Customers Closed, Volume Down

cosis

Managing... being there for the prework meeting/stretch and flex, getting overflow drivers into the unload rotation(they hide around the station so they don't have to unload) dunno I guess the stuff in the job description.

ours do this. Guess I should be more appreciative

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Managing... being there for the prework meeting/stretch and flex, getting overflow drivers into the unload rotation(they hide around the station so they don't have to unload) dunno I guess the stuff in the job description.

They stand around and watch the people they hired to do work do the work they were hired to do. Isn't that enough?

59 Dano

Your post gave a bunch of generic information about what appeared to be "saving a station". Maybe you used a different term, but I took it as a brag about how great you were.

I said I turned it around. Big difference, but your "misunderstanding" was unintentional, I'm sure WINK WINK.

Again, I continually mention very specific FedEx operational terms, about which you apparently understand zero. A "manager", even a terrible one, would at least have rudimentary knowledge of operations and operational terminology.

First I was too generic. Then I didn't use the right words. You asked what I did, I told you. Don't know what your obsession with lingo is other than that's all you've got.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I said I turned it around. Big difference, but your "misunderstanding" was unintentional, I'm sure WINK WINK.

First I was too generic. Then I didn't use the right words. You asked what I did, I told you. Don't know what your obsession with lingo is other than that's all you've got.

Everyone who really works at Express is all too familiar with the lingo and common operational terms. It would be nearly impossible to do almost any job in the company without at least knowing what they meant.

Here's one: We're down a 10, and will have to transload the J's to A's so they can fit on a skinny. How many A's do you have,and do you need J's to make it happen?

Greek to you.

59 Dano

Everyone who really works at Express is all too familiar with the lingo and common operational terms. It would be nearly impossible to do almost any job in the company without at least knowing what they meant.

Get over yourself. You don't need lingo to change route boundaries. You don't need lingo to issue a warning letter for leaving stops behind without permission. You don't need acronyms to go on a check ride with a swing in order to set a route's goals. You don't need tons of lingo to assign employees to a QDM team to fix an issue on the sort. And so forth.

But it's good to hear the person who could never do it tell other people who have done it what it takes to do it.

Here's one: We're down a 10, and will have to transload the J's to A's so they can fit on a skinny. How many A's do you have,and do you need J's to make it happen?

Greek to you.

A 10 is probably a type of plane. MD-10 would be my guess. The J is probably an AMJ. Guessing the A is an AYY (we called them demis). Guessing the skinny is a narrow bodied plane, like the 320 or 757. Do I need to know any of that to change a route to issue a documented verbal counseling for late pickups?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Get over yourself. You don't need lingo to change route boundaries. You don't need lingo to issue a warning letter for leaving stops behind without permission. You don't need acronyms to go on a check ride with a swing in order to set a route's goals. You don't need tons of lingo to assign employees to a QDM team to fix an issue on the sort. And so forth.

But it's good to hear the person who could never do it tell other people who have done it what it takes to do it.

A 10 is probably a type of plane. MD-10 would be my guess. The J is probably an AMJ. Guessing the A is an AYY (we called them demis). Guessing the skinny is a narrow bodied plane, like the 320 or 757. Do I need to know any of that to change a route to issue a documented verbal counseling for late pickups?

Wow. You're finally using FedEx terminology. Did you have a magic helper? QDM aka Q-Dumb is worthless. You did well on my scenario though.

You are using management terms now, but you say you're not a manager.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx doesn't have A320's. It is, however, a narrow body, so you're half right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

And I'm sure you automatically assume it would be the couriers fault, never because they were over dispatched, heaven forbid.

MassWineGuy

Omg! Will you children PLEASE stop bickering over b.s.?

So, today our area Fedex Office stores changed closing time to 6 pm. And all drop boxes picked up after 6 were changed to 6 pm last pickup. My station seems pretty busy so I’m unsure why these changes were made.

And by the way, my manager works her butt off ever night at sort.

whenIgetthere

So, today our area Fedex Office stores changed closing time to 6 pm. And all drop boxes picked up after 6 were changed to 6 pm last pickup. My station seems pretty busy so I’m unsure why these changes were made.

Changes could be made for positive pulls, or forecast a lower outbound.

Serf

Same here. Drop boxes 1800. All PM Routes start times pushed back 15-45 minutes a day. Day routes slightly lighter.

59 Dano

Wow. You're finally using FedEx terminology. Did you have a magic helper? QDM aka Q-Dumb is worthless. You did well on my scenario though.

You are using management terms now, but you say you're not a manager.

Not an ops manager, no. Used to be an ops manager, yes. For someone who goes out of his way to parse every syllable of my posts, you tend to miss a lot.

AB831

Same here. Drop boxes 1800. All PM Routes start times pushed back 15-45 minutes a day. Day routes slightly lighter.

What's the rationale for moving back the start times for PM routes? I don't really see how that does much of anything except make it harder to make service.

McFeely

Huge Member
What's the rationale for moving back the start times for PM routes? I don't really see how that does much of anything except make it harder to make service.

I would assume that less businesses open for pickups would mean less time needed to run those pickup routes.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I would assume that less businesses open for pickups would mean less time needed to run those pickup routes.

What Cactus said and also they think it will make you move faster thus SPH go up.
Oops. I meant McFeely. Lol.