Dana White posts video of FedEx worker throwing packages into truck in NYC

bacha29

We do step up all the time, we tell them to do the job correctly. We can’t get fired for production numbers. Willfully mishandling and damaging customers packages is not really something you can defend.

But I’ll forward your concerns to the international and let them know that you could certainly do a much better job than them😂
Wrong. I never said that . But, what I'm pointing to is the need for the International to look at the White incident and develop a protocol for the inevitable day when somebody out of sheer envy or some other personal agenda sets out to fabricate evidence that could unjustly harm the interests of a UPS brown shirt.

White as I said earlier is a shameless self promotor and a Don King/Vince Mc Mahon wannabe who has proven that he will stop at nothing to fatten his own bank account.

Thebrownblob

Wrong. I never said that . But, what I'm pointing to is the need for the International to look at the White incident and develop a protocol for the inevitable day when somebody out of sheer envy or some other personal agenda sets out to fabricate evidence that could unjustly harm the interests of a UPS brown shirt.

White as I said earlier is a shameless self promotor and a Don King/Vince Mc Mahon wannabe who has proven that he will stop at nothing to fatten his own bank account.
Again, who cares who White is it could’ve been anyone who videoed that if it’s got back to the company that driver would be receiving some discipline.

There’s no protocol necessary just don’t do it. It’s pretty simple if Mr. White had filmed him placing the packages on the truck and then climbing in and loading them one at a time nothing would’ve happened. And actually, that’s not a professional driver that’s an embarrassment, and we have a place that they can work. Not UPS. It’s called FedEx.

bacha29

Again, who cares who White is it could’ve been anyone who videoed that if it’s got back to the company that driver would be receiving some discipline.

There’s no protocol necessary just don’t do it. It’s pretty simple if Mr. White had filmed him placing the packages on the truck and then climbing in and loading them one at a time nothing would’ve happened. And actually, that’s not a professional driver that’s an embarrassment, and we have a place that they can work. Not UPS. It’s called FedEx.
I see UPS and the Teamsters and it's members in your opinion can do no wrong. And BTW how many times did UPS send you out in a box truck to do ground level pickups? And if left to spend all day long climbing up over the Jane Mansfield bar carrying boxes one at a time from the back to the front of that 20 foot (or perhaps it was a 26 foot box) you would have run to your shop steward demanding that a grievance be filed.

Thebrownblob

I see UPS and the Teamsters and it's members in your opinion can do no wrong. And BTW how many times did UPS send you out in a box truck to do ground level pickups? And if left to spend all day long climbing up over the Jane Mansfield bar carrying boxes one at a time from the back to the front of that 20 foot (or perhaps it was a 26 foot box) you would have run to your shop steward demanding that a grievance be filed.
Yes, they’ve done it before and it’s hilarious if they set me up to fail, I will never let them down. I’ll do the job safely and handle the packages properly. And get paid boatload of money to do so. 😉What would I be filing a grievance on?

bacha29

Yes, they’ve done it before and it’s hilarious if they set me up to fail, I will never let them down. I’ll do the job safely and handle the packages properly. And get paid boatload of money to do so. 😉What would I be filing a grievance on?
And you still met your daily production numbers doing it this way? After all they've got you measured right down to the very stop. If so then you were literally running from one end of the truck to the other but being the good company man you are, having graduated with honors from the UPS Mind Control And Reeducation Academy , one would expect nothing less.

Thebrownblob

And you still met your daily production numbers doing it this way? After all they've got you measured right down to the very stop. If so then you were literally running from one end of the truck to the other but being the good company man you are, having graduated with honors from the UPS Mind Control And Reeducation Academy , one would expect nothing less.
I don’t have any daily production numbers. I get paid to do a fair days pay for a fair days work. It’s the companies responsibility to provide me with the tools and equipment necessary to do so if they don’t, I can only do what I can do. They can take their numbers and shove them where the sun don’t shine 😛

Because the kids now a days didn’t get Foreman-Ali, Hagler-Hearns, Delahoya-Chavez, heck, even Tyson-Holyfield.
Kinda. You're talking about maybe a dozen and a half fights over a few decades. UFC has something every couple of weeks and there's just a lot more to the action. If there were still legitimate prize fighters taking legitimate prize fights, they would also be watched, but the kind of fights you're talking about only happened a handful of times a decade.

FedupExpress

Yep, there’s really no defense for handling packages like that. Not acting holier than thou because we’ve all done it, but we all understood that if you’re on video doing it, you might have a problem.
Yes, I never threw a package in front of a customer... That's common sense , there are cameras everywhere. He's just an idiot. Go down to the ramp at LAX (all they do is throw/slam packages 24/7).

Guitarman01

I will say it wasn't too cool posting that video knowing exactly what was going to happen to that employee. That's almost the equivalent of being a snitch.
Judging by where he was at and the size of that truck, I'm sure he delt with a lot of heavy volume and bs on a daily basis. For what they were probably paying the guy, especially contracted out, did they really expect a higher standard? In fact I thought they were moving more in that direction than away from it.

On a side note just saw something funny on Reddit. This ground driver gets unmanifested or unvanned pkgs every day and his serious question was should I just donate them to charity? Wow.

Last edited:

vantexan

What does that have to do with an employee clearly violating company policy?

fdxsux

Yes, I never threw a package in front of a customer... That's common sense , there are cameras everywhere. He's just an idiot. Go down to the ramp at LAX (all they do is throw/slam packages 24/7).
He’s not an idiot. He just doesn’t care. He doesn’t get paid very much so he just doesn’t care. If he gets fired I’m guessing he won’t care either.

Vin71

Kinda. You're talking about maybe a dozen and a half fights over a few decades. UFC has something every couple of weeks and there's just a lot more to the action. If there were still legitimate prize fighters taking legitimate prize fights, they would also be watched, but the kind of fights you're talking about only happened a handful of times a decade.
Eh, maybe I just remember so many good fighters. I’d always tune in to watch. Not necessarily all time great match ups. We had some good ones.

bacha29

I will say it wasn't too cool posting that video knowing exactly what was going to happen to that employee. That's almost the equivalent of being a snitch.
Judging by where he was at and the size of that truck, I'm sure he delt with a lot of heavy volume and bs on a daily basis. For what they were probably paying the guy, especially contracted out, did they really expect a higher standard? In fact I thought they were moving more in that direction than away from it.

On a side note just saw something funny on Reddit. This ground driver gets unmanifested or unvanned pkgs every day and his serious question was should I just donate them to charity? Wow.
If the worker rather than to do without an income he might just instead find himself a good civil rights attorney and there's a good number of them out there. If he does and the attorney sees a case, files suit and the court grants it standing then it's away we go and Mr. White might just discover that he would have been better off simply minding his own business and left the worker alone.

Thebrownblob

If the worker rather than to do without an income he might just instead find himself a good civil rights attorney and there's a good number of them out there. If he does and the attorney sees a case, files suit and the court grants it standing then it's away we go and Mr. White might just discover that he would have been better off simply minding his own business and left the worker alone.
Lol yeah I’m sure that’ll happen. What civil right did he violate? Hurt feelings?