I REALLY Need to Vent

MassWineGuy

Assuming I find the appropriate six hour policy, I’m simply going to inform the ops mgrs and the sm that I won’t be able to work past six hours each day. And that they’ll need to reassign the boxes ready at 6.

And I am very eager to tell them to speak to HR with any questions.

Last edited:

Stat41

Gosh! It never occurred to me. You really ought to join MENSA. Hint: It’s different than NASCAR.

Why I need or choose to work the hours I do is based on how much I think I can do, is it financially acceptable and what else is going on in my life that needs my attention.

There are plenty of times where I’ve worked a few extra hours a week. What I’m complaining about is the blatant lie I was told about my noon to six shift. For me, 30 hours a week would be ok.
You illustrated my point exactly! BTW I love the MENSA/NASCAR comment. I'm going to steal it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Assuming I find the appropriate six hour policy, I’m simply going to inform the ops mgrs and the sm that I won’t be able to work past six hours each day. And that they’ll need to reassign the boxes ready at 6.

Assume nothing you’ve read in this thread is accurate until you’ve researched it.

Before I retired the was a notice posted on our bulletin board of a change in policy. It stated that unless a PT’er had ON FILE a letter informing FedEx that one had: 1)another job, 2)school, or 3)were caretakers of children or parents, that they could be drafted for additional hours based on operational needs.

I can’t verify that it was ratified and put into policy officially, because it had no bearing on me.

Just advising you to make sure you’re on solid ground before you push back.

McFeely

Huge Member
MWG: do you still have your offer letter from when you accepted your PT position?

I keep everything I’ve received from the company as a hard copy in case I ever need backup.

falcon back

Stop entertaining the troll. He was gone for awhile and all was peaceful. If we ignore him he’ll go away again.
Your admission of mental issues explains a lot about your negative outlook on life in general. No reason for you to be so negative all the time. Be thankful for everyday and enjoy life.

Stat41

Your admission of mental issues explains a lot about your negative outlook on life in general. No reason for you to be so negative all the time. Be thankful for everyday and enjoy life.
Ummm, Operational Needs didnt have an admission of mental issues. It was someone else entirely and I respect him for the admission.

falcon back

Ummm, Operational Needs didnt have an admission of mental issues. It was someone else entirely and I respect him for the admission.
Go back and read the 3rd or 4th post in that series of posts. Always knew she had mental issues. Nobody should be so bitter all the time. Isn't healthy

MassWineGuy

MWG: do you still have your offer letter from when you accepted your PT position?

I keep everything I’ve received from the company as a hard copy in case I ever need backup.

I remember my manager saying I’d get a copy. Never did. It must be on file somewhere.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I think it is under “additional hours”.

falcon back

And what if she did? Mental health is nothing to make fun of or criticise.

God, you're just a complete piece of *.
If she would enjoy life and not hate every aspect of everyday, maybe she would feel better mentally and physically. A hateful and negative attitude can affect every aspect of life. Wake up everyday and be thankful for whatever happens that day, good or bad.

dezguy

If she would enjoy life and not hate every aspect of everyday, maybe she would feel better mentally and physically. A hateful and negative attitude can affect every aspect of life. Wake up everyday and be thankful for whatever happens that day, good or bad.
Often times, mental health isn't something someone chooses to live with or is a result of just being happy.

Of course a human piece of garbage like yourself wouldn't understand that.

falcon back

Often times, mental health isn't something someone chooses to live with or is a result of just being happy.

Of course a human piece of garbage like yourself wouldn't understand that.
Coming from another that hates life and everything in it, you would know. Try thinking good thoughts and being happy no matter the circumstances. Or being bitter and hateful like yourself and physical and mental issues can be the result. Have you ever been happy or were you miserable as a child?

dezguy

Coming from another that hates life and everything in it, you would know. Try thinking good thoughts and being happy no matter the circumstances. Or being bitter and hateful like yourself and physical and mental issues can be the result. Have you ever been happy or were you miserable as a child?
You're right! Hating life sitting on the porch of my cabin, looking out at the lake with a cold beer next to me.

Woe is me, life is the worst!! lol