Crash at my center

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I went out on many a routes blind as a cut driver. What you do is you stop the car, grab map book/GPS and map out your next 5 or so stops. It worked for me. Remember the sequence of right and left turns. I was damn good at going out cold. Probably for the worst. Honestly, you cut drivers out there need to :censored2: the bed when you go out cold if you really dread it.

How about finally allowing windshield mounted GPS units?

I have them and as long as you keep your eyes moving, and don't stare or touch it while driving, I had no problems focusing on the road...

DSC_0001.JPG

By the A pillar, top one has all of my stops programmed for the whole day in OrioN trace

Bottom left alone to verify the road name or to run off Mis Loads or misplots

I can get a print out of my maps as well, just in case my GPS decided to stop working.

We used to have maps in our powerpad, but that took too much time switching back n forth to the delivery list

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How about finally allowing windshield mounted GPS units?

I have them and as long as you keep your eyes moving, and don't stare or touch it while driving, I had no problems focusing on the road...

View attachment 113712

By the A pillar, top one has all of my stops programmed for the whole day in OrioN trace

Bottom left alone to verify the road name or to run off Mis Loads or misplots

I can get a print out of my maps as well, just in case my GPS decided to stop working.

We used to have maps in our powerpad, but that took too much time switching back n forth to the delivery list
There is no way you can convince me having those too units right in front of your face is not a distraction, even if you're not looking at them. They're there, that alone is a distraction. You are an accident waiting to happen. Hopefully when it happens, you won't hurt or even worse, kill someone.

OrioN

I've been doing this effectively.... as long as you do what I put in bold.

It's way better than looking down on those printed turn by turn directions or when I see drivers looking down on their smartphones while driving

Aim high in steering
, and having the mounted GPS units keeps me focused on the big picture

If you can't multitask, then this setup is not for you...

Savvy412

I have a blue tooth speaker and keep my phone in the back. So I take a peek at where I'm going then just drive and listen to it.

But before I had the speaker I kept the phone in my cup holder and ya , I guess peeked at it .

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Are you guys buying these gps units for work? What the hell. It is much easier to go get the stops on a printed map. With each stop. In the dispatchers office. No one needs to buy a map. It is up stairs. No wonder the idiot got in an accident. I know I can look at the dispatch map any where in the world. Then drive to the next stop without looking at it till I have stopped again.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I went out on many a routes blind as a cut driver. What you do is you stop the car, grab map book/GPS and map out your next 5 or so stops. It worked for me. Remember the sequence of right and left turns. I was damn good at going out cold. Probably for the worst. Honestly, you cut drivers out there need to :censored2: the bed when you go out cold if you really dread it.

I wound up doing this very thing. Helped me learn the route so that by the second week I was using the GPS for only about 25% of the route. If you're covering for vacations or are doing a split route during peak and have little or no training time on the route, this is a good way to learn the area.

JackStraw

Best way to learn a route is on your own without any GPS help. 3-5 days on a route you should have it down to get through a day. They send you out blind? Make them $$$$pay$$$ for it. They understand when you go in an area you've never been in that it's going to take longer.

3 done 3 to go

I wound up doing this very thing. Helped me learn the route so that by the second week I was using the GPS for only about 25% of the route. If you're covering for vacations or are doing a split route during peak and have little or no training time on the route, this is a good way to learn the area.

Incorrect! Orion made the world of delivery idiot proof. Now we have idiots who think they are better with gps. Get the Orion maps. Look at it at each stop. That is safer for all. 25%of the time is too much. If I learned when rd 1 box 1a thru 1z was the address. I'm sure now that you have 911 to follow. You can do better. Your world is boring as hell now. Its all there In front of you. On paper sheets

OrioN

Mr 3... yeah, I got these GPS units for my job.

But I'm on team eggplant, not a brownie

However from reading about Orion trace and maps, it seems eerily similar to the FedEx system.

I can get printed maps of my daily stops, both over view and details.

then as I fuel up or driver release a number 2 in the can before heading out, I can visualize my whole day & know where to break trace to service my b2b stops before closing time. As well as when to tell OrioN to STFU to get to any time commit stops

It made my driving here stress free

3 done 3 to go

Oh I give you guys a lot of room. That explained a lot.awful drivers. But hey good luck. Hope to never meet while working. Not that you would see me anyways

Oh I give you guys a lot of room. That explained a lot.awful drivers. But hey good luck. Hope to never meet while working. Not that you would see me anyways
I got a Russian ( who owns the FedEx routes) and I flat old told him, you ever cut me off again I will beat you senseless.
The guy is a complete :censored2:ing idiot. He has no business having a driver's license.