Coworkers..

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tightupser, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

Had a coworker have another employee ask a question about sups working. Guy told him he didnt really care but it has caused him to cut the belt to break a jam, which the guy turned on him to the sup who came down and literally did everything but fired him now he's worried they might still fire him. Aren't coworkers great!

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I think I'm developing a bunion.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Nothing in that post makes sense. Go have a glass of water and try again.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

Basically two union employees having a conversation about supervisors working and one twisted the others story to a point where it sounded like a slowdown which is a fireable offense but wasn't true and the manager of the hub hollered and cussed him threatening to fire the said employee.

5. Heffalump

Heffalump Member

4th rule of how to work here is "anybody can be management".

6. Protein Fart

Protein Fart Well-Known Member

Whenever I see a sup working I stand there and watch them.

Sup: "(My name), what are you doing?"

Me: "watching the demonstration you're giving everyone"

I dont ever file for anything unless it's for missing pay or someone is being an ass, but I will harass them for touching packages

7. Indecisi0n

First rule.of UPS club....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Sounds like harassment to me.

9. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

The worst part is the one that went back to management is a die hard union guy

10. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

The main thing is can the manager fire him over what was told by another union employee when the supervisor of his shift has never had a complaint about him

11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Perhaps I should translate...

A work associate commented to another, in the matter of supervisors working. Word of this made its way back to the supervisor in question, and now this employee is being harassed.

So much for solidarity...

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  12. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Yes, but whether or not it would stick is another matter. They wouldn't even go to the trouble in my building. PTers are untouchable unless they steal something or punch someone.

I really doubt they'd go to the trouble with only one witness. People here backstab each other all the time. I wouldn't even be worried. They'd have no employees left if they fired everybody for something everybody else said.

13. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

No it's just scare tactics. There was no mention of slowing down. File a grievance for harassment and one for a supervisor working. This will also cover his butt if the sup does try to take this further.

Start a paper trail just like they do on us with write ups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

That's crazy with no proof besides a twisted comment, usually PT guys here have no issues cause they are few and far between

15. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

And not one comment on the username? You are slacking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

It wouldn't stick. But they could walk him out just for show if they wanted.

17. 542thruNthru

They can fire you for anything. My supervisor could literally walk in today tell me I'm a POS and fire me. Those kind of firings will never stick you'll be back at work in the next day or two. Don't live in fear you have a contract use it.

18. Tightupser

Tightupser Member

He actually had a conversation with the sup after work and he said he knew nothing about it and he was completely fine, but the manager can be quite hot headed especially lately cause his numbers are trashed

19. 542thruNthru

Who cares...

He can be the biggest hot head that he wants. This is a job and we have rules. Let him get angry. Smile and keep working. He threatens you, file a harassment grievance.

Stop worrying. You're giving your sup and manager to much power over you guys.
    20180703_141235.jpg
    This book is more powerful then your sup/manager.

20. Indecisi0n

I love how I bring you guys down to my sick level.