percentage of the pt workers are transient they'll surely vote for substantial wage increases if they are encouraged by good stewards.
Look what L407 did to secure better healthcare but it isn't just the monetary and benefit increases that gets people to vote... it's the leaders they work with every day that they respect and so they actually vote when they're told that they can win better.

LeadBelly

Banned
Even if a good percentage of the pt workers are transient they'll surely vote for substantial wage increases if they are encouraged by good stewards.
Look what L407 did to secure better healthcare but it isn't just the monetary and benefit increases that gets people to vote... it's the leaders they work with every day that they respect and so they actually vote when they're told that they can win better.
All good points. 10 you are a good man who makes me want to be the best man I can be. I appreciate you. I am goi g to try and yet reinvent myself some more on here from the over brotherhood fellowship and solidarity I feel with you and others who it was t that way in the past.

Ps sorry I didn't punctuate this post better I'm trying to get better with it.

Solidarity

10 Pt

All good points. 10 you are a good man who makes me want to be the best man I can be. I appreciate you. I am goi g to try and yet reinvent myself some more on here from the over brotherhood fellowship and solidarity I feel with you and others who it was t that way in the past.

Ps sorry I didn't punctuate this post better I'm trying to get better with it.

Solidarity
Spelling bee this isn't. We see your heart and that's all that is important.
We've all tried to evolve over the last four years or more. Going forward is all we have.
Either you're a leader or you're a follower.
Either way we have to look where we're going and remember where we've been.
That will determine the future.

anHOURover

I'm done fighting with my brothers
It's been a sad day.
I keep thinking of a friend of mine in the labor movement. He was on the other side and adored the leaders of the IBT. I got to know him and talked to him often.
Suddenly he went to a Chicago area restaurant and crashed his ex wives hs reunion. To make a long story short 3 people died that day. I constantly think about his poor children who have no parents.
RIP to JAM and the others.
FACT

LeadBelly

Banned
He's a scab troll. Knows everything except how to treat others with the respect he believes that he deserves, unearned.
Do you think if there was actual dialogue between you face to face he would be like that though? I know you and you are an easy guy to talk to. You have perspective. I think we can tend to get a little over the line sometimes. Honestly if you guys met at a McDonald's over coffee it would be quite cordial.

10 Pt

Do you think if there was actual dialogue between you face to face he would be like that though? I know you and you are an easy guy to talk to. You have perspective. I think we can tend to get a little over the line sometimes. Honestly if you guys met at a McDonald's over coffee it would be quite cordial.
Sometimes that works. Ive read too many of his high minded comments on here to think that would fly.
The comment he posted recently about the member whose wife was going through chemotherapy sealed the deal.
I wouldn't meet him to get my own misload.
You don't degrade someone's situation when their wife is possibly dying.
That's a pathetic human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.