DANO we got a problem. U promised

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
They don't have to threaten. Just a large percentage has to quit and work for a competitor. It just happened in Indy and Memphis. Now both Hubs have a nice raise.

The hub employees should send notes of thanks to the idiots who left to take a jobs that are mind-numbingly simple and are managed by slave drivers so that those who didn't quit could get a nice temporary (for now, at least) bump in pay and keep their seniority at a job that's not as hard.

MAKAVELI

The hub employees should send notes of thanks to the idiots who left to take a jobs that are mind-numbingly simple and are managed by slave drivers so that those who didn't quit could get a nice temporary (for now, at least) bump in pay and keep their seniority at a job that's not as hard.
At least they'd build some work ethic for future jobs. Stay at FedEx and all they'd learn is there's definitely better out there for them

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
At least they'd build some work ethic for future jobs. Stay at FedEx and all they'd learn is there's definitely better out there for them

If there's a way to spin a positive out of leaving an ok job for one that's worse, I guess ^^^^^^^^ is it.

vantexan

The fact that it's an ok job doesn't mean there aren't ones out there that are perceived to be better.
For most hub employees it's a part time job. If they want more pay they have to go to where there's FT. Simple as that. When I worked at the Hub in Memphis in the 80's FedEx was more or less the only option in town to get a decent paying with benefits job that could supplement your main job. Now there's competition for that workforce.

falcon back

For most hub employees it's a part time job. If they want more pay they have to go to where there's FT. Simple as that. When I worked at the Hub in Memphis in the 80's FedEx was more or less the only option in town to get a decent paying with benefits job that could supplement your main job. Now there's competition for that workforce.
Once again you have no idea what you are talking about. There are plenty of FT jobs in the Memphis Hub.

vantexan

You know what the current year is, right?
I know that the sort doesn't last long enough for full-time hours. I know I had been seeing PT postings for handlers in the Hub forever but few FT postings and those are for positions like mechanic, de-icing, not for handler. I've got two people here who have never worked at our main hub trying to tell me otherwise. Uh-huh.

falcon back

I know that the sort doesn't last long enough for full-time hours. I know I had been seeing PT postings for handlers in the Hub forever but few FT postings and those are for positions like mechanic, de-icing, not for handler. I've got two people here who have never worked at our main hub trying to tell me otherwise. Uh-huh.
Once again you show your ignorance. I was in the hub before you could spell Federal Express. Unloading DC 3 and whatever else they could charter to support the Falcons. The hub is 24/7 and you want to use 1988 as your point of reference. If you want to call someone a liar, you better check your facts 1st. Kind of like your stupidity when you challenged the pension subject.

vantexan

Once again you show your ignorance. I was in the hub before you could spell Federal Express. Unloading DC 3 and whatever else they could charter to support the Falcons. The hub is 24/7 and you want to use 1988 as your point of reference. If you want to call someone a liar, you better check your facts 1st. Kind of like your stupidity when you challenged the pension subject.
I didn't call you a liar but you obviously are ignorant. Dano is in Memphis, ask him if handlers are FT. Maybe some, but are most? And P.S. You attack me for using 1988 as a reference point but you were there in the 70's?

falcon back

I didn't call you a liar but you obviously are ignorant. Dano is in Memphis, ask him if handlers are FT. Maybe some, but are most? And P.S. You attack me for using 1988 as a reference point but you were there in the 70's?
Our senior came from the hub and has hired couriers from the hub. Some as recent as this summer. They pretty much have told the same story. If you want full time, it's available.

AB831

Wow, you're a real life FedEx legend!!!!! Do you sign autographs on the weekend?

AB831

If there's a way to spin a positive out of leaving an ok job for one that's worse, I guess ^^^^^^^^ is it.
How do you know the jobs people are leaving FedEx for are worse? Typical loser's mindset: resent and demean anyone who attempts to do better than you. Maybe if that mindset wasn't ubiquitous among FedEx managers, it wouldn't be such a lousy place to work.