Current UPS culture

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Young guys bitch about long hours and then Old guys bitch at them for bitching because when they were younger they had worse working conditions.

Then those same old guys bitch at the younger guys for not getting involved in the Union and protesting/being active in demanding better working conditions.

Not saying it's me, just an observation.....either help the younger generation or don't. But don't bite the hand that's going to be responsible for the future if this company. Just my two cents.
Nobody read to me The Contract. I read it myself. Nobody filed grievances for me, I did. Nobody confronted Management when they were breaking The Contract, I did. Grow up buttercup.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Of course you had some lazy asses in the 80's but these younger people are taking it to another level. I can SOMEWHAT side with them. I mean, my $8 an hour went much further then. These cellphones, computers and video games that warranted a few days of calling in are just freaking mind boggling anymore. Of course I have those things but it doesn't affect my life like it does this new generation because I remember what it was like without them. Much better times then. I live in a neighborhood full of kids but you would never know it. My oh my how times have changed.

OrionsBitch

Not...
Of course you had some lazy asses in the 80's but these younger people are taking it to another level. I can SOMEWHAT side with them. I mean, my $8 an hour went much further then. These cellphones, computers and video games that warranted a few days of calling in are just freaking mind boggling anymore. Of course I have those things but it doesn't affect my life like it does this new generation because I remember what it was like without them. Much better times then. I live in a neighborhood full of kids but you would never know it. My oh my how times have changed.
I agree with tech is ruining society....but I don't understand that in terms of this thread.

OrionsBitch

Not...
All those things I listed contribute you younglings not showing up for work.
Those things you listed might apply to high schoolers who work at their local Pizza Hut. Most guys who take off in our center probably have stuff to do at home. I mean I would agree that tech has made our society much lazier. But to say everyone who falls in the millennials catagory isn't coming into work because they wanted to stay home and play video games is just absurd.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Those things you listed might apply to high schoolers who work at their local Pizza Hut. Most guys who take off in our center probably have stuff to do at home. I mean I would agree that tech has made our society much lazier. But to say everyone who falls in the millennials catagory isn't coming into work because they wanted to stay home and play video games is just absurd.
Not really. I hear it daily in the break room. And they wonder why they can"t pay the bills.

El Correcto

god is dead
My favorite part of the culture is the one where I get paid over a thousand a week to come in and run an easy light load, because if they try to load me down the over time stacks up and I make even more money.

There’s next to nothing they can do about it and my punishment would be reduced to a paid vacation.

Brohn Bron

Young guys bitch about long hours and then Old guys bitch at them for bitching because when they were younger they had worse working conditions.

Then those same old guys bitch at the younger guys for not getting involved in the Union and protesting/being active in demanding better working conditions.

Not saying it's me, just an observation.....either help the younger generation or don't. But don't bite the hand that's going to be responsible for the future if this company. Just my two cents.
My typical experience on BrownCafe is that the older guys bash the guys that welcome 200+ stops and heavy work. Now your saying they cry about young guys not wanting to work? Which is it?!

Old guys be like “back in my day, we had so much work the car kept moving while we delivered” The fact is drivers today deliver more stops on average and work longer hours.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Deliver pizzas more in tips
1528473490718.gif

john chesney

I never had any energy left to bitch about anything. I dragged my carcass in every night went home ate and dropped over in my bed

I'm in year two of this crappy progression and I'm learning the numbers. During pu's if I'm picking up a lot of international s and such I tone it down but please help us young guys since it's looking like we will be protected before the 4 year progression is up.