DANO we got a problem. U promised

fedx

Extra Large Package
OK: Yes, let's war game a situation that is ridiculous and would never happen. Let's spend our time doing that. I'm sure it'd be productive.

First off, people aren't going to walk off the job. They will instantly be fired for insubordination. People may say they would, but when it came down to the moment to actually walk, they won't. You might get 2-5% that might walk, but not 30% needed to make an impact. Floridays thinks he has the answer to make FedEx fold. They won't fold. They will just tell those people that walked off "you're fired." They won't play games. If you want to walk off, you have to first have a union and then a vote to strike. Doing anything without a union will just get you fired.

floridays

First off, people aren't going to walk off the job. They will instantly be fired insubordination. People may say they would, but when it came down to the moment to actually walk, they won't. Floridays thinks he has the answer to make FedEx fold. They won't fold. They will just tell those people that walked off "you're fired." They won't play games. If you want to walk off, you have to first have a union and then a vote to strike. Doing anything without a union will just get you fired.
Floridays knows the exact way to make Fedex fold and @59 Dano knows I am correct. You sir think you know something but you don't.

For your edification, no one walks on Fedex airport property without a employee badge with FBI clearance (TSA). Every employee does not have access to the ramps or hubs. Some jobs at the ramps or hubs require certain skills and qualifications, they cannot be satisfied in the course of a few shifts or a few days.

To be frank with you, without being an :censored2:, I've been around longer than you, involved in more aspects of the company. There is only one way to get their attention and be successful.

I told you the only way.

Do your facebook social circle jerk, you'll never produce a vote.
Do it my way, the only way and Fedex will deal with you. They have no alternative.
Show me where I am incorrect or misguided @59 Dano.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
C9B257ED-5299-487B-AE10-98DC439FBFCA.jpeg

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It will.
An aircraft arrives, 30% of the offload crew refuses to offload, how can they, they are in the parking lot.
A minute and a half later another aircraft lands.

30% of the offload teams are still in the parking lot, 30% of the handlers are in the lot with them.
You're the smart guy, exactly how would you deal with this.
You're paid big bucks exactly for this type of situation, your job is on the line.
What does @59 Dano do?

I laugh and await the next ridiculous scenario that you've dreamt up.

59 Dano

Doubtful Fred, It's my passion, well one of them.
At times an ass just may be the best weapon, if sat upon.
You have to understand the battlefield first, sat upon asses beat any knife or gun in this instance. Lotta non thinkers.
@59 Dano , what do you say about this?

Well, you got the "have to understand the battlefield" part. The rest is gibberish.

59 Dano

First off, people aren't going to walk off the job. They will instantly be fired for insubordination.

It would depend on how many walked vs how much of a problem a walk-off would cause. If it didn't cause any real operational issues, they get fired. If it does cause significant operational issues, you "investigate" it until you have adequate staffing, then fire them at the end of the "investigation."

People may say they would, but when it came down to the moment to actually walk, they won't. You might get 2-5% that might walk, but not 30% needed to make an impact.

Exactly.

floridays

Well, you got the "have to understand the battlefield" part. The rest is gibberish.
You understand I'm not asking you these questions because I think you are an authority, I see you constantly avoid the meat
It would depend on how many walked vs how much of a problem a walk-off would cause. If it didn't cause any real operational issues, they get fired. If it does cause significant operational issues, you "investigate" it until you have adequate staffing, then fire them at the end of the "investigation."

Exactly.
Everything you posted is not feasible in today's climate, you know that as well as I do.

There are operational issues each day, exactly why are wdl's acceptable, why is the guarantee waived? You can' hide behind the China virus, Fedex was deemed essential, you saw what closing Newark did, by company edict.
Exactly what is the outcome if 30% of the employees shut down Memphis? That flu will travel to Indy and Oakland in the time span of one short call.

If there are only two people on this board that know the truth of what I say it is me and you. You have a vested interest in seeing no union, a union will not change my life one bit.

