Current UPS culture

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
The old 700’s your talking about do have a low step. The old 8’s and thousands were nasty. And the side door was about 1/4 narrower, it was a lot harder to get bulk out the side doors. We didn’t have as much bulk when I started, I do remember doing a lot of paper though. Cases and cases of paper everyday to every office it seemed like.

I had a law office on the 2nd floor of an office building had a little antique elevator I would load that sob full of paper hit the button and go up the stairs and unload it

One day I load it extra full burns up the motor about half way up and it stuck there took a couple days to get it going

They tried to get UPS to pay the bill

Bad part was after that I had to 2 wheel that :censored2: up the stairs

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Told some younghead who's up for qualifying later this summer to vote no. He liked at me like he was smoking peyote. Hope the :censored2: never makes full-time and gets stuck in the lower paid hybrid position for ten years.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I don’t rememeber exactly how many stops i averaged 25 years ago, all i know is the job was harder because of the crap equipment, and paper.
We had a lot more freedom though.
I was a swing driver and consequently had a different route everyday. Running blind back then was definitely running blind.

542thruNthru

We had a lot more freedom though.
I was a swing driver and consequently had a different route everyday. Running blind back then was definitely running blind.
source.gif

Foamer Pyle

50 lb weight limit. Even on a heavy industrial route you could walk through the middle of the truck after the first couple deliveries. No NDA, no guaranteed delivery dates. If you don't get it delivered today just try again tomorrow. Customer complaints? If you don't like our service go ship with someone else (post office).
I covered for an industrial route, and that car was jammed every day. When i started, the weight limit was 70 pounds. Yes, the packages were smaller, but they still managed to fill the cars up. I also used to do a residential route 25 years ago that went out with 190 stops every day.

Rack em

Made the Podium
My right shoulder is still friend’d up from driving a non power steering car for 18 years. No cell phones, no gps, had to use a paper map when swing driving. Current generation wouldn’t know how to open a map.
I do too know how to open a map!!! It's the app with the "G" on it on my phone.