I REALLY Need to Vent

Stat41

Go back and read the 3rd or 4th post in that series of posts. Always knew she had mental issues. Nobody should be so bitter all the time. Isn't healthy
Maybe I missed it but the only negative comments I have seen from Operational Needs was a reference calling you a troll. Based on your comments you are proving her correct sir. Your comments are very, very, condescending and it seems you enjoy judging others when you don't have all of the facts. I cant judge your mental status because I dont personally know you, but I think your attitude is not healthy. At all.

unloady

It’s a part time job. People have children to take care of, school/homework to complete, or an actual full time job to work at. If the position requires an employee to work close to full time hours, then why was it posted as a “part time” job.

throwaway10

Assume nothing you’ve read in this thread is accurate until you’ve researched it.

Before I retired the was a notice posted on our bulletin board of a change in policy. It stated that unless a PT’er had ON FILE a letter informing FedEx that one had: 1)another job, 2)school, or 3)were caretakers of children or parents, that they could be drafted for additional hours based on operational needs.

I can’t verify that it was ratified and put into policy officially, because it had no bearing on me.

Just advising you to make sure you’re on solid ground before you push back.
None of those 3 things are FedEx's business and they can't ask, if you are hired at PT 2-8 12-6 4-10 whatever it is that is your shift.

!Retired!

Assuming I find the appropriate six hour policy, I’m simply going to inform the ops mgrs and the sm that I won’t be able to work past six hours each day. And that they’ll need to reassign the boxes ready at 6.

And I am very eager to tell them to speak to HR with any questions.
Be prepared for a sudden change in your scheduled hours