Crony Capitalism and Using The State to Cheat Your Customers

It will be fine

United passenger traded drugs for gay sex with patient | Daily Mail Online

• Dr David Dao's troubled medical past is revealed in court documents
  • His wife Teresa - also a doctor - reported him to medical authorities and his secret inappropriate gay relationship with a patient was revealed
  • Father of five, 69, was convicted of a felony - but avoided prison time - because he was giving the man prescription drugs in return for gay sex
  • He denied the gay sex even though he was caught on camera shirtless and in his pants with Brian Case, his lover, 26, who was a fellow worshiper at his church
  • Case said he believed that Dao wanted to hook him on prescription narcotics including Oxycontin so he would keep coming to him for gay sex
  • Psychiatrist found Vietnamese-born doctor had series of issues and one doctor wrote that he 'he would unilaterally chose to do his own thing'
  • He only got his licence back after agreeing to be drug tested and polygraphed
Why does this post reference "gay sex?" Why not just sex?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How is it that a sporting venue can sell 50k, 75k and even in a few cases 100k tickets to sporting event after sport event and not once do they double book the same seat but in the case of airlines, it seems this occurs more often than we know?
On any given flight 10% of passengers don't show up. It sounds crazy, but that's what happens. 9 times out of 10 airlines are fine overselling them, sometimes they lose.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
They had the right to throw him off the plane. I agree with what they did, but not how they did it.
I don't feel they should be able to bump full fare customers off flights. Yes, I know it's in the fine print, but that doesn't make it right. If the airlines asks and a few say yes, okay, but not to forcibly (not physically) make them accept the bump.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I don't feel they should be able to bump full fare customers off flights. Yes, I know it's in the fine print, but that doesn't make it right. If the airlines asks and a few say yes, okay, but not to forcibly (not physically) make them accept the bump.
Whether it is right or not you accept that when you purchase the ticket. We got bumped on the way home from Ireland in October. Did it suck? Yep. But I did the same thing I guarantee this guy did, buy the cheapest fare. I got what I paid for, instead of paying the premium to fly someone else.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Whether it is right or not you accept that when you purchase the ticket. We got bumped on the way home from Ireland in October. Did it suck? Yep. But I did the same thing I guarantee this guy did, buy the cheapest fare. I got what I paid for, instead of paying the premium to fly someone else.
I've never been bumped when flying full fare, thank goodness, only when flying interline standby.

wkmac

I've never been bumped when flying full fare, thank goodness, only when flying interline standby.

One consumer expert stated that if you want to fly and make sure you don't get bumped, don't buy the cheapest tickets on the flight as when it comes time to bump, they go straight to the cheapest fares as they will cost the Airline the least.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've been bumped by Aer Lingus in Dublin, Delta once in Hartford, and another time in Minneapolis, all on paid tickets. For the Delta ones I got 1600 worth of vouchers, which for 3 extra hours was fine by me.
I got so many vouchers flying in and out of Newark I can't remember how many.
I remember giving about 6 of them away.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
One consumer expert stated that if you want to fly and make sure you don't get bumped, don't buy the cheapest tickets on the flight as when it comes time to bump, they go straight to the cheapest fares as they will cost the Airline the least.
45c93f0af9679baef4a2f8acb744f4bb_download-nicolas-cage-nicolas-cage-meme-you-dont-say_500-280.jpeg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I got so many vouchers flying in and out of Newark I can't remember how many.
I remember giving about 6 of them away.
One time I was flying back to Minnesota, they were getting a blizzard and nothing was getting in. First flight gets cancelled, second flight gets cancelled, we get to the third and I look at the airport weather observation, wasn't a chance in hell we were getting in. They asked for volunteers so they could put some more fuel on board. Knew it was an easy 800 bucks because we weren't going anywhere AND I had a guaranteed seat on the next flight.

Flight gets cancelled and I got the next one no problem. Got paid for a flight that never left the gate