Each hub is currently understaffed, Indy and Memphis are going through drastic measures just to keep the operation at current service levels, which are failure levels.
I've already stated it won't happen, that trying to line up Express employees was like herding cats, it will be to their detriment.

I've made mine, it will not help me, exactly what is the next Corporate lie after this ripe season to attack is over?

Fedex worker's are fool's, no damned fool's, they're damning themselves however.

What is the next lie, they already served the pay progression hook and it was swallowed and taken to the bottom of the lake.
What's next, "We really mean it this time."

What's the next lie?

AB831

You’re absolutely right. More than likely whatever “walkout” people would actually be able to stage without a union protecting them would only have the impact of annoying management for a day, and would ultimately end up only costing the offenders their jobs and nothing else.

floridays

You’re absolutely right. More than likely whatever “walkout” people would actually be able to stage without a union protecting them would only have the impact of annoying management for a day, and would ultimately end up only costing the offenders their jobs and nothing else.
He is exactly wrong.
He is laughing that you would believe the fertilizer he peddled you.

59 Dano

You understand I'm not asking you these questions because I think you are an authority, I see you constantly avoid the meat

Everything you posted is not feasible in today's climate, you know that as well as I do.

Everything I posted is accurate.

If there are only two people on this board that know the truth of what I say it is me and you. You have a vested interest in seeing no union, a union will not change my life one bit.

Doesn't make a bit of difference to me either way. Unionization of couriers means that they hire more casuals, replace FT positions with PT positions, and defer more freight to Ground when possible. None of that has any effect on me. At the very worst, some people with seniority over me - which is just about everyone - get buyouts, duties are reassigned and positions are reclassified, and I end up with in a new position with plenty on my plate.

Again.

floridays

Everything I posted is accurate.

Doesn't make a bit of difference to me either way. Unionization of couriers means that they hire more casuals, replace FT positions with PT positions, and defer more freight to Ground when possible. None of that has any effect on me. At the very worst, some people with seniority over me - which is just about everyone - get buyouts, duties are reassigned and positions are reclassified, and I end up with in a new position with plenty on my plate.

Again.
I didn't mention couriers, I told them to sit it out, let the airport folks bring them to their knees.

It will make a difference to you. I see you never managed anything in a union shop, under a contract.

59 Dano

I didn't mention couriers, I told them to sit it out, let the airport folks bring them to their knees.

It will make a difference to you. I see you never managed anything in a union shop, under a contract.

What will make a difference to me? Your imagined scenario???

floridays

What will make a difference to me? Your imagined scenario???
I imagine no scenario, I laid out a blueprint to break Fedex's back to force a vote.

Take a walk to the UPS side of the board, see exactly what power their sups have ,it's not what you wield. I've been on both sides, either you haven't or you are not willing to relay how your hands will be tied, by contract, not whims of HR or directors or operational needs. I have probably circled the block a couple of times before your parents said "It's a boy."

I did not begin at Fedex, I did not crawl back to Fedex.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Floridays knows the exact way to make Fedex fold and @59 Dano knows I am correct. You sir think you know something but you don't.

For your edification, no one walks on Fedex airport property without a employee badge with FBI clearance (TSA). Every employee does not have access to the ramps or hubs. Some jobs at the ramps or hubs require certain skills and qualifications, they cannot be satisfied in the course of a few shifts or a few days.

To be frank with you, without being an :censored2:, I've been around longer than you, involved in more aspects of the company. There is only one way to get their attention and be successful.

I told you the only way.

Do your facebook social circle jerk, you'll never produce a vote.
Do it my way, the only way and Fedex will deal with you. They have no alternative.
Show me where I am incorrect or misguided @59 Dano.

I know about ramps because I work at one. I know you think people can strong arm the company by threatening to walk unless they get a raise. FedEx will not submit to those kind of tactics. I guarantee you they would fire them on the spot. Besides, like I said, you won't be able to get 30% of the workers to agree to walk.

