Crazy. 8 hour dispatch.

Love ya buddy. Have a shot!!!
Yes dear.
15461392679824229447416968324965.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Based on what I've witnessed up to this point regarding what comes in off the street, No I don't believe the company can execute any supposed plan that way especially on a nationwide scale in a span of mere months. They can hardly get new hires to stick with it now and that's with something less than 8 hours of work with the promise of full scale pay way dow the road. 5 bucks less per hour with far less certainty regarding start and finish times taking most all chances of planning a life to go along with their work? The odds of getting any takers worth keeping get far worse.
What makes you think they have to put this together "in a span of mere months"?
I submit that they are already holding auditions over the past 3 months and have years to tinker and perfect.

....and what makes you think that the Company wants them to stick around??

When these employees hire in at half scale, with an enormous amount of flexibility in job content and scheduling, 4 year progression, no vacations for a year, while not vesting for 5 years in a now single employee pension fund (Central Region), wouldn't it be advantageous to have a high off-street turnover rate???

Does this sound familiar?....(part timers)

22.4 will be the only gateway to becoming a regular package car driver for part time employees (who don't wan't the job to begin with)....so off-street 22.4's will be the new high turnover, discounted classification for the Company.
I actually don't view the ORION comparison as apple to oranges as it's become clear that the failure of the program has greatly contributed in negating the effectiveness curve of new hires. Without any prior knowledge of the delivery areas, the rookies follow the botched list into not only 12 hour days that the vets can often get done in 9 or even 8 hours, but often miss a dozen or more business deliveries while in the process. And that's assuming the "driver" sticks around the whole day rather than calling his mom or one of his friends to come pick him up while leaving the truck and 100 stops left in it somewhere in a parking lot at 6PM. That used to take place perhaps once every couple of years where now it takes place about once per month.
ORION is likely nothing what it seems to be on the surface....and it certainly has nothing to do with saving fuel.

I believe the Company is using ORION to catalog data, as it goes from mandatory to completely ignored from week, to month, to year.

At the very least, it's to assist inexperienced drivers, while the inverse fringe edge is ORION is being perfected for autonomous vehicle programming.
Will the company try to move forward with the 22.4 concept? Of course they will as they wouldn't have structured the language of Hoffa's folly the way they did. Does that automatically translate into all of us from coast to coast suddenly being awoke by a phone call on Monday morning two weeks from now saying "No work available on your area today, either stay home or go out on something you haven't done in 17 years."? Again, I can only observe and reflect on what takes place at my building and a handful of others closest to it, and I don't see that possibility getting anywhere remotely close to the realm of probability anytime soon.
The Company has a plan and they will execute it, while reinterpreting, exploiting, and perverting this poorly written 22.4 hybrid driver language.

....and yes, part of "the plan" is to have as many RPCD's as possible to tap out on any given day, allowing the full twenty five percent of 22.4's to drive as much as possible.

So when you get that call, what will you do???

Last edited:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
What makes you think they have to put this together "in a span of mere months"?
I submit that they are already holding auditions over the past 3 months and have years to tinker and perfect.

....and what makes you think that the Company wants them to stick around??

When these employees hire in at half scale, with an enormous amount of flexibility in job content and scheduling, 4 year progression, no vacations for a year, while not vesting in a now single employee pension fund (Central Region), wouldn't it be advantageous to have a high off-street turnover rate???

Does this sound familiar?....(part timers)

22.4 will be the only gateway to becoming a regular package car driver for part time employees (who don't wan't the job to begin with)....so off-street 22.4's will be the new high turnover, discounted classification for the Company.

ORION is likely nothing what it seems to be on the surface....and it certainly has nothing to do with saving fuel.

I believe the Company is using ORION to catalog data, as it goes from mandatory to completely ignored from week, to month, to year.

At the very least, it's to assist inexperienced drivers, while the inverse fringe edge is ORION is being perfected for autonomous vehicle programming.

The Company has a plan and they will execute it, while reinterpreting, exploiting, and perverting this poorly written 22.4 hybrid driver language.

....and yes, part of "the plan" is to have as many RPCD's as possible to tap out on any given day, allowing the full twenty five percent of 22.4's to drive as much as possible.

So when you get that call, what will you do???
@Future

Poop Head

Judge me.
When I first started driving, I honest-to-god, thought that Orion was a marketing gimmick. Have our trucks driving down the same streets, over and over, make it seem like UPS is omnipresent.
Also, the first thing I was tought as a driver was to turn off odo.