Crushed by Peak yet?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Amazon will throw us under the bus and say we dropped the ball and couldn’t get customers their packages. And people will be OK with that because they like Amazons low prices. Amazon has the potential to run a lot of companies out of business I wonder when the government will come in and say enough‘s enough? They did this to Southwestern Bell/AT&T along time ago.
If amazon is still sending trailers at 1 am on Christmas Eve then I’d agree it’s amazon fault. At this point though it’s ups not getting the job done.

Brownslave688

7 * 14 = 98

6 * 16 = 96

Your friend is full of crap.
You mean the typical hours every lineman in the country works when there’s a storm?

The hours every farmer works during planting or harvest season?

The hours every asphalt crews work in the middle of summer?

I’m sure there’s plenty more.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
If amazon is still sending trailers at 1 am on Christmas Eve then I’d agree it’s amazon fault. At this point though it’s ups not getting the job done.
They way underestimated the volume. Not enough drivers, trucks, part-timers, etc. Same old story.

Brownslave688

They way underestimated the volume. Not enough drivers, trucks, part-timers, etc. Same old story.
What’s funny is starting in sept many on here started saying. Peak is gonna be bad. Ups isn’t prepared. Saw it from a mile away.

I know multiple centers that were told they didn’t need to hire any seasonal drivers. ZERO.

After the first week of November and sups running full routes guys at 60 hours. Only then did district start screaming omg you’ve got to hire people like yesterday.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What’s funny is starting in sept many on here starting saying. Peak is gonna be bad. Ups isn’t prepared. Saw it from a mile away.

I know multiple centers that were told they didn’t need to hire any seasonal drivers. ZERO.

After the first week of November and sups running full routes guys at 60 hours. Only then did district start screaming omg you’ve got to hire people like yesterday.

the problem here is unemployment is as low as it’s ever been
Anybody that wants to work already has a job

So, what you have left don’t really want to work but moms up their ass trying to get them outta the basement

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
What’s funny is starting in sept many on here starting saying. Peak is gonna be bad. Ups isn’t prepared. Saw it from a mile away.

I called it back in the summer. Funny how frontline management is scared to say a word on their conference calls. Maybe they couldn't see it either.

Wally

the problem here is unemployment is as low as it’s ever been
Anybody that wants to work already has a job

So, what you have left don’t really want to work but moms up their ass trying to get them outta the basement
The company was trying to pay low and it bit them in the arse.

Wally

Right before Thanksgiving our center manager was saying no one will need stuff brought out because we can walk through the truck. Come Monday, total disaster.

Their solution, jam every stop in the truck! Lol

Wally

Lol Our guys paratrooped on the hub roof. No one has a ladder to get them down! Call 911!
Good news, they are going to get these guys off the roof.
Screenshot_20191207-114751_Samsung Internet.jpg