Contract rumor.

saintrick

I think most part timers would have to look for cheaper coverage. UPS will all but eliminate its cost for health coverage for part time.

Last edited:

Notcool

so be it their fools if they dont do just as I am. I work to hard to take it in the rear from ups while they make a ton of money off of pters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think most part timers would have to look for cheaper coverage. UPS will all put eliminate its cost for health coverage for part time.

I don't know but I'm not sure you'd have a choice. I assume the $30,$60,$90 would just be automagically deducted from your weekly paycheck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't know but I'm not sure you'd have a choice. I assume the $30,$60,$90 would just be automagically deducted from your weekly paycheck.

I think you would have a choice. Why force someone who has coverage under their parents/spouse or second job to double up.

Because ups is paying a share for you regardless if you need it or not. If they are paying some you'll be paying some.

saintrick

Because ups is paying a share for you regardless if you need it or not. If they are paying some you'll be paying some.

I guess we would have to see the language, I would hope you could waive coverage. A new hire might bring home $40.00 after insurance, dues, taxes, etc.

balland chain

That 40 bucks is enough though according to UPS.. You don't need food and shelter, just the 40 bucks for gas to get you to work for the next week..

DiligentUPSer

So...part-timers are supposed to pay the same weekly premiums as Full-timers, but have a higher annual out-of-pocket maximum and nearly double the deductible? What? Regardless, the entire proposal is ludicrous and a profound downgrade to what we currently have. Please tell me there's no way this gets passed through.....

kingOFchester

If all that has been said is true. I have lost any respect I had for hall. He clearly stated 0 and also stated he would walk if health wasn't taken off the table. I don't like being toyed with and really don't like being fed bs when I take time out of my day to hear you speak about out future.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
If all that has been said is true. I have lost any respect I had for hall. He clearly stated 0 and also stated he would walk if health wasn't taken off the table. I don't like being toyed with and really don't like being fed bs when I take time out of my day to hear you speak about out future.
hall and the IBT negotiating commitee said to a person " no way" ! The PDF is what the company wants. The union's stance is take the stupid Feb 6th offer of the table by the next meeting or see you in July.We need to stand behind him.

FAVREFAN

No way I'm paying that premium for this garbage coverage.
I'd pay $50 a month gladly and raise my co-pay to $15 for my current single part-time coverage. Maybe even squeeze $75 a month out of me. But this crap coverage for that much money. NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Very important brothers and sisters that you ask for,get,and question the Docs send out from the IBT yesterday. They are full of little suprises the company want's you to pay, like taxes on you health care plan that may be applicable ,10% premium increases per year over the life of the contract, and out of pocket expenses that could be as high as $7500.00 You stewards and BA's were asked to circulate them.

balland chain

When Obama care kicks in, our insurance (crappy central states) premiums will be taxes.. The current rate that UPS pays in for this horrible insurance will be taxes as a Cadillac plan.. Hell I would rather UPS give me what they put in for health care, let me buy the plan, and at least get one that actually covers what my doctor says I need to have done. If I have to pay one cent towards that crappy ass Insurance, I will be out of the damn union. Sick of being sold out....

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
When Obama care kicks in, our insurance (crappy central states) premiums will be taxes.. The current rate that UPS pays in for this horrible insurance will be taxes as a Cadillac plan.. Hell I would rather UPS give me what they put in for health care, let me buy the plan, and at least get one that actually covers what my doctor says I need to have done. If I have to pay one cent towards that crappy ass Insurance, I will be out of the damn union. Sick of being sold out....
Go on line check out the cost you will get crushed. And why should you ? You work for a company that takes your blood and sweat and squeezes you for everything you have . Why shouldn't they pay you and your family's health care ? Do not turn on the union. hall and the negotiating commitee are in there fighting for you. Your job is to tell your fellow teamsters and management that we do not want their Bull S--t offer.

balland chain

UPS puts in somewhere around 250 per week for my crappy insurance.. at a grand a month I should be able to find healthcare that is better than the central states plan. I just wish we had a union, Local, like the ones up north..

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I've heard recently that companies are now beginning programs related to health-care, to save them money. For ex:, if an employee participates in a regular check-up through a company health provider, and is deemed to be 'taking care of themselves', they will save money on their out-of-pocket by $600/year. They'll check weight, blood sugar, blood pressure, etc This is extremely coercive and controlling, but this is the power we've given corporations.

I could see UPS trying this, the control freaks which they are.

rudy5150

What is all this talk for? We arent paying bottomline! Records 5 billion dollar profits and we have to pay i dont think so! Get ready to strike brothers and sisters! If UPS wins this battle we are done!!

InsideUPS

Very important brothers and sisters that you ask for,get,and question the Docs send out from the IBT yesterday. They are full of little suprises the company want's you to pay, like taxes on you health care plan that may be applicable ,10% premium increases per year over the life of the contract, and out of pocket expenses that could be as high as $7500.00 You stewards and BA's were asked to circulate them.

Still looking for mine PT Stewie....