Crazy. 8 hour dispatch.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I haven't seen a new hire be able to ignore Orion when it's the only option there is in the DIAD to view the stops. For many of us, RDO no longer being an option is the reality. If the company's true motive with Orion is to catalog data or anything else rather than what we were told it was being chained to us to begin with, and new drivers can't figure it out to the extent that they either quit or wash out in a matter of weeks and often even mere days, then it's actually failing to assist inexperienced drivers - So much so to the point here that many of the experienced drivers reach the 60hr threshold having to continually clean up the mess.

Sure the company will try to execute the plan. I previously stated as much regarding the language and never argued to the contrary. They've always exploited the language in the contract regardless of what article it pertained to. No reason to figure that would ever change. Trying it isn't the same as executing it and the events you describe unfolding would take a level of success that management can't seem to make happen even one building at a time much less simultaneously on a nationwide scale. Maybe there's an ample pool of motivated unemployed talent where you are that's available to tap into with a sufficient training staff, enough trucks, enough space to put them, and enough people to load them so that you experience the scenario exactly as you describe sometime in the near future.

But I don't see that future showing up tomorrow, the next day, or anytime soon here where I am. So when I get that call? At best, it's not a matter of "When" here and I'm skeptical that "If" is on the horizon anytime soon unless an economic collapse of epic proportion occurs (always a possibility). For discussion's sake, on the assumption I were to receive such a call, my decision would be based on exactly what options were available and that is something I've already inquired about with the stewards regarding what I could accept and what I could refuse, as I would honestly like to know. Their response was "Quit kidding yourself. Nobody has been able to get Mondays off for over two years and that isn't changing."
Do you remember the "pickup reliability" initiative (+/- 15 minutes) for pickups?....what was the "end game" here for the Company???

Humor me with a simple, short response....please?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
@Dragon is a jr. Center manager....a real tough guy around here
gijoe.gif

Undertow

I remember it coming up in the morning meetings very few and far between. It's not exactly a top priority in a building where so many new drivers need help with the deliveries just to have a shot at finishing or flat out just blew several pickups altogether.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I remember it coming up in the morning meetings very few and far between. It's not exactly a top priority in a building where so many new drivers need help with the deliveries just to have a shot at finishing or flat out just blew several pickups altogether.
You didn't quote me, but I will assume you were responding to me?

I am suggesting that the "pickup reliability" initiative was a precursor to ORION....actually I know it was.
ORION needed to know when we make our pickups in order to optimize our delivery order (hypothetically).

Declaring ORION a failure is short sighted....and again I am suggesting we have only seen the "tip of the iceberg" of it's eventual role.