Crushed by Peak yet?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
7BD57ACA-3689-4DAB-B661-0479AFEDBF1F.jpeg

542thruNthru

And......?

Sit in the jump seat and give directions for $36/hr? Yes, please!

He wouldn't make $36 an hour. It would be more.

There is no one doing more than 100 hours, let alone 85.

Dave I'm getting very worried about you. You need to see a doctor immediately! Your mind is going so fast. Either that or you're a idiot.

You literally just talked to someone who posted their hours that was over 85 hours. Now you are going to sit here and say "no one is going over 100 hours, let alone 85"

@specter208 posted his actual paycheck and many others have told you already that they have done the same.
image.jpeg

At least when @rod or the retirees talk about UPS they talk about the old days. They don't pretend to know about anything current.

Seek help... please

Hadjabear

He wouldn't make $36 an hour. It would be more.

Dave I'm getting very worried about you. You need to see a doctor immediately! Your mind is going so fast. Either that or you're a idiot.

You literally just talked to someone who posted their hours that was over 85 hours. Now you are going to sit here and say "no one is going over 100 hours, let alone 85"

@specter208 posted his actual paycheck and many others have told you already that they have done the same. View attachment 274961

At least when @rod or the retirees talk about UPS they talk about the old days. They don't pretend to know about anything current.

Seek help... please
Devil's advocate here, that paycheck clearly says 2018, only noticed after I was wondering why there was $11/hr pay rate

542thruNthru

Devil's advocate here, that paycheck clearly says 2018, only noticed after I was wondering why there was $11/hr pay rate

That paycheck was discussed in another thread. The point was that it happens and Dave doesn't believe it.

If someone in 2018 with 4 weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas can work 85 hours then for sure someone can work at least that much this year with only 3 weeks.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I remember a time when I was helping with a night time back burn in an attempt to contain a forest fire. It's one thing to see a forest fire in day light. It's entirely different at night. You look out over the 100's of acres of burning trees, and it is nothing but an ocean of red. You know that there is only a thin trail of fire line that separates you from this angry monster that wants nothing more than to reduce you to atoms.

I'm not sure what made me think of that... oh, right. Peak.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know someone last year that was, haven't talked to him to find out this year, but definitely possible our twilight starts at like 1pm work that then midnight then preload, preload is so far behind you can work till 1pm start twilight repeat. No one works 24hrs but I doubt anyone would stop them if they wanted to try.

7 * 14 = 98

6 * 16 = 96

Your friend is full of crap.

MrBates

Thank goodness for the heroes that came in early to help out and then skip lunch and race around so more areas could be eliminated...

That reminds me of a time when I met some new kid bragging about how he can do 150 stops by lunch. I kept egging him on like wow, your a beast. I asked him what his secret was and he said he prerecorded the stops, delivered them during lunch, and stop completed them when he punched back in. I just smiled and said he really shouldn't do that. He said he wanted to go home early. Later on in the day we met again and he took 30 stops off me. Some people like to learn the hard way.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Where they getting 25 drivers who aren't out of hours (or close to it)? I imagine they're on the clock while traveling too.
In my center, half we out of hours last night, That tells me the other half were not getting enough work.

It would be my guess that these clowns are not on the clock traveling...Suckers!

oie_overlay.gif

The Driver

I drive.
I remember a time when I was helping with a night time back burn in an attempt to contain a forest fire. It's one thing to see a forest fire in day light. It's entirely different at night. You look out over the 100's of acres of burning trees, and it is nothing but an ocean of red. You know that there is only a thin trail of fire line that separates you from this angry monster that wants nothing more than to reduce you to atoms.

I'm not sure what made me think of that... oh, right. Peak.

you have such beautiful words

polyp

Our hub is staying above water. Management is convinced they are geniuses, but this is our first peak with the fully expanded and automated hub. They've got 30+ new unload doors, and they're barely eeking out what the old building did.

Our centers are traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaashed. Starting to build a rapport with the driver assigned the rental on my bay door as I down stack daysort volume around him. He's pretty chill. Yesterday he very politely asked his preloader to stop loading the air in the nose of the u-haul.