correct sheeting procedure

DS

Fenderbender
Ok this has been bugging me awhile now.I`ve asked my sup,the center manager, and fellow drivers the right way to do this.Nobody has given me a good answer.
You get messaged on road the bring a specific pkg to the clerk for an address correction.You have made one attempt
and you know its a good address.How do I sheet it?its not an "other non delivery" drop down reason which will show as missed.its not a future,or a ni2,I`ve been calling it an intercept although I know this is a different service altogether.
Maybe I should ignore it and make a 2nd attempt?
Maybe I should not scan it at all?
Maybe I should stop thinking about ups when I`m home?

over9five

Staff member
"Maybe I should stop thinking about ups when I`m home?"

LOL, then we wouldn't be UPSers, would we?

I give it a second attempt, and then give it to the clerk if I don't get rid of it.
Every package must be sheeted!

upsgrunt

Ok this has been bugging me awhile now.I`ve asked my sup,the center manager, and fellow drivers the right way to do this.Nobody has given me a good answer.
You get messaged on road the bring a specific pkg to the clerk for an address correction.You have made one attempt
and you know its a good address.How do I sheet it?its not an "other non delivery" drop down reason which will show as missed.its not a future,or a ni2,I`ve been calling it an intercept although I know this is a different service altogether.

I get these too! Since there is no "Readd" in the other non delivery options, I always sheet it as "moved" and then write on the package "readd to xxxxxx" before giving it to the clerk. Nobody has ever said that I'm doing it wrong, so that is what I will keep doing.

oldster

DS,

If I understood your description properly, You made an attempt "today" and recorded it as NI or NM. Later in the day you receive a message to bring it to the clerk. Presumeably the customer has asked to have the package re-routed to another address.

You simply give it to the clerk, no further recording is needed. Generally, there would also be a paper DCR on the message board, which you would turn in with the package to the clerk.

DS

Fenderbender
DS,

If I understood your description properly, You made an attempt "today" and recorded it as NI or NM. Later in the day you receive a message to bring it to the clerk. Presumeably the customer has asked to have the package re-routed to another address.

No! I said its the 2nd attempt (next day)and since every pkg
should be scanned how should I scan it.
over9 why 2nd attempt it when you were msgd to bring it
to the clerk?

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You have made one attempt

I'm outta league here but this is what happened to me when I was helping. I was on a route in a college/university neighborhood and we had a bunch of apartments. I had several packages for people that were just not there since they'd gone home for the break. My driver made notes on the package and I think it was something about moved. He'd hand them to a clerk or an OMS at night and we didn't see them again...well, except once and that was an idiot pre-loader's fault. -Rocky

brownman15

i guess it's probably a reroute then if you have sheeted it once on the same day then scan again use duplicate stop so u don't get giged for taking a extra stop then select reroute under other non delivery in our center i think its letter p in other non del

DS

Fenderbender
ok brownman thats the best answer yet
reroute it is from now on until someone
tells me different...
does that show as missed?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You sheet it as a redirect, or reroute, and when you re record it the 2nd time, you must hit the dup key in the floor/room field. and put dcr in remarks column.

DS

Fenderbender
You sheet it as a redirect, or reroute, and when you re record it the 2nd time, you must hit the dup key in the floor/room field. and put dcr in remarks column.
ok you guys are great but its not a dup its a 2nd attempt
thats all,reroute and redirect both work,but whats the right method?
I never hit the dup key...if I go back I take credit

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
So did I DS, so did I.
We had a PCM last week and its a dup unless told by your mgmt team to go back.
If some yahoo on the road cuts you off in traffic, to get his phone, or his xbox, or wii, wii, its a dup.
If you make a 2nd attempt on a life saving medicine, NDA at 5pm, its a dup. If you go back with 20 50 pd pkgs for a cod its a dup. One more way to take away our time, just run a little more to make up for it.
The way it was told to us was, almost verbatim~~~If everyone were honest, this wouldnt be a problem, but wwe have people sheeting things they know are closed and going back later and taking credit again. If you are not on bonus, I dont see the problem other than volume estimates.

