Customers Closed, Volume Down

MAKAVELI

Contractors have proprietary rights to Ground volume. There’s no overflow in my area. We are slightly busy, nothing terribly special.
Proprietary rights.
giphy-5.gif

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
We're getting slammed. Worked 9 straight days finishing by 2300 daily.Some days, I'm done my own route by 1800, then hear a neighbor driver still have 140 stops to go...

I had to take today off to catch up on rest.

Some other drivers were retuning to base past midnight, due to poor planning from their BCs /AOs of not applying teamwork to their staff..

Others will just not contact management and return with 30 to 60 stops and do a no call-no show the next day.

One driver just did a self quarantine 2 days ago.

9 days ago, the # of cases were ~ 500... now it's close to 9,000!

It's getting bad, even though there's less road traffic to deal with
Sign that 9.5 list boys!!!

Mutineer

We're getting slammed. Worked 9 straight days finishing by 2300 daily.Some days, I'm done my own route by 1800, then hear a neighbor driver still have 140 stops to go...

I had to take today off to catch up on rest.

Some other drivers were retuning to base past midnight, due to poor planning from their BCs /AOs of not applying teamwork to their staff..

Others will just not contact management and return with 30 to 60 stops and do a no call-no show the next day.

One driver just did a self quarantine 2 days ago.

9 days ago, the # of cases were ~ 500... now it's close to 9,000!

It's getting bad, even though there's less road traffic to deal with

You are unreal. I've read many of your stories of devotion and work ethic while slinging boxes for XG.

I also remember reading of your real estate investments and being a landlord. I'm under the impression that you can afford to take some time off.

XG doesn't remotely deserve you. Instead, you should seriously consider devoting your time to a local charity or a cause that lessens the misery and struggles of those less fortunate or are unable to help themselves.

Purplepackage

Ya it’s called a contract, something you don’t have. There’s a reason they can take all your volume and give it to me. Give me a ring when you get laid off, we’ll have plenty of work.

Why would he call you for work when he can collect 100% of his pay plus 600 extra dollars. It actually pays more to be laid off right now

MAKAVELI

Ya it’s called a contract, something you don’t have. There’s a reason they can take all your volume and give it to me. Give me a ring when you get laid off, we’ll have plenty of work.
There's two reasons they don't give Ground volume to Express. More profitable too keep it in Ground system and the RLA. No matter what you think your contract says, you don't own the package. You have rights to the area you service. Nothing more.

It will be fine

There's two reasons they don't give Ground volume to Express. More profitable too keep it in Ground system and the RLA. No matter what you think your contract says, you don't own the package. You have rights to the area you service. Nothing more.
Rights to all the Ground volume in my area. Of course I don’t own the boxes, that’s idiotic. You clearly have no understanding of how contracts work.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What's this "we" business?

You mean your employees will overwhelmed while you play video games at home.

In the meantime, dream on.

bbsam

Staff member

Rights to all the Ground volume in my area. Of course I don’t own the boxes, that’s idiotic. You clearly have no understanding of how contracts work.
It was pointed out to us that the new contract includes wording that would allow freight to move from Ground to Express.

bacha29

A contract huh? Now can you identify for me the governing legal authority with the power to make that unilaterally drafted and implemented 1 year contract binding upon Fedex Ground?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It was pointed out to us that the new contract includes wording that would allow freight to move from Ground to Express.

So, RLA employees would be moving NLRA freight. Again, the reverse situation of Ground to Express points out the unified nature of the FedEx opcos.

I await Dano's "defense" after he gets off FB.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I have my shovel on standby.

I bought a grain shovel. Hold more manure than a snow shovel. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to get a CAT front-end loader.

Dano will come back with his usual RLA justification nonsense. Count on it. Straight from the MEM playbook.

It's pretty amazing that Fred thinks he can do all of this and that nobody will notice. Big brass balls, a sense of entitlement and privilege, and willing lackeys who spread the Gospel of Lies.

Before Fred goes to Hell, I hope his scam gets dismantled by a skillful team of attorneys who tell him you can't play God with labor laws.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I bought a grain shovel. Hold more manure than a snow shovel. Pretty soon, I'm going to have to get a CAT front-end loader.

Dano will come back with his usual RLA justification nonsense. Count on it. Straight from the MEM playbook.

It's pretty amazing that Fred thinks he can do all of this and that nobody will notice. Big brass balls, a sense of entitlement and privilege, and willing lackeys who spread the Gospel of Lies.

Before Fred goes to Hell, I hope his scam gets dismantled by a skillful team of attorneys who tell him you can't play God with labor laws.
Why don't you take your mail order law degree and take him on yourself. You have no stake in the outcome other than your long-standing hatred for the company.

It would be cathartic.

vantexan

We literally have a worldwide crisis that is threatening to collapse the world economy and you're still railing against FedEx?

bacha29

We literally have a worldwide crisis that is threatening to collapse the world economy and you're still railing against FedEx?
Need an example? Right now FXG so called "independent contractors" who so called "own their own business" have contractor employed drivers delivering in the nation"s COVID 19 "hot spots" with little to no protective gear and no employer sick pay plan , health insurance or life insurance.
Now as our resident corporate apologist tells us your thoughts regardless this reckless act .

bacha29

Can’t FX Corp. write whatever it wants into a contract for Ground?
They have always done so in the past and will continue to do so well into the future. The only recourse contractors have regarding any disputes is by means of a complex arbitration process which is limited in scope and..............guess who reserves the exclusive right to choose the people who comprise the arbitration board?