I REALLY Need to Vent

MassWineGuy

Yes. But sometimes Google Maps show a different house. Or just send you in the wrong direction.

I adore helpful technology. But I also have a big printed map book.

whenIgetthere

Ok. So my new schedule is noon to six, except I have two boxes that aren’t ready until six. Anyway, I had a decent day until the last stop. I couldn’t find the address after going back and forth three times.

Back at the building the CSA asked if I’d called dispatch to check. I hadn’t, nor did I know that was standard procedure. Then she pulled up a photo of the customer’s mailbox with the number. A nice, clear sunny photo. When I was there it was getting dark and it was pouring. I truly did not see a dark number on a dark mailbox in dark, rainy conditions. The customer called and wasn’t happy.
Sh-t happens, right?

Stat41

Would it be in the big manual with other procedures and regulations? I'll definitely explore. Or ask the HR person. I don’t think they can lie, even if they want to.
In my opinion they can and do lie! Their job is to represent the company and to head off any legal issues. They are not objective. They are not on your side. You are not the one who signs their checks. Just remember, figures don't lie but liars sure figure. You need to be shown and read the policy for yourself.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I tried that, they hit me with the "operational needs"
Then you hit them with a copy of Policy. They can not make you work more than 30 hours a week unless you allow them to….operational needs or not. Call HR. If that doesn’t work, call THEIR boss and on up the line if you have to. If you are not brave enough to do those things it’s YOUR problem.

Star B

White Lightening
I tried that, they hit me with the "operational needs"
yep, operational needs doesn't override hr policy. operational needs doesn't override the 14 hour on duty or the 10 hour off-duty rules, even if your non-dot where it doesn't apply federally.

here's the thing about managers -- once they realize they can't bull:censored2: you or push you around -- they stop for the most part -- the decent ones at least. they realize that their effort in lying is not going to pay off.

just come in early, find a computer, jump on to the people manual, and get yourself a copy and bring that up the next time you want to 6 and quit.

I have a rural route. Sometimes I have to use my phone to find the exact house because I can’t tell on the LEO map. If I zoom in close enough on my phone map it shows the actual driveway as well as an outline of the house. It’s saved me from many Dex 3’s because the house is out of sync with the addresses of surrounding houses.
that or it's a shared driveway and you can't exactly figure out which one it is because the dot is inbetween two of the houses in real life.

I will say this -- the LEO map is welcome and I will never say that it's a bad thing. Yes, it needs improvement, but I'll take it even if it's wrong 0.5% of the time.

Stat41

Yet you complain about the insurance benefits. Those 4 or 5 hrs a week can help pay medical bills.
Part-time gives up short-term disability, more guarantee pay, and more vacation pay in exchange for not having to work full-time hours and spend more time living life. The company should not have the ability to force someone to effectively work full-time hours but yet only provide them part-time benefits.

bacha29

Keep something in mind. property owners are required by law to post in a conspicuous location a corresponding physical address number that can be seen from the road. Whether or not they have to be readable in darkness I don't know but you would think that an
individual property owner would want them to be seen at night in case you have to call out an ambulance at 3AM.

More importantly that physical address number serves to authenticate the address on that letter or that refrigerator freezer combo if you're talking about Ground ( you know, that so called "incompatible") because remember that address has to be considered a bogus address until it can be authenticated .

falcon back

Part-time gives up short-term disability, more guarantee pay, and more vacation pay in exchange for not having to work full-time hours and spend more time living life. The company should not have the ability to force someone to effectively work full-time hours but yet only provide them part-time benefits.
People that are having mental issues and complain about the cost of treatment should realize the best way to pay for treatment is to work a few more hours. I guess the mental issues the original poster said he is having on another post is preventing him from realizing money doesn't flow in without putting in a few hrs of work.

Stat41

People that are having mental issues and complain about the cost of treatment should realize the best way to pay for treatment is to work a few more hours. I guess the mental issues the original poster said he is having on another post is preventing him from realizing money doesn't flow in without putting in a few hrs of work.
Im not talking about the original poster but putting out a hypothetical here. Imagine if the job increases a persons stress level, as it does for us all, and that makes their mental challenges worse. If thats the case, working more to pay for mental health could actually have an adverse effect on that very mental health. But quitting that job would cause a financial hardship and more stress. So, in that situation whats the best outcome? Work what your able (part-time) and go home to de-stress.

MassWineGuy

Gosh! It never occurred to me. You really ought to join MENSA. Hint: It’s different than NASCAR.

Why I need or choose to work the hours I do is based on how much I think I can do, is it financially acceptable and what else is going on in my life that needs my attention.

There are plenty of times where I’ve worked a few extra hours a week. What I’m complaining about is the blatant lie I was told about my noon to six shift. For me, 30 hours a week would be ok.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yep, operational needs doesn't override hr policy. operational needs doesn't override the 14 hour on duty or the 10 hour off-duty rules, even if your non-dot where it doesn't apply federally.

here's the thing about managers -- once they realize they can't bull* you or push you around -- they stop for the most part -- the decent ones at least. they realize that their effort in lying is not going to pay off.

just come in early, find a computer, jump on to the people manual, and get yourself a copy and bring that up the next time you want to 6 and quit.

that or it's a shared driveway and you can't exactly figure out which one it is because the dot is inbetween two of the houses in real life.

I will say this -- the LEO map is welcome and I will never say that it's a bad thing. Yes, it needs improvement, but I'll take it even if it's wrong 0.5% of the time.
Yeah, I’m a huge fan of the LEO map.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Im not talking about the original poster but putting out a hypothetical here. Imagine if the job increases a persons stress level, as it does for us all, and that makes their mental challenges worse. If thats the case, working more to pay for mental health could actually have an adverse effect on that very mental health. But quitting that job would cause a financial hardship and more stress. So, in that situation whats the best outcome? Work what your able (part-time) and go home to de-stress.
Stop entertaining the troll. He was gone for awhile and all was peaceful. If we ignore him he’ll go away again.