could this be a case of falsification of records

He did hear about that. When I said that "many argued to leave it alone", that is what I was referring to.

The abuses are apparent to the customer. That's what swayed him.

P-Man
I can understand that, it's just a pain in the butt to do it as it is, takes too much time.

rod

Retired 22 years
just a bonus driver doing it "the bonus driver way"---------------------------------------and got caught

SWORDFISH

Born2bwild, Have the GPSd the location where he stop completed the package. That would be very helpful info to this post. What do you think? I think what also very well could have happend is the driver could have misread the pkg and went to the wrong address. Then had the resident sign for the pkg w/ out asking the persons last name. As bublehead said the diads are so legible that the driver could have just printed the last name that he saw on the pkg due to not wanting to go back and ask cuz he couldnt read it. So it could be sitting inside that house still w/ a clarified signature of the correct house. I have seen it happen before.

born2Bwild

Ok I have read all of your responses. either way it is on UPS this claim. The recipient CAN prove that he was out of town easily. First: you just don't give the package to the first person walked to you from outside and claim " this is my uncle house can I receive it?" you know to ask for an ID or to open the door with a key. I have done that in the safest neighborhood and was thanked for. Second: if the person who signed the was other than recipient or the Driver, how did he know the name on the package? aaaaaa let me see what is my name? . none of us like the feeling being taken for a ride. Third: miss delivered, if it wrongly labeled by pass it would have been easily traced. I always when delivering and package I greet the customer and say deliver for......? and many time I was corrected.let me add if I may that the fiancee just moved there and the neighbors don't really know him. The only remote possibility that there is that it was miss delivered, but then again how did the neighbors know his name? and his name is not like smith, clark or klein, it is a long one!!

born2Bwild

Born2bwild, Have the GPSd the location where he stop completed the package. That would be very helpful info to this post. What do you think? I think what also very well could have happend is the driver could have misread the pkg and went to the wrong address. Then had the resident sign for the pkg w/ out asking the persons last name. As bublehead said the diads are so legible that the driver could have just printed the last name that he saw on the pkg due to not wanting to go back and ask cuz he couldnt read it. So it could be sitting inside that house still w/ a clarified signature of the correct house. I have seen it happen before.
swordfish I don't want to release any specific info But I will say this it took place in SO Cal

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I still think that this was simply a driver taking a shortcut by signing for and the placing the pkg by the door. It was a gated community and the delivery was to an end unit. He probably thought the consignee was at work and the pkg would be sitting there when he get home.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I still think that this was simply a driver taking a shortcut by signing for and the placing the pkg by the door. It was a gated community and the delivery was to an end unit. He probably thought the consignee was at work and the pkg would be sitting there when he get home.
You're probably right. It may have been that the driver signed for it at the hub and dropped it off on his way home. You know, as a favor to his boss.

SWORDFISH

I still think Im right but the the if they pull up the stop complete of the GPS it will rule my theory in or out very quickly. By what born2bwild responded to what I said it seems I may be right. By the way born2bwild it isnt a method to ask for id or have them open the door to there house if your at their residence. I also have another question. How often do you go somewhere and deliver a signature pkg to a person that is not able to talk to you for one reason or another(maybe they are on the phone, they dont speak your langauge, or you just plain cant understand them)? Say your at the wrong address when this happens and didnt realize it but your board requires you to varify what is signed then what do you do? I can tell you that I have typed in man, woman or the name on the box in these circumstances before. It happens to me mostly when I do a route that I havent done for awhile and I know the person but forgot their name and have already left so I will just type in man or woman.

rod

Retired 22 years
You're probably right. It may have been that the driver signed for it at the hub and dropped it off on his way home. You know, as a favor to his boss.

good burn:happy2:

[video=youtube;cWrj0T0MOMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWrj0T0MOMY[/video]

born2Bwild

By the way born2bwild it isnt a method to ask for id or have them open the door to there house if your at their residence..
I only do that politely when for example someone steps out of the car on the street or coming down from sidewalk or if it was a busy neighborhood with people standing on street or he stops me with his car telling me I missed him. I don't ask if he comes out of the house or from backyard or if I know him etc. I understand that is not the method but some peoples are always looking for way to steal I have to be vigilant

Sorry Swordfish, if we are uncertain of the signers right to the package, it is indeed the proper method to ask for an ID.

B2W, sounds to me you are very cautious when delivering, ti make sure the right people get the right packages.....good job

Red Rose Tea

Chihuahuas Rule!
Ok I have read all of your responses. either way it is on UPS this claim. The recipient CAN prove that he was out of town easily

This isn't a matter of proving anything. This is a routine follow up (tracer). Happens every day, driver may or may not have made a mistake. He will get the follow up, once tracing dept reviews information, and hopefully he can remember the circumstances.
From your above post, seems like this fiancee hopes the pkg is not found. JMO....