Courier Base Rate Step Progression

fdxsux

I'm on my 16th year. I'll be at step 6 after this pay raise. I should end up getting $1.41.
Wow, 20yrs to top out (maybe)........but don't worry, it's a ten year plan. Any newbie that thinks they're going to top out in ten years needs to look at what's being done to those who have already been here that long. It will be no different for them.

Gone fishin

This may be 10 steps, but the only way to top out in 10 years is to freeze top of range. Otherwise if we follow the historical 3% yearly raise, your step chart would need to be recalculated and you would end up with 15-18 years to top out.

This is the same old scam/lie in a new wrapping
From the 9th to 10 th step. You top out whatever it is

Wow, 20yrs to top out (maybe)........but don't worry, it's a ten year plan. Any newbie that thinks they're going to top out in ten years needs to look at what's being done to those who have already been here that long. It will be no different for them.

I can live with that. I feel sorry for the poor guys I work with that are 10-11 year employees. They're eff'd.

adhawk

Anyone else seen this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-02-18-18-20.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-02-18-18-20.png
    516.7 KB · Views: 191

Xenomonk

image.jpeg
Just join and have been following these post. Had to chime in with what I had seen. According to that unofficial chart which seems to be a Market A chart I have created a unofficial B level chart. So with my pay, add 3% that puts in between step 4 and 5 so my pay will be $19.36. I guessing after these raises they will change market level. If so I would assume that I will just be on Step 5 of the Market A chart. Just caught up in this confusing crap now lol.

optikz

According to this market level H, 9M step 10 is $30.62 that is the current top of range.

So it looks like they are either capping top of range at current levels, or there is a step up to new top after step 10.
it says at the top that these are based on 2015 pay ranges. not 2016

vantexan

I dropped from $16.96 to $15.82 going from A to B. If this chart is correct I won't even get my percentage of range back. Apparently there is no more percentage of range, just steps. And apparently they didn't keep any of the old payscales, but created new ones. Should've known better than to think they'd be generous.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Same :censored2:, different wrapper. Looking at the responses I've seen here, most of you are jumping even higher for the carrot.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Most of us have no choice.

Right. But there seems to be a general pattern of thought that this is a sea change...it isn't. What other company takes 10 "steps" to top-out? For that matter, what company takes 10 years to reach the highest wage? None. Zero.

The screwing has just taken a slightly different form. No real change overall.

Schweddy

Balls
hard to see. pretty blurry.

yeah, it's hard to see. Sorry if I'm being a captain obvious, but when you click on it and it comes up in it's own window, just right click and "view image" and then left click on the image when it becomes the + sign.

This is pretty sad.. I know a guy that's been pretty happy about these raises happening.. I'm afraid he's going to be sorely mistaken.

Serf

Not to distract, but I did hear something about Southwest Airlines having a union for the hourlies. A 10 year top out plan from 13$-26$ and a permanent part time work force where everyone gets 30 hrs a week, but not more than. On paper, like communism; it sounds perfect.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I dropped from $16.96 to $15.82 going from A to B. If this chart is correct I won't even get my percentage of range back. Apparently there is no more percentage of range, just steps. And apparently they didn't keep any of the old payscales, but created new ones. Should've known better than to think they'd be generous.

Wow, that sounds fair. As I said earlier, this job deserves a base rate of about $21 per hour, which would need to be notched-up in areas with a high cost of living. You do the exact same job in rural Texas that the San Francisco courier does....no difference. The bottom line is that this type of work (high production, high stress, hard on the body) is worth much more than they are paying.

The tweaking of the market levels will cost them almost nothing in the larger scheme of things, and it perpetuates the basic inequity of the scam. Anyone who thinks FedEx has "seen the light" is delusional. Nothing has changed overall.