So how about you prove me and everyone else wrong and have your walk off at your particular ramp and then let us know how that goes for ya. I'll bet you $5 you'll be "pursuing other interests" before the end of your shift. If you're talking about getting 30% to walk off at all the ramps, then you might as well get them to sign a union card to hold an election. That would be more productive.

vantexan

I imagine no scenario, I laid out a blueprint to break Fedex's back to force a vote.

Take a walk to the UPS side of the board, see exactly what power their sups have ,it's not what you wield. I've been on both sides, either you haven't or you are not willing to relay how your hands will be tied, by contract, not whims of HR or directors or operational needs. I have probably circled the block a couple of times before your parents said "It's a boy."

I did not begin at Fedex, I did not crawl back to Fedex.
The thing is what are they unionizing for? Is the new pay plan adequate? If not can FedEx pay better? Would these issues go away if FedEx would stick to the pay plan and actually top people out in 9 years? If it's all smoke and mirrors and they have no intention to stick to the plan then figure out how to bring things to a halt like you said. But be careful what you wish for because FedEx may very well employ the tactics Dano put forth. If I were in my 20's and had heard about all the past issues and it was looking like more of the same then I'd go into trucking or whatever that paid decent. Without a traditional pension wouldn't be worth it to be strung along with crap pay for the next 35-40 years.

floridays

I know about ramps because I work at one. I know you think people can strong arm the company by threatening to walk unless they get a raise. FedEx will not submit to those kind of tactics. I guarantee you they would fire them on the spot. Besides, like I said, you won't be able to get 30% of the workers to agree to walk.

So how about you prove me and everyone else wrong and have your walk off at your particular ramp and then let us know how that goes for ya. I'll bet you $5 you'll be "pursuing other interests" before the end of your shift. If you're talking about getting 30% to walk off at all the ramps, then you might as well get them to sign a union card to hold an election. That would be more productive.
I don't work at a ramp, I don't work at a hub, I don't deliver boxes, I do know a lot more than you, even more than you think you know.
Your particular ramp could sit on their ass and suck Fedex's biggun if only Memphis and Indy, scratch Indy, not needed, and act like you are heroes.
You have no understanding of the operation and exactly what time means to the operation. Believe @59 Dano if you choose.

Ask him one question, I did, no response.
The question, How long till the flight crew times out?
Another question to ask
What does a two hour sort delay cause.

A larger Question, exactly what happens if sort does not go down for only one day.

He will not answer these questions, he knows the answer, precisely the reason he will not answer them. Fedex loses their leverage, on one sort.

A question for you, you're a ramp rat, what time must your flight or flights block to have a chance for service?

Use your head, think for yourself. Think beyond your own backyard, with out the hub (s) timely meeting if even meeting block in, your backyard has no swingset.

Fedex has hired the mentally deficient or those that don't care for their families best prospects, this perfect time may never present itself again.

@59 Dano , herding cats again, give them a company lie.

vantexan

I don't work at a ramp, I don't work at a hub, I don't deliver boxes, I do know a lot more than you, even more than you think you know.
Your particular ramp could sit on their ass and suck Fedex's biggun if only Memphis and Indy, scratch Indy, not needed, and act like you are heroes.
You have no understanding of the operation and exactly what time means to the operation. Believe @59 Dano if you choose.

Ask him one question, I did, no response.
The question, How long till the flight crew times out?
Another question to ask
What does a two hour sort delay cause.

A larger Question, exactly what happens if sort does not go down for only one day.

He will not answer these questions, he knows the answer, precisely the reason he will not answer them. Fedex loses their leverage, on one sort.

A question for you, you're a ramp rat, what time must your flight or flights block to have a chance for service?

Use your head, think for yourself. Think beyond your own backyard, with out the hub (s) timely meeting if even meeting block in, your backyard has no swingset.

Fedex has hired the mentally deficient or those that don't care for their families best prospects, this perfect time may never present itself again.

@59 Dano , herding cats again, give them a company lie.
The other question is has FedEx thought out the what ifs and if so do they have contingency plans in place to handle such a scenario? Would be surprising that they've never considered the possibility and don't have plans in place to get the freight out.