Customers Closed, Volume Down

Bingo

In Florida we have a few businesses closed. However the residential deliveries have skyrocked. Had close to 8 hours days every day. Have been asked to come in on my off day.

MassWineGuy

To Express drivers: Are you considering taking sick leave/vacation time to stay home for a week or two? I’m thinking about it. On my route I see a lot of people but don’t get very close. At the station it’s a lot more crowded.

Serf

To Express drivers: Are you considering taking sick leave/vacation time to stay home for a week or two? I’m thinking about it. On my route I see a lot of people but don’t get very close. At the station it’s a lot more crowded.
Actually the opposite. I’m waiting for folks to do that or simply bang out so I can fill in and work more.

Serf

Chinese dude eats an infected bat and a few weeks later the Surveillance State has all the pretext it needs to go the full Big Brother on everyone. Or was this a deliberate bio weapon? What is the consequence for initial mishandling and negligence by China?

McFeely

Huge Member

I still have some vacation time on the books to use before the end of May, but I'm not planning on using sick time unless I actually am sick.

I'm signing up for OT shifts where I can right now, because who knows when the OT will dry up. Trying to fatten my bank account as much as possible to ride this out.

SmithBarney

I have a rural route with limited human contact, the biggest problem is co-workers, we have several who are "sick" coughing all over the place. Managers who just shrug and say "wash your hands?" I come in after the sort is done to limit exposure, lysol the whole truck.

EDIT: BTW my DEL volume is steady, have one PUP that is filling my truck each night 150+ pieces(that's about 3x my delivery count) They anticipate 1000+ next week, I'll have to call in another truck to help out.

HedleyLamarr

Gateway Pundit. Far Right site. Very predictable article.

S Korea tracked Corona victims cell phones and have credited it to their ability to significantly slow down the spread of the virus. Believe me, if S Korea did it and had success, our government will definitely look into it even if the major media sources aren't reporting it yet.

HedleyLamarr

Nope. There is a real advantage to being a late starter during this mess. Only 2 other couriers clock in when I do, and by the time I get my truck vanned in and organized, the sort has finished. I really don't get that close to anyone at the station or on road with signature requirements being suspended.

newgirl

Even before CV I was very careful about germ spreading. I load a bunch of trucks so I will don some gloves when I get my yearly cold. I make sure everyone knows, including my customers, so they can adjust accordingly. But hearing that the virus can live 24 hrs on cardboard and 72 on plastic and stainless steel--all hygienic measures seem futile. Spring break is over where I am--tomorrow should be interesting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I have a rural route with limited human contact, the biggest problem is co-workers, we have several who are "sick" coughing all over the place. Managers who just shrug and say "wash your hands?" I come in after the sort is done to limit exposure, lysol the whole truck.
Just wait until one of the managers gets sick. They'll be singing a different tune for sure.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Shills are considered essential personnel by Memphis. How else are you going to spread rainbow pony stories about how great FedEx is?

I've never said that FedEx is great, let alone gotten paid for it.

You, OTOH, spent hour after hour after hour after hour tilting at windmills while you worked at FedEx, and continue to spend countless hours doing the same after your claimed exit from FedEx.

Kind of interesting that a person would spend that much time making a fool of himself for free when he could do something meaningful and productive and make good money at it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I've never said that FedEx is great, let alone gotten paid for it.

You, OTOH, spent hour after hour after hour after hour tilting at windmills while you worked at FedEx, and continue to spend countless hours doing the same after your claimed exit from FedEx.

Kind of interesting that a person would spend that much time making a fool of himself for free when he could do something meaningful and productive and make good money at it.

Once again, Dano. Please explain to us how you saved the station, NOT using generic management hype, but FedEx specific terminology that would prove you actually know something about Operations.

So far, you've given no evidence you're nothing but a shill, and a shill/troll/bot can be anywhere. Doesn't have to be MEM.