Dana White posts video of FedEx worker throwing packages into truck in NYC

bacha29

@bacha29 wanted to make a political statement and virtue signal because he doesn’t like Dana White’s politics. Has nothing to do with anything else that’s just how petty he is.
Wrong., It has nothing to do with politics. That guy on the truck had no quarrel with Dana White. He was doing the best he could with the equipment he was issued and production terms that applied Therefore, it was none of Dana White's business what the guy was doing. Instead what he saw was the opportunity to play up to his fan base at someone else's expense.

Being that you're so much smarter than me it's disappointing that you failed to see what White's motives were. When he rode by in the back of his limo rather than to ridicule the guy on the truck he should have been grateful for the people who for whatever reason continue to purchase his entertainment. But fame is fleeting and no viewership means no TV bucks and he has clearly demonstrated that there is no level too low for him to stoop to in order to maintain enough of a viewership to keep the dollars flowing his way.

Thebrownblob

Wrong., It has nothing to do with politics. That guy on the truck had no quarrel with Dana White. He was doing the best he could with the equipment he was issued and production terms that applied Therefore, it was none of Dana White's business what the guy was doing. Instead what he saw was the opportunity to play up to his fan base at someone else's expense.

Being that you're so much smarter than me it's disappointing that you failed to see what White's motives were. When he rode by in the back of his limo rather than to ridicule the guy on the truck he should have been grateful for the people who for whatever reason continue to purchase his entertainment. But fame is fleeting and no viewership means no TV bucks and he has clearly demonstrated that there is no level too low for him to stoop to in order to maintain enough of a viewership to keep the dollars flowing his way.
Oh

bacha29

Everything you just said is irrelevant to the fact that violating FedEx's policies is grounds for termination.
And identifying when those violations have occurred and compiling the evidence supporting their claim of violation is the sole responsibility of the Fedex not an outside third party with an entirely self serving agenda as you have here in the case involving Dana White.

This further demonstrates the profound difference between Express and UPS blue collar workforce. The UPS workforce lobbied hard for the passage of pro labor legislation and took full advantage of that legislation. Fedex employees on the other hand had little to no real knowledge when it came to it's rights under US labor law instead trusted the fatherly advice and direction of Fat Freddy. And what did it get them? Just look around and see where they're at today. How did that work out for them?

Thebrownblob

And identifying when those violations have occurred and compiling the evidence supporting their claim of violation is the sole responsibility of the Fedex not an outside third party with an entirely self serving agenda as you have here in the case involving Dana White.

This further demonstrates the profound difference between Express and UPS blue collar workforce. The UPS workforce lobbied hard for the passage of pro labor legislation and took full advantage of that legislation. Fedex employees on the other hand had little to no real knowledge when it came to it's rights under US labor law instead trusted the fatherly advice and direction of Fat Freddy. And what did it get them? Just look around and see where they're at today. How did that work out for them?
In your ignorance, you failed to realize that a UPS driver can be fired for the exact same thing… maybe not the first time but try it twice and see what happens. And even the first time can cost you a couple months of pay.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
None of you guys are lawyers and neither am I BUT here you have a very wealthy man who had zero interest economic or otherwise in what that worker was doing.
White's wealth is irrelevant.
No shortage of civil rights attorneys out there who might want to have a go at it considering Mr. White's personal wealth.
This is stupid and then some.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"The Court also ruled, though, that anything that a person knowingly exposes to the public, regardless of location, is not protected by the Fourth Amendment. A person must keep something private for the Fourth Amendment to apply." https://www.lawshelf.com/shortvideoscontentview/reasonable-expectation-of-privacy

There is no reasonable expectation of privacy on a public roadway. Your rationale is totally erroneous.
Using logic and reasoning when explaining something to bacha only makes him come up with something even more nonsensical.

bacha29

In your ignorance, you failed to realize that a UPS driver can be fired for the exact same thing… maybe not the first time but try it twice and see what happens. And even the first time can cost you a couple months of pay.
You're still deflecting. It's the responsibility of the employer to independently acquire the evidence needed in order to pursue disciplinary action. And in the case of Dana White the videotape he produced should not be considered admissible given two facts that exist.
1. White is a third party with no vested interest in the operations of FDX.
2. White is a businessman who both he and his company are in the business of promoting a
form of profit generating entertainment. Therefore his videotape is without question tainted
and biased toward his personal self interest.

I don't know the extent which you are involved in the Teamsters but this is an issue that should have
been addressed in contract negotiations. That being when can third party evidence compiled by a
individual not in any connected to the company be used to discipline a Teamster member.....and
when can it not be used?

