Current president & potential strike.

Space8323

So I’m new to the site, but have been following post for a while now. I’m just curious because I’ve seen quite a few people that love the current president. Which is fine, your decision. But how many genuinely believe that there is any chance he backs workers during a massive strike? Him & his party are anti-labor, and working to spread right-to-work laws to as many states as possible. For those who talk about “dems raising taxes again”. How many of us were even paying the top tax rate before, or now? My guess is that most of us currently pay between 12-24%, and previously paid 15-28%. I just don’t believe that a president who is backed by some of the most anti-labor, union busting advocates will have a change of heart because we go on strike. Pretending to be all about the working man, and woman publicly, while attempting to weaken unions behind the scenes doesn’t make it seem that he loves workers as much as he says on the mic.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
So I’m new to the site, but have been following post for a while now. I’m just curious because I’ve seen quite a few people that love the current president. Which is fine, your decision. But how many genuinely believe that there is any chance he backs workers during a massive strike? Him & his party are anti-labor, and working to spread right-to-work laws to as many states as possible. For those who talk about “dems raising taxes again”. How many of us were even paying the top tax rate before, or now? My guess is that most of us currently pay between 12-24%, and previously paid 15-28%. I just don’t believe that a president who is backed by some of the most anti-labor, union busting advocates will have a change of heart because we go on strike. Pretending to be all about the working man, and woman publicly, while attempting to weaken unions behind the scenes doesn’t make it seem that he loves workers as much as he says on the mic.
Trump eats pizza with a fork.
What else is there to say?

CoolStoryBro

Do you have a question? or is this just a ...

COOL STORY BRO

Box Ox

Don’t underestimate the lengths Trump might go to in order to :censored2: Amazon and Bezos. Staying hands off during a strike included. Trump’s #1 is Trump.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
Trump eats pizza with a fork.
What else is there to say?

DK2D7i-X0AEVOlK.jpg

JustDeliverIt

I don't believe there is any way would back us should a strike occur. Would it make him feel warm and fuzzy if Amazon got screwed a little, obviously. But Amazon has other avenues. It would be inconvenient, but Amazon would still get stuff delivered. This administration is out for 2 things only. First, Trump. Second, Trump's friends and business partners. Everyone else is just a means to his ends.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
A UPS strike is well below the requirements that a U.S. president has to intervene.
If it had to do with National safety, then yes.
He's not going to force us to eat a bad contract though I'm sure we'll hear about it on his Twitter account.

giphy.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
r u Dave

clean hairy

I don't believe there is any way would back us should a strike occur. Would it make him feel warm and fuzzy if Amazon got screwed a little, obviously. But Amazon has other avenues. It would be inconvenient, but Amazon would still get stuff delivered. This administration is out for 2 things only. First, Trump. Second, Trump's friends and business partners. Everyone else is just a means to his ends.
Although, Amazon would not be able to get stuff delivered wjich is on hold in our system if a strike happened.
Wonder if they would be issuing refunds in that case?

Box Ox

Although, Amazon would not be able to get stuff delivered wjich is on hold in our system if a strike happened.
Wonder if they would be issuing refunds in that case?

Customer service gives you a free month of Prime every time you bitch about a USPS order being late. Which is a $10 value given the new $120 annual cost of Prime.

They'd have to give even more if a strike stalls packages in the system. And it probably would ignite a burning fire within Bezos and give Amazon an excuse to replace competitor delivery services with their own as agressively as possible. Capital spending for it through the roof, etc.

Doesn't mean there shouldn't still be a strike. The Union might be boned without one anyway if a weak contract is pushed through.