10 step pay raises

FedExMan

So below is the list for our current progression. My question is are these steps frozen until you reach them? Example you were put into step 7 at $22.78 and the next step would be step 8 $24.01. Will step 8 still be $24.01 like it was the year before, or will step 8 become go up $24.20?
Couriers who are already topped out will have raises. I'm just wondering if the steps in between will move up yearly too.

Step 10 - 26.29
Step 9 - 25.31
Step 8 - 24.01
Step 7 - 22.78
Step 6 - 21.61
Step 5 - 20.50
Step 4 - 19.45
Step 3 - 18.45
Step 2 - 17.50
Step 1 - 16.60

BootsOnTarmac

I would guess that if the top out pay raises, say 3%, then the rest of the steps will raise the same 3%. What market are you in?

Also - The steps my not be yearly. I have yet to see in writing that you will move up a step every October.

vantexan

I would guess that if the top out pay raises, say 3%, then the rest of the steps will raise the same 3%. What market are you in?

Also - The steps my not be yearly. I have yet to see in writing that you will move up a step every October.
More likely they will be yearly, but FedEx will reserve the right to freeze pay in near disastrous conditions like 2008. I know some want to believe it's all a scam, but they came up with this to keep newhires. Why would newhires want to stay if they can't depend on annual raises?

vantexan

I wondered that myself being that I'm in step 1. $26.29 won't be much in the 10 years from now it would take to reach it.
Took me 14 years after being rehired in '98 to reach $18.17hr. Inflation will eat into that $26.29, but it's a heck of a better deal than what we got. And you should be there in 9 years, you start on step 1 then 9 raises to step 10.

fdxsux

Took me 14 years after being rehired in '98 to reach $18.17hr. Inflation will eat into that $26.29, but it's a heck of a better deal than what we got. And you should be there in 9 years, you start on step 1 then 9 raises to step 10.
You "should" be, but you won't.

zerocool5468

that's sickening and still pitiful compared to UPS and what we deserve.

Meat

I wondered that myself being that I'm in step 1. $26.29 won't be much in the 10 years from now it would take to reach it.

$26.29 an hour (approximately $55,000 per year) won't be much in ten years? Do you realize that half of all the households in the US currently make less than that now? - KERPLUNK!

fedex_rtd

We will find out in just under 4 months, my guy feeling is that you will go up one step, and the steps will also show a small 1 or 2% increase, so overall you will see about a 4% raise, of course that should keep you just about even in the cost of living.

Or they could more likely just freeze the steps as is and just let you advance one step, only people hurt by this would be top of range, and they want them to retire or quit.