Thebrownblob

You're still deflecting. It's the responsibility of the employer to independently acquire the evidence needed in order to pursue disciplinary action. And in the case of Dana White the videotape he produced should not be considered admissible given two facts that exist.
1. White is a third party with no vested interest in the operations of FDX.
2. White is a businessman who both he and his company are in the business of promoting a
form of profit generating entertainment. Therefore his videotape is without question tainted
and biased toward his personal self interest.

I don't know the extent which you are involved in the Teamsters but this is an issue that should have
been addressed in contract negotiations. That being when can third party evidence compiled by a
individual not in any connected to the company be used to discipline a Teamster member.....and
when can it not be used?
I’m not deflecting. The company is under no obligation to do that. And I’m pretty involved dude lol

bacha29

I’m not deflecting. The company is under no obligation to do that. And I’m pretty involved dude lol
Obligated by who? And again was the question of videotaping actions and events involving UPS labor group employees compiled by third party individuals including people such as Dana White who had a clear cut undisputed self serving reason to do so and was his only reason for doing so ever addressed during your last contract negotiations?

If it wasn't then they damn well better get an addendum added to the contract describing in clear detail and under what circumstances third party compiled evidence can be used to support disciplinary action against one of your fellow Teamster brothers.....and do it now because this won't be the last time you see something like this happen.

Thebrownblob

Obligated by who? And again was the question of videotaping actions and events involving UPS labor group employees compiled by third party individuals including people such as Dana White who had a clear cut undisputed self serving reason to do so and was his only reason for doing so ever addressed during your last contract negotiations?

If it wasn't then they damn well better get an addendum added to the contract describing in clear detail and under what circumstances third party compiled evidence can be used to support disciplinary action against one of your fellow Teamster brothers.....and do it now because this won't be the last time you see something like this happen.
You love to hear the sound of your voice don’t you? Your level. of ignorance Your displaying here, is extreme even for you.

Customers pay for shipping and handling. UPS Pays the UPS drivers most of which are represented by Teamsters. We are paid to handle those packages appropriately and according to the UPS policies and methods. Many times customers send videos of drivers miss handling packages.. while not an instant termination it can lead to discipline and the company doesn’t really have to do any more investigating them watching the video.

We get paid by the hour and we get paid pretty well to do it properly It’s no big deal to me if it takes me two hours to do that stop. I’ll just call them and tell them I’m behind..

bacha29

You love to hear the sound of your voice don’t you? Your level. of ignorance Your displaying here, is extreme even for you.

Customers pay for shipping and handling. UPS Pays the UPS drivers most of which are represented by Teamsters. We are paid to handle those packages appropriately and according to the UPS policies and methods. Many times customers send videos of drivers miss handling packages.. while not an instant termination it can lead to discipline and the company doesn’t really have to do any more investigating them watching the video.

We get paid by the hour and we get paid pretty well to do it properly It’s no big deal to me if it takes me two hours to do that stop. I’ll just call them and tell them I’m behind..
And as we saw with the White video FDX employees whether direct company or contractor employed have zero workplace rights. As a result....they have nothing
There is undeniably an elevated level of public envy and disdain for UPS drivers due to their new contract whereby you add in the total economic value of their wages and benefits it places them deep into the 100K+ category. The result will no doubt be incidents similar to the White matter whereby somebody with an ax to grind sets out to film, photograph or records conversations involving UPS drivers.

Can't do anything for the FDX people but your union needs to get on this matter right now and prepare for the day when it has to step up and defend charges against one or more of it's members based on suspect evidence provided by little people who want to be big people by get back at a stranger they're jealous of.

Thebrownblob

And as we saw with the White video FDX employees whether direct company or contractor employed have zero workplace rights. As a result....they have nothing
There is undeniably an elevated level of public envy and disdain for UPS drivers due to their new contract whereby you add in the total economic value of their wages and benefits it places them deep into the 100K+ category. The result will no doubt be incidents similar to the White matter whereby somebody with an ax to grind sets out to film, photograph or records conversations involving UPS drivers.

Can't do anything for the FDX people but your union needs to get on this matter right now and prepare for the day when it has to step up and defend charges against one or more of it's members based on suspect evidence provided by little people who want to be big people by get back at a stranger they're jealous of.
We do step up all the time, we tell them to do the job correctly. We can’t get fired for production numbers. Willfully mishandling and damaging customers packages is not really something you can defend.

But I’ll forward your concerns to the international and let them know that you could certainly do a much better job than them😂

1715631502190.gif

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fast Freddy has created this non caring employee by exploiting the contractor system to deliver as cheaply as humanly possible. This merger is gonna be the greatest clown show of all time.
100% accurate!

Fat Freddy who always has champagne taste while imposing beer budgets on contractors to pay the slave help cheaply. He’s too arrogant to understand that you get (or don’t get) what you pay for.