cutting back at our center now

Bottom 4 guys were pushed from full time back to part time, and no more saturday overtime for full timers and no more overtime for regular work day full timers.

tunemixer

Man we are as busy now as we were just before peak. I punched out at 740 tonight and there were still about 10 drives out. We are running about 50 routes. We could use the temps if they were avalible. Its ahrd to believe times are tough when we look into the back of our trucks every morning. We have NOT had any layoffs. At least with drivers.

tunemixer

Update. Yesterday our center manger asked if anybody wanted to take extra time off WITHOUT pay through March.He said he had hoped to avoid layoffs. Volume is still good looks like we just got a huge account back.
I still have a week in march and two single days to use. I don't want any extra time witout pay. I will be taking lots of time off from the 1 of May when we start over through Oct. My last 50 weeks starting next Tuesday.

Limper

Out For Delivery
***Warning***
If your Center Manager comes to you and asks if you want, say, the last
week of January off with or without pay, be very careful. He is in effect choosing your vacation week for you!

david cassin

dublinbrown
our drivers and ourselves in brokerage got a pcm to see if you wanted to take time off at your own expense between now and march i think it was.unfortunately with a 22 1/2 year mortgage i won't be taking up the offer,i am not paid that well.

tell your centre manager talk to my union rep as i am not going to be intimitated.

david cassin

dublinbrown
we have cut back on our security,we had monday to fri 19.00 to 9am the next day and 24 hr security for the weekends,now we wil only have security on weekends ..

david cassin

dublinbrown
and so would the local robbers.touch wood no probs here since we moved 7 or 8 years ago.more robbing went on with sorting staff than outside,apple ipods etc..but i think too that has quietened down.