But since we are mostly a bunch of liars, we have to do it this way, is how it came across.

iT IS HOW WE CORRECTLY SHOW OUR TIME, But now thats been taken away. Just one more way to throw our best service out the window. I now tell whoever to call and if they tell me to come back, I will If they dont I am not allowed.

helenofcalifornia

We were told that second attempts on NDA's should not be recorded as a "duplicate" stop. They would count as an additional stop. So UPS cares somewhat about service at this level, but special attention to any other level of service is regarded as trivial and warrants no special spot on UPS's radar. (Do I sound jaded and fed up or what?!!. Today was not a good day out on the road!!)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Ya know Helen , you are so right. Whatever happened to uniformity? There should be one question asked on here, and everyone should have the same answer. It is mind boggling. In a company this size, especially.
I think the answer is in INTEGRITY!! And not so much ours (hourly) as the mgmt person you have at any stated moment in history.
I had a rather bad day last week and I called in and told the boss, I had 28 lg pkgs in the a** end, and I had to go get them out early, (no PAS so I didnt have to explain to a computer) I could do nothing out of the back of my 1000 til I did that. Then I found 3 more on the shelf in front, and I said Now I gotta go back as my truck was too stuffed to look there before, and now I get no credit? So he said I could take credit as he "believed" ....... me for another stop.

WEll I bet nothing was ever said to the loader, and it didnt help my atrocious day, nothing would have. But when we are paid the wage we are, we must be somewhat trustworthy.......if we are all so dishonest, why dont they just start a trail and fire us all?

diesel96

ok you guys are great but its not a dup its a 2nd attempt
thats all,reroute and redirect both work,but whats the right method?

Just sheet it up as a reroute and give to clerk in the PM.
There's no redirect key function that I remember?

"I never hit the dup key...if I go back I take credit"

If you've been to one stop already and go back again the same day then I recomend you use the duplicate key...Identicle addresses and identicle bar codes shows up in mngt's descrepencey reports...if a pattern developes without using the duplicate key exists,then integrity is compromised...A fireable offense

DS

Fenderbender
I had a good day on the road yesterday,got rid if 2 excercise machines on 2nd attempts late in the day...I got bored...
only 12 oncalls...I ran perfect scratch too..never seen that
no number under the overunder spot
9:84 planned 9:84 paid

diesel96

We were told that second attempts on NDA's should not be recorded as a "duplicate" stop. They would count as an additional stop.

Helen,in our center,we can not scan the same barcode twice in the same day without using the duplicate key,no exceptions(nda or ground."They" is not with the program.

Nowadays,mgnt wont give credit(use duplicate key) for COD re-attempts either.

upsdude

DS........

I'd go with the "Re route" selection.

"Dup" key..............

Boss man here made it simple. If you scan a barcode a second time (same day) use the dup key. If you're going back to deliver a package brought out to you, it's a new stop.

raceanoncr

Back in the "old days" of paper...just get a bucket of water, a big sponge, a book of stamps.

Proceed to grasp big sponge, dip it into water, apply to back of stamps, paste said stamps to front of parcel, walk to nearest mail box, dump in aforementioned box and walk away.

outamyway

I guess I miss read your post. If you were ODSed about an address correction, how do you know which address it may have been rerouted to?

I thought you ment you were ODSed the correct address. Then the info below would apply.

Sounds like you should just give it to the clerk. There's no reason for you to sheet it up again if there was already an attempt made that day.

Before you scan, manually enter the correct address info into your diad. If you use EDD the old address will come up.

Scan the package. There is an option on the bottom of the screen called EDIT. Select it. Then select the Address Correction choice. While there, enter the bad address that is on the label of the package. You'll be asked if the address above matches the label, Push yes.
Enter the last name of the receiver, and you've just made UPS 10 bucks:thumbup1:

Last edited: