Contract proposals for 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

10 Pt

PS/
"Respect is a two way street."
It's so odd that he would quote that when the majority of posters on here can't stand him because of his (continuous) rude comments and overbearing remarks.
Ya get what ya give.

LeadBelly

Banned
Sometimes that works. Ive read too many of his high minded comments on here to think that would fly.
The comment he posted recently about the member whose wife was going through chemotherapy sealed the deal.
I wouldn't meet him to get my own misload.
You don't degrade someone's situation when their wife is possibly dying.
That's a pathetic human being.
You are a good dude, and a man of God. Your faith in God leads me to believe you could do anything. I with I had your faith, says a man who has turned into a man of little faith as of now. Peace brother

10 Pt

You are a good dude, and a man of God. Your faith in God leads me to believe you could do anything. I with I had your faith, says a man who has turned into a man of little faith as of now. Peace brother
You are a true friend.
Have a great night.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm done fighting with my brothers
It's been a sad day.
I keep thinking of a friend of mine in the labor movement. He was on the other side and adored the leaders of the IBT. I got to know him and talked to him often.
Suddenly he went to a Chicago area restaurant and crashed his ex wives hs reunion. To make a long story short 3 people died that day. I constantly think about his poor children who have no parents.
RIP to JAM and the others.
FACT
Do you and menotyou get together and swap redicoulus stories?

LeadBelly

Banned
Do you and menotyou get together and swap redicoulus stories?
I spent a good deal of my childhood with out my father first and my mother for a little while. This lasted 8 years. These 8 years shaped me in a way I can't shake. At fifth-teen I was kicked out of my house. I'll never forget this either, as it's shaped me as well. There are certain Teamsters and an IBT guy or so have become my hand picked father figures.

Kids without parents isn't fair. I'm sorry for your loss.

MostHelpNeeded

I for one will not take a pay cut to raise PT wages. That's a damn good way to screw over the PT's later in life.

Cost of everything goes up. You freeze FT wages, you push us all backwards.

With that said, This 50 cent here, 40 cent here increase has got to go. 3% per year across the board.

Ft progression
Start - 80% Current Full rate
After 1 Year - 85% Current Full rate
After 2 Years - 90% Current Full Rate
After 3 Years - 95% Current Full rate
After 4 Years - Full Rate

PT
$15/hr Start
No Progression. 3% yearly increase

LeadBelly

Banned
I for one will not take a pay cut to raise PT wages. That's a damn good way to screw over the PT's later in life.

With that said, This 50 cent here, 40 cent here increase has got to go. 3% per year across the board.

Ft progression

PT
$15/hr Start
Huh

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Ft progression

PT
$15/hr Start

I have to agree with this position.

Sacrificing full-time wage increases to benefit the part-timers, will never fly.

Every Union member should profit.

If it's at the expense of management salaries and perks.... Oh well.

They live "day to day" at the whim of the company.

-Bug-

rudy5150

I have to agree with this position.

Sacrificing full-time wage increases to benefit the part-timers, will never fly.

Every Union member should profit.

If it's at the expense of management salaries and perks.... Oh well.

They live "day to day" at the whim of the company.

-Bug-
I respect your opinion as long as your not one of those drivers who bitches at his loader daily. You get what you pay for!

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'll take a 5 year wage freeze next contract to increase part time wages.
Why would I want to have a wage freeze ,being a 27+ year employee for them to hire some guy off the street that may stick around for 6 months.I believe less than a year of employment is about all UPS wants to get out of a part-timer anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.