could this be a case of falsification of records

born2Bwild

My friend shipped a package to her fiancee and was signed and received according to the records by her fiancee.The problem is the package is missing and her fiancee was at the time of delivery in different city hundreds of miles away. So... who signed for the package?. The package contains some irreplaceable items like photos, gifts etc. she contacted UPS and filed a claim and the claim is still under investigation. Since his unit is in the gated community and an end unit, I suspect that the driver himself signed for it and left it at front door . I know some bonus drivers in our center do the same and get away with it.
I have withheld detailed information intentionally pending investigation detail

over9five

Staff member
We've had cases where we've gone to deliver something and the homeowner would walk out from behind the house and sign for the package.

Except it wasn't the homeowner. How were we supposed to know?

And why, with absolutely zero proof, are you insinuating that a driver fraudulently signed for that package?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a guy walking down the street suddenly come up on the porch, and say he lived there and signed. This is when you must ask for ID. HA NOT.

tieguy

Banned
I think another possibility is a misdelivery. driver delivers to 324 marne street when its supposed to go to 324 main. If so it will probably pop up in a couple of days.

Dustyroads

If it is a gated community, do you suspect that a neighbor stole the package, or do you think someone scaled the wall, took the package, and scaled the wall to make their escape? Was anything else stolen except the package with the wedding pictures? You know, when thieves make a big haul, they often come back, better hide all of the photos in the place.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Another possibility is that the driver indirected the package and did not indicate a "left at" in the DIAD.

If you inadvertantly key the "stop complete" button prior to keying in the "left at" button, you cannot go back and change it.

The idiots who intentionally disabled the "edit" feature can be thanked for this.

Actually, I think the driver signing for it is not a far out idea.Sure it could have been mis-delivered to the wrong address or a neighbor could have just been in the right place at the right time to falsify a signature. The possibilities are numerous, the fact is none of us know the answer for sure.All we can do is speculate. UPS can determine with a fair approximation where the driver was when the stop complete was done, but even that is not 100%. Give the tracer time to work.

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
My friend shipped a package to her fiancee and was signed and received according to the records by her fiancee.The problem is the package is missing and her fiancee was at the time of delivery in different city hundreds of miles away. So... who signed for the package?. The package contains some irreplaceable items like photos, gifts etc. she contacted UPS and filed a claim and the claim is still under investigation. Since his unit is in the gated community and an end unit, I suspect that the driver himself signed for it and left it at front door . I know some bonus drivers in our center do the same and get away with it.

Is there a management office in the building? If so, you should check there. Could a neighbor of taken it in, since the fiancée is out of town.
The tracer will go back to driver to see if he recalls who he had sign for the package.

pretzel_man

If there was a clarified signature with the fiancee's name on it, then.....

GPS should help with the location.. Information is easily available.

P-Man

pretzel_man

Another possibility is that the driver indirected the package and did not indicate a "left at" in the DIAD.

If you inadvertantly key the "stop complete" button prior to keying in the "left at" button, you cannot go back and change it.

The idiots who intentionally disabled the "edit" feature can be thanked for this.

The "idiots" responded because some Liars misused the feature.

I personally know the situation.

P-Man

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When this happens I either void and redeliver the pkg or I type LA and then the location in the remarks column.

P-man is right--edit was misused--but it was a very convenient feature when used properly.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have to agree with Trp and Dave on this. It is absolutely possible that the driver signed for it and left it. If this is the case then, YES!, it is fasifying records. And yes, we have drivers that have done and (probably) still do it. Even very senior drivers.

There are other possibilities, though, so you shouldn't assume that this is what happened. Let the investigation prove or disprove guilt. That isn't your job, nor is it ours.

pretzel_man

When this happens I either void and redeliver the pkg or I type LA and then the location in the remarks column.

P-man is right--edit was misused--but it was a very convenient feature when used properly.

The story I heard is that the final decision was made by the management committee. Cal Darden, I believe made the decision. Many people argued to leave it alone, but he was tired of hearing about the abuses.....

P-Man

The story I heard is that the final decision was made by the management committee. Cal Darden, I believe made the decision. Many people argued to leave it alone, but he was tired of hearing about the abuses.....

P-Man
Too bad he only heard about the abuses and not the 10, 20, 30 X the abuse number that actually saved the driver the time of having to correct a simple mistake by the process that involves voiding, rescanning , getting a second signature...yadda yadda yadda. That all doesn't even take into account that voids also show up on the reports and can cause an air of mistrust as well.

pretzel_man

Too bad he only heard about the abuses and not the 10, 20, 30 X the abuse number that actually saved the driver the time of having to correct a simple mistake by the process that involves voiding, rescanning , getting a second signature...yadda yadda yadda. That all doesn't even take into account that voids also show up on the reports and can cause an air of mistrust as well.

He did hear about that. When I said that "many argued to leave it alone", that is what I was referring to.

The abuses are apparent to the customer. That's what swayed him.

P-Man

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I think another possibility is a misdelivery. driver delivers to 324 marne street when its supposed to go to 324 main. If so it will probably pop up in a couple of days.

Yea, that's probably it.
Guess it's a plausible coincidence that both men at different, but similar addresses, also had the same name.