Contract rumor.

John19841

Hey, I'll take you up on that "beachfront house" offer if it's on Lake Rathbun in S.E.Iowa !!!! My wife and I are looking at properties now to retire on. Can you shoot me a better price on this property??

Rathbun Lake Real Estate, Rathbun Lake, Iowa Homes, Rathbun Lake Investment Property - Hometown Realty

Really wish I lived somewhere other than I do. That's what I paid for my house, except mine is a cookie cutter split level built in the 70's, on an 'expansive' half acre lot.

P700slave

Obamacare most certainly does have Everything to do with your healthcare. If you deny that, then you haven't done your homework. You may be an Obama supporter but the fact remains that his healthcare plan is going to drive up all costs and cause much of the private industry in healthcare to go bankrupt. It's simple mathematics. It has nothing to do with politics.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Obamacare most certainly does have Everything to do with your healthcare. If you deny that, then you haven't done your homework. You may be an Obama supporter but the fact remains that his healthcare plan is going to drive up all costs and cause much of the private industry in healthcare to go bankrupt. It's simple mathematics. It has nothing to do with politics.

Every credible study refutes that.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

You obviously haven't done your homework, because Obamacare isn't expected to increase the cost of heath care nor is it expected to bankrupt the private heath care industry. That's total B.S. There's concern that it MAY cost significant taxpayer dollars to fund -- and we really don't know, since it hasn't taken effect -- but the point of Obamacare is to stabilize actual costs being paid out. You do realize that the driving cost behind healthcare is the un/underinsured, and the snowball effect ... e.g. the un/underinsured causes prices to soar -- since those with insurance become responsible for paying (subsidizing) others' delinquent bills -- which in turn causes their health care to go up, which in turn causes their employer to cancel and so on.

Political opinions aside, it's amazing how many within these forums don't realize the health care crisis we're in -- premiums have nearly DOUBLED in the last ten years -- because it's been paid for by UPS, and want to find excuses as to why it shouldn't be any other way. Whether Obamacare ever came into existence or not, there's no way UPS can continue to absorb the increases it has been when its largest competitors pay NOTHING to the crux of their workforce for healthcare (not to mention UPS's workforce is rapidly aging). We should get away with no-cost health care for the next four years, but after that, it's going to cost us.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
...."Obamacare isn't expected to increase the cost of heath care ...."

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're right. Health care costs haven't been rising over the past 30 years. Premiums, on average, haven't doubled over the past decade. Companies haven't been increasingly charging employees for lesser health care options. It's a figment of our imaginations. And if we ignore the problem, it's going to go away. UPS loves us, pays us ~$32/hour + full no-cost health & welfare benefits because it loves us and cares about our well being :grouphug:

moreluck

golden ticket member
What was suppose to cost mid-billions is now past the trillion mark.....someone dropped the ball.

I've been paying rising med ins. costs since 2000 have you ??

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
What was suppose to cost mid-billions is now past the trillion mark.....someone dropped the ball.

I've been paying rising med ins. costs since 2000 have you ??

...and without Obamacare, the increasingly burden of the un/underinsured is expected to well surpass that number. So while Obamacare has a price, its proponents believe that the price will be less costly than the alternative. And you know what? Status quo, you can't prove them wrong.

But I'm tired of the scare tactics the Right keeps imposing; for example, making people believe that we're facing a doctor shortage while simultaneously resisting the rise in nurse practitioners/physician's assistants. It's almost as if they're manufacturing our system so it fails...

InsideUPS

This is not something that is posted anywhere. I know I will get flamed for posting the info. It is from a reliable source. Believe what you want, as this is the internet. But if someone else had this information I would want it posted. THIS IS NOT FACT. But I do have faith in that the information is correct.

UPS wants a 7 year deal
They want NO raises for PT'ers over the life of the contract
They want to eliminate 22.3 jobs when a combo is promoted into feeders/package cars
Earlier health care proposals are still on the table
$1,000 bonus every other year

No need to bash me, I understand that everyone will want proof. But lets at least discuss the rumor.

Just trying to redirect a "hijacked" thread.

Last edited:

Just Lurking

Lets see...

Last August - We are going to get all Wal-Mart starting after Labor Day. Then it was October 1st. After that it was the 1st of the year because they were going to get all of Amazon.com volume starting December 1st.

Its been over 6 months, I still deliver first thing every morning to Wal-Mart. Also, I had some StubHub today.

Maybe we don't need to be intoxicated by the FedEx kook-aid.

yeldarb

I'm not saying its over, but have been around 4 contracts. It is normal to lose volume a contract year, especially if not resolved early. Count on routes getting huge if its not finished soon. FedEx is already going after our accounts.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Any deal without a better than what we have now C.O.L.A will be a a huge pay cut. Hyper inflation is on its way.