Crazy. 8 hour dispatch.

Skooney

Haven't seen an 8 hour dispatch in years.

It's been everyday this week. I was home by 3:30 yesterday, and just after 4 today. Not sure what gives, but our building put a BUNCH of new drivers on this year for peak.

And the guys who want to work a million hours are already bitching and arguing over extra work.

I never thought it would happen. I'm glad the naysayers were right. Lol.

My last 4 more years of 8 hour dispatches.. I'd stay another 4. Lol.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

It's been everyday this week. I was home by 3:30 yesterday, and just after 4 today. Not sure what gives, but our building put a BUNCH of new drivers on this year for peak.

And the guys who want to work a million hours are already bitching and arguing over extra work.

The more qualified "RPCD's" on the books when the new National Master takes effect, the more 22.4 hybrid drivers they can hire at half price.

JustDeliverIt

Congrats, wish it was that way nationwide. I just had my lightest week of peak with 56.8 hours this week. I'm hoping they go back to the 9.5 weeks but the way the stock prices are tanking I have a feeling they are going to go back to the old ways of cutting every route possible.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Good thing we are still under the old contract where January 1st starts the 9.5 list
Article 37
c) The Employer shall make a reasonable effort to reduce package car drivers’ workdays below nine and one half (9.5) hours per day where requested. If a review indicates that progress is not being made in the reduction of assigned hours of work, (i.e the package driver has worked more than 9.5 hours on three (3) days in a work- week), the following language shall apply, except in the months of November and December:

Poop Head

Judge me.
Good thing we are still under the old contract where January 1st starts the 9.5 list
Article 37
c) The Employer shall make a reasonable effort to reduce package car drivers’ workdays below nine and one half (9.5) hours per day where requested. If a review indicates that progress is not being made in the reduction of assigned hours of work, (i.e the package driver has worked more than 9.5 hours on three (3) days in a work- week), the following language shall apply, except in the months of November and December:
Curious to see what the new year brings.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Last 2 weeks I barely got 1 hour of Ot. I personally love it. Been home by 5:30-6 everyday this people almost. It great to be able to come home and eat dinner with the family. Hope it continues

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Last 2 weeks I barely got 1 hour of Ot. I personally love it. Been home by 5:30-6 everyday this people almost. It great to be able to come home and eat dinner with the family. Hope it continues
I’m working today, got 6 hours left and 13 cans of air just hit. Corporate people in BMW’s and Mercedes delivering today, Merry Christmas.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The more qualified "RPCD's" on the books when the new National Master takes effect, the more 22.4 hybrid drivers they can hire at half price.
It’s 1 22.4 for every 4 RPCD. For those drivers that loved this language, if they have (like mine) a 70 driver center, you can expect 17 22.4’s that will soak up all you $60 an hour overtime gravy for a measly $20 an hour. We are in for a world of hurt.

Skooney

It’s 1 22.4 for every 4 RPCD. For those drivers that loved this language, if they have (like mine) a 70 driver center, you can expect 17 22.4’s that will soak up all you $60 an hour overtime gravy for a measly $20 an hour. We are in for a world of hurt.

We aren't getting 22.4's. Matter of fact, there is contract in our local pertaining specifically to the creation of 22.4 positions. We aren't getting them anytime soon. Our Saturdays are only 3-4 drivers.

Keep on the 8 hour dispatches. I'll ride this :censored2: till it's over.

It's 5000 22.4 jobs. How many package car drivers do we actually have?