Cover drivers for Feeders- Syracuse

SyrSmalls

I've been at UPS for 5 yrs. Just got my CDL A and interested in going to feeders.

As a cover are you still guaranteed your 17.5 hrs a week? And at a bigger facility like Syracuse are you likely to get more hours than that regularly?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Where I'm at, we don't have this ridiculous part-time feeder crap. You're either a full-time feeder driver, or you're laid off. And as such, you are guaranteed 40 hours a week.

budlight

hey friend* face
Have you gone through the school and qualified yet? There's no guarantee here for being a part-timer and on the qualified list here, aside from your p/t guarantee.

What'dyabringmetoday???

You go full feeder or you don't go at all. Case closed.
You should probably have added "where I work" to your statements. Unfortunately, there ARE part-time feeder drivers in Syracuse. Package car drivers as well. They are referred to as "Temporary Part-Time Cover Drivers". Temporary meaning that it happens on a regular basis- hence the two-tier wage Upstate pines about. It already occurs in Upstate NY. They are being allowed to use Article 22.3 employees to shift in the yard as well. Sad state of affairs.

Indecisi0n

You should probably have added "where I work" to your statements. Unfortunately, there ARE part-time feeder drivers in Syracuse. Package car drivers as well. They are referred to as "Temporary Part-Time Cover Drivers". Temporary meaning that it happens on a regular basis- hence the two-tier wage Upstate pines about. It already occurs in Upstate NY. They are being allowed to use Article 22.3 employees to shift in the yard as well. Sad state of affairs.
Fake news.