Creative delivery methods

satellitedriver

It actually took me maybe 4-5 minutes because of the long walk to the house. We arn't allowed to dr an address corrected pkg. Although I do if I see the name on the house. Many times the pkg. will go back on car 3 more times then postcarded so it could have saved a lot of time.
4-5 minutes is an eternity during peak.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
They are not charged for an address correction if it was a good address.

You do know that delivering to the correct house is kinda our job, right? They pay us over $28 an hour to do it. If it takes me 20 minutes to find a house what do I care?

Yes, I do know that delivering to the correct address is my job. And if the correct address is on the pkg then it will be delivered to the said correct address. That's not what this thread is about. If the shipper puts an incorrect address on the pkg then I'm not wasting my time driving up and down the street looking for an address that doesn't exist.

pkgdriver said:
What if the NSN is a good #?

Um, then it's not an NSN and I deliver it to the address on the package! Duh

This one plce I used to deliver was about 1/2 mile off the road and of course I was running behind. The guys dog was out by the gate so I tied a small package to a dogs collar, and told him " Take it to Daddy". He took off running, I guess it worked out well.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
......................Um, then it's not an NSN and I deliver it to the address on the package! Duh

It might be a good number, but if the house is unmarked then it's NSN. I will do all necessary steps to find the address. Process of elimination, calling (hate having to do this because I pay my own bill), etc, etc. My night clerk knows that if I couldn't find the addy then it can't be found. I brought one back the other day that he post-carded for me. Need directions. Some people just don't get that they need to put their address out by the street and on the house.

satellitedriver

This one plce I used to deliver was about 1/2 mile off the road and of course I was running behind. The guys dog was out by the gate so I tied a small package to a dogs collar, and told him " Take it to Daddy". He took off running, I guess it worked out well.
If this is true, you are going to get pos rep from me.
Heck, I will give you rep, just because it is too clever.
I never would have thought of that.
BTW, I will never try it.:happy2:

rod

Retired 22 years

What's that boy-Is Timmy stuck in the well? Such a gooooooood dog:peaceful:

One trick I did with houses on the other side of a locked fence is to put the package in a dr bag,double knot it, the hang the bag by the knot from the top of the fence. It stayed dry,off the ground in case it snowed, and if they didn`t see it going in they would going out.

Big Babooba

If the package came from Hickory Farms, do you honestly believe it would make it to Daddy?:happy-very:

LiL"Comet"

:cool_dog:I just seen that dog the other day still running trying to figure out what the heck he had tied to his collar!! LOL kidding

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the days before Driver Release when we needed a signature on every residential package unless it had a "special" release number we used many creative delivery methods--- most of which would mean you would end up buying a package if there was a claim on it. Making up signatures and release numbers was quite common.:peaceful: It was easy to cheat when you sheeted on paper.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Back in the days before Driver Release when we needed a signature on every residential package unless it had a "special" release number we used many creative delivery methods--- most of which would mean you would end up buying a package if there was a claim on it. Making up signatures and release numbers was quite common.:peaceful: It was easy to cheat when you sheeted on paper.

That good ol' diagonal line in the signature column sure came in handy---It was sure nice of Mr. smith to sign for all 50 stops on that page for me:wink2:.

Not to mention, I never ever delivered a next day air after its commit time...

rod

Retired 22 years
That good ol' diagonal line in the signature column sure came in handy---It was sure nice of Mr. smith to sign for all 50 stops on that page for me:wink2:.

Not to mention, I never ever delivered a next day air after its commit time...

Mr. Smith? :wink2: I think he had a relative by the name of Jones on my route:peaceful:

I seem to remember a mysterious fellow named G.Shepard hanging around a lot of different places our center delivered to. Sometimes he would have a small box tied to his neck.