Crash at my center

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Lol. True. He's the kind that makes us all look bad. The ones almost running me off dirt roads because they're on my side on a corner. Guess it's because they're looking at their GPS.

tysonreaction.gif

I don't stare at it... But, watch out! I'm not the worst of the worse out thurr.

Thank goodness I don't have any accidents since getting my license

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
A m
From what I gathered, some rookie was gps'ing with his phone while driving and hit someone and put them in the hospital. There is an ongoing debate whether it is ups's or the driver's fault, but I am on the side that it's the drivers fault.
A meteor could fall out the sky UPS will charge the driver with the accident using Rule 4 of the seeing habits, but if the driver is looking at his phone while driving then yes, the driver is to blame

Johney

Well do you want the plaintiff lawyer to comb through the site during discovery while they have case against UPS. Why open yourself up to the headache. Me necroposting old threads is an issue, but opening the site up inquiring into who members real name are who have information they can use isn't a headache?
Pics on here mean nothing. I can assure you in a case like this the first thing the plaintiffs lawyer would do is subpoena the drivers phone records to see what he was doing with his phone at the time of the accident. What you're suggesting would be far more time consuming.

CleverNameHere

No one should ever ever go out blind. That's issue numero uno. But that's like saying no one should be homeless. No one cares enough for their fellow man to level the playing field. That's ups and just life in general.

Issue number two is driver doing it wrong...but .. Nothing wrong with GPS if you don't want your day further delayed by harassing calls from management about why you're so behind.

Number three. Some of you older guys particularly like working long hours way way way too much. And management personnel of the same age play hardball sending young guys out blind so much, etc. Two sides of the same rusty coin. Baby boomers effed it up for the rest of the world entirely too much. Talk about entitlement. Smh.

DSM515

I still don't care for how UPS throws the word "crash" around, you crash if your a NASCAR driver, I crashed up my Hot Wheels when I was young, I've also been to a Crash up derby before, I've seen people crash jumping on their bikes. I'm almost 100 percent sure that every driver wakes up in the morning hoping too have a good safe day at work, so if he or she does happen to get into a wreck I'd say most likely it was a accident.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Drivers have went out blind for years, its nothing new. But its not fun, especially with todays standards. You can be flawless and two hours late........... if you care about numbers. If you only care about getting it done, you pull over set up a section, by phone or map and continue on. If you are way behind, maybe they send help. Yes its a rookie move, that most of us have done, with no accident. When I was driving after seeing the general public suck at phone use, I left mine in the back, so I wouldnt be tempted.

Holydriver

Iam shakened by what happened yesterday a fellow teamster got in a accident yesterday. He was in the blind doing a route that ive been doing all peak. He made it out okay with no scracthes but the other person is in the hospital.a

Please be safe out there and its not worth it think of your love ones they want to see you come back home alive.

are you literally shaking? and triggered? pusillanimous

rod

Retired 22 years

I still haven't figured out why you shouldn't text while driving but its ok to have to take my eyes off the road to do something on the touch screen on my new pickup. The other day I took off and was going to change the station -you can do it on the steering wheel but it wouldn't let me. I glanced at the screen and it had a message on it that said something like "do not drive and adjust settings" then at the bottom of the screen it said "OK" and I had to touch that to get back to the regular screen--- Crazy