Crazy. 8 hour dispatch.

Undertow

It’s 1 22.4 for every 4 RPCD. For those drivers that loved this language, if they have (like mine) a 70 driver center, you can expect 17 22.4’s that will soak up all you $60 an hour overtime gravy for a measly $20 an hour. We are in for a world of hurt.
Obviously the company wanted this article along with the "when work is available" language pertaining to Mondays to establish a lynchpin for long term planning and they had the stooges in place with Hoffa and Taylor to make it stick, but just because it's in the contract doesn't make it the "New Normal" once New Year's Day arrives or even in the months after when every last supplement is finally put to bed. It wouldn't surprise me if large chunks of the country didn't see anything near the 4 to 1 ratio realized in the ranks even by the time the next master contract is up for negotiation.

Some places that have the ample supply of staffing might be able to begin implementing the plan, but how many buildings can really meet that requirement? The area I work in couldn't hire and retain enough people just to fill the vacant RPCD positions. For 22.4's to have any chance to siphon off enough of the volume, there first must be enough of them there just for the plan to be put in motion and that's already an obstacle. Even if the company gets enough takers for the lower tier position, that doesn't automatically guarantee they can succeed at performing the duties they will be tasked with. With sups who never did any real time behind the wheel responsible for the lion"s share of the training these days combined with the nearly guaranteed failure that is the Orion program handing these newbies a delivery trace that's flawed and wasteful, there's ample reason to be skeptical the company won't completely screw up this latest initiative. If I were to bet, it would be OT will be there for those who truly want it for some time yet going forward.

Mooseknuckle

Obviously the company wanted this article along with the "when work is available" language pertaining to Mondays to establish a lynchpin for long term planning and they had the stooges in place with Hoffa and Taylor to make it stick, but just because it's in the contract doesn't make it the "New Normal" once New Year's Day arrives or even in the months after when every last supplement is finally put to bed. It wouldn't surprise me if large chunks of the country didn't see anything near the 4 to 1 ratio realized in the ranks even by the time the next master contract is up for negotiation.

Some places that have the ample supply of staffing might be able to begin implementing the plan, but how many buildings can really meet that requirement? The area I work in couldn't hire and retain enough people just to fill the vacant RPCD positions. For 22.4's to have any chance to siphon off enough of the volume, there first must be enough of them there just for the plan to be put in motion and that's already an obstacle. Even if the company gets enough takers for the lower tier position, that doesn't automatically guarantee they can succeed at performing the duties they will be tasked with. With sups who never did any real time behind the wheel responsible for the lion"s share of the training these days combined with the nearly guaranteed failure that is the Orion program handing these newbies a delivery trace that's flawed and wasteful, there's ample reason to be skeptical the company won't completely screw up this latest initiative. If I were to bet, it would be OT will be there for those who truly want it for some time yet going forward.
Agreed! What area are you in if I may ask?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Haha!! He can't deny what happened

Yeah he can and does on a daily basis.

He currently blames it all on the Strike Authorization voting. He has pointed his finger at everyone EXCEPT D.T., Jr., himself and the company! He has become worse than Trump at the Blame Game.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Yeah he can and does on a daily basis.

He currently blames it all on the Strike Authorization voting. He has pointed his finger at everyone EXCEPT D.T., Jr., himself and the company! He has become worse than Trump at the Blame Game.
Teamsters union is not for membership. UPS will only be the cash cow.for the pension for so.long. They chose the wrong side

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Some places that have the ample supply of staffing might be able to begin implementing the plan, but how many buildings can really meet that requirement? The area I work in couldn't hire and retain enough people just to fill the vacant RPCD positions.

Don't you think this will be achieved by just making every new driver a 22.4 until the 25% mark is reached?
If you were the company would you hire the next driver as a RPCD or a 22.4?
And the next hire? And the next?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Sounds good in a building where the drivers (RDCP or whatever the hell they call us now) actually want to work every day???

How many "drivers" in your Center are willing to take one (or more) day(s) off every week???

I predict that these same idiots will go, or stay home at a rate (25%) to allow the new 22.4 idiots to gobble up everyone else's overtime.

This whole notion that the Company agreed to this language without a plan kills me.

Trust me, the Company has a plan, and it's coming hard and fast....and as usual, I hope I am wrong.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds good in a building where the drivers (RDCP or whatever the hell they call us now) actually want to work every day???

How many "drivers" in your Center are willing to take one (or more) day(s) off every week???

I predict that these same idiots will go, or stay home at a rate (25%) to allow the new 22.4 idiots to gobble up everyone else's overtime.

This whole notion that the Company agreed to this language without a plan kills me.

Trust me, the Company has a plan, and it's coming hard and fast....and as usual, I hope I am wrong.
The fact that there isn’t a max hours worked as a driver for 22.4 before they make full scale all day is just idiotic.