Crony Capitalism and Using The State to Cheat Your Customers

wkmac

In my experience the IRS actually has great customer service. I had to deal with them a lot when I started my company and everyone I dealt with was very helpful.

Having just this morning written a check to the US Treasury for an additional $4500 I feel I'm entitled to subject the IRS and the US gov't to any form of HUMOR I feel like.
;)

wkmac

You're way ahead of me. Just doing my taxes this weekend.

Yeah I begrudgingly put them in the mail this morning. Best wishes on your weekend's work.

You both are way behind me. Taxes e-filed in late January and refunds deposited in early February.

I'll just pay every year as I'd rather keep more money and let it work for me over the course of the year instead of giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah I begrudgingly put them in the mail this morning. Best wishes on your weekend's work.

I'll just pay every year as I'd rather keep more money and let it work for me over the course of the year instead of giving Uncle Sam an interest free loan.

My combined refunds were less than $500.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yuuup.
Turbo Tax Premier.

Am using credit karmas free software for my daughter because she had income from four states last year.

I looked at credit karma but although free they want to track too much personal information. Instead I used HR Block which was also totally free.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
My son had income from three states.

Is the Credit Karma tax prep really free?
Yes. Totally free. I am also a current member for credit score/monitoring so they already have all my personnel information.

Turbo Tax charges extra for more than one state software download and then $29 for each state e-filed. Not paying them those charges when I can do